PDA

View Full Version : Dear leader demands MORE doublethink!

LWW
07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
"TRUTH" circa 2008:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dear leader 2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end, I intend to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of 2011."</span> </div></div>

"TRUTH" circa 2011:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reich Wing Los Angeles Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>The White House is prepared to keep as many as 10,000 U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of the year, amid growing concern that the planned pullout of virtually all remaining American forces would lead to intensified militant attacks, according to U.S. officials.</span> </div></div>

Soflasnapper
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I realize that knowing English only as a second language can be challenging, but surely you know the meaning of 'intend'?

And that if later something else is done, that doesn't mean the statement of intention was necessarily false?

What am I thinking?!?! Of COURSE you don't know either of these two things, evidently.

LWW
07-07-2011, 02:13 AM
And, of course, the O-cult complies with dear leader's demand.

llotter
07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
It is commonly recognized that a moron cannot be held responsible for either his words or actions and so it is with The Moron in the WH.

Soflasnapper
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I INTENDED to get up early this morning.

When the alarm rang, I hit 'off' instead of 'snooze,' so I ended up arising later than early.

This would prove to you I must NOT have intended to arise early?

Sorry, no, it doesn't prove anything about what I intended, far less show I would have been lying if I had stated my intention to do so.

And as you should know, the correct headline language was that he MAY leave the 10,000, not that he's said that is a done deal. (That's what a half-dozen or so headlines I read actually said about this. "MAY." Here, for one example. "May" (may not) (http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/obama-may-break-his-promise-on-iraq-withdrawal-20110706) )

It requires the Iraqi government to ASK us to do that, and they have not, to date.

To recap, something that may or may not happen has already proven (to you) that the statement 'I intend' has been wholly discredited, and requires doublethink to understand.

There's no doublethink involved-- I'd say less than half-think, on your part.

LWW
07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Are you George Stephanopoulos?

I remember watching him years ago explaining that Clinton never broke a promise because the promises he didn't keep were the ones he never intended to keep in the first place.

Your slavish devotion to covering for dear leader has probably brought a tear to his eye ... I suspect that when the war on prosperity is won you might even be rewarded with an extra spoon of cabbage soup for dinner.

Soflasnapper
07-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Are you George Stephanopoulos?

Aka Judas Maximus? No, I'm much taller than he.

Is that you, Humpty, being the boss of words and making them mean whatever you say they mean?

LWW
07-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Let me make this real easy for you ... everyone in America, other than Obamatrons, believed the "INTENT" was pure pablum being spoon fed to his mob.

The mob believed it without qualm nor trepidation ... because it came from the lips of their beloved godking.

Now that it has been exposed to have been false, as thinking people already knew, the mob insists that it was never what they expected at all.

Tell us the truth ... you believe we have always been at war with Eurasia don't you.

Soflasnapper
07-10-2011, 08:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me make this real easy for you ... everyone in America, other than Obamatrons, believed the "INTENT" was pure pablum being spoon fed to his mob.

The mob believed it without qualm nor trepidation ... because it came from the lips of their beloved godking.

Now that it has been exposed to have been false, as thinking people already knew, the mob insists that it was never what they expected at all.

Tell us the truth ... you believe we have always been at war with Eurasia don't you. </div></div>

It has NOT been proven to be false. If anything, he's indicated a willingness to do something that could be construed to make it false, IF IT FREAKING HAPPENS. Which it may not, which hasn't happened to date, and will require the acquiescence of a foreign government not so friendly to us for some unknown reason (ha!) before it COULD take place.

Most educated people know that if a president (a temporary office holder) comes up against the MICC, one of the permanent power establishments, it is the MICC that will win. All presidents are constrained in what they CAN do (even if they really do WANT to), by what they are ALLOWED to do.

They don't even have to assassinate a president anymore, they can do it with a political assassination, through a propaganda effort.

You appear to naively believe this guy is in charge of things, and can do what he wants unimpeded by powerful opposition. Nothing could be further from the truth.

LWW
07-11-2011, 04:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has NOT been proven to be false. If anything, he's indicated a willingness to do something that could be construed to make it false</div></div>

That one brought a tear to dear leader's eye.

Let's use this analogy on something else to demonstrate how ridiculous it is. I'm caught inside a bank safe by the PD hours after they close, and I've tunneled my way in. My defense? I wasn't actually robbing the bank since I haven't yet left with the money ... I've only demonstrated a willingness to do something that could be construed as robbing the bank.

Yes ... you have mimed Stephanopolous who claimed Clinton wasn't a liar because he never intended to keep the promises that he broke.

Qtec
07-11-2011, 05:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember watching him years ago explaining that Clinton never broke a promise because the promises he didn't keep were the ones he never intended to keep in the first place. </div></div>

Link?

never mind, I believe you............... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Q

Soflasnapper
07-11-2011, 02:27 PM
This is close enough a paraphrase to call it accurate.

I think it was slightly different (from memory). More like 'he kept all the promises he intended to keep,' something like that, not exactly that he'd never broke a promise (that might be more an editorial interpretative statement of what he meant when he said that).

However, Clinton made several HUNDRED campaign pledges, and put them into a BOOK ('Putting America First'). His record of achieving these promises was about as strong as anyone in history, even presidential candidates who only promised a handful of things.

Norman Ornstein, a well regarded centrist at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute (AEI), once wrote that Clinton's record of fulfilling his pledges was 'astounding,' and historic. It's been measured at about 65% fulfillment, and some of what he failed to accomplish, was after toiling hard and simply not getting Congress to do it (considering he had 6 years of the GOP controlling Congress, not surprising).

Soflasnapper
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
The quote is more how I remembered it:

The President has kept all of the promises he intended to keep.

George Stephanopoulos

The other part of it is, as I guessed, an editorial judgment paraphrase.

LWW
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember watching him years ago explaining that Clinton never broke a promise because the promises he didn't keep were the ones he never intended to keep in the first place. </div></div>

Link?

never mind, I believe you............... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Q </div></div>

One of the smarter things you've ever done.