PDA

View Full Version : Krugman explains death panels aren't death panels!

LWW
07-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Everyone don their doublethink hats:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said something deliberately provocative on This Week, so I think I’d better clarify what I meant (which I did on the show, but it can’t hurt to say it again.)

So, what I said is that the eventual resolution of the deficit problem both will and should rely on “death panels and sales taxes”. What I meant is that

(a) health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — not really death panels, of course, but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care

(b) we’ll need more revenue — several percent of GDP — which might most plausibly come from a value-added tax</div></div>

Don't miss the next spoonful ... (http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/death-panels-and-sales-taxes/)

Soflasnapper
07-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Still struggling to get your half-think up to single-think?

So sad. Please know and always remember, I'm rooting for you to recover. And doing what I can to help.

LWW
07-07-2011, 05:44 PM
What's funny is I back handedly agree with you ... obviously both you and Krugman believe that just because he called for death panels on TV, and admits the same, doesn't at all mean that he ever called for death panels.

cushioncrawler
07-07-2011, 06:47 PM
The luckyest pipple in the whole wide world vote for death every day -- they vote with their lips and teeth.
Usofa citizens are smoking and eating their way to early deaths.
How dare anyone vote with their brains.
mac.

Soflasnapper
07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is I back handedly agree with you ... obviously both you and Krugman believe that just because he called for death panels on TV, and admits the same, doesn't at all mean that he ever called for death panels. </div></div>

Irony escapes you, as many other things do as well.

He was talking about 'death panels,' i.e., so-called death panels, which are indeed called that by the ignoratii and cynics who know better, but which are not that at all.

LWW
07-08-2011, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is I back handedly agree with you ... obviously both you and Krugman believe that just because he called for death panels on TV, and admits the same, doesn't at all mean that he ever called for death panels. </div></div>

Irony escapes you, as many other things do as well.

He was talking about 'death panels,' i.e., so-called death panels, which are indeed called that by the ignoratii and cynics who know better, but which are not that at all. </div></div>

Oh please, you will parrot whatever the regime tells you to parrot.
HERE (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/553991/201011161919/Krugman-Endorses-Death-Panels.aspx) is the quote:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes."</span>

Facts, they are such stubborn things.

Soflasnapper
07-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Tell me how you can tell when someone is using an ironical meaning, from how they sound in the soundbite?

LWW
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry ... you say he was talking about "so called death panels" when he was clearly saying death panels are the answer.

The retraction was only a quite lame effort to cover the left's collectivist arse by denying that he had told the truth about the agenda.

Soflasnapper
07-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Tell me the difference in pronouncing "death panels" compared to " 'death panels' ".

Some people use air quotes to show such a difference, but there is not an agreed upon linguistic tag.

LWW
07-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Please cease and desist from your pointless deflections.

Here is what the man said:

"Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes."

Soflasnapper
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I know that-- sheesh. What else did he say when he clarified his remarks?

You must wear no-irony clothing.

LWW
07-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Read the thread title ... he explained to the good little Obamatrons that just because he said the solution was death panels and tax increases didn't mean that he said the solution was death panels and tax increases.

And, slavishly, you agreed with it.

Next deflection please?

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 04:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read the thread title ... he explained to the good little Obamatrons that just because he said the solution was death panels and tax increases didn't mean that he said the solution was death panels and tax increases.

Next deflection please? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — <span style='font-size: 17pt'>not really death panels, of course,</span> but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care</span></div></div>

LWW
07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read the thread title ... he explained to the good little Obamatrons that just because he said the solution was death panels and tax increases didn't mean that he said the solution was death panels and tax increases.

Next deflection please? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — <span style='font-size: 17pt'>not really death panels, of course,</span> but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care</span></div></div> </div></div>

And you are proving me wrong again by proving me right.

All the good little Obamatrons reading this thread are nodding their collectivist heads in unison agreeing that death panels aren't death panels if the regime says that the death panels aren't death panels.

Soflasnapper
07-16-2011, 12:04 PM
What 'regime' is Nobel Prize Winner in Economics, Princeton professor and NY Times columnist Paul Krugman a part of, in your view? If he's in 'the regime,' why has he been a constant critic of Obama's economic policies?

I wish he were a key architect of Obama's policies, because they'd be far better, but he is an outside, to whom they do not listen, sfaik.

He explained what he meant on the day he said it, immediately following the remark, as well as in the column, later. Although he twice explained it, you insist he meant something entirely different, because it suits your warped framing.

LWW
07-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Do you have any clue how ridiculous you appear?

Stretch
07-16-2011, 02:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any clue how ridiculous you appear? </div></div>

It's you who looks ridiculous now. St.

LWW
07-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Nobody thought you had a clue about anything.