PDA

View Full Version : From Russia, with love.

cushioncrawler
07-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Dmitry Komarov of dbkcues haz a website with some slo-mo.
I especially like the footage where u kan see the leather qtip compressing and uncompressing az the longitudinal compression waves come and go.

Allso haz a nice article on cue vibration and nodes.
Duzz anyone else out there know of any other articles etc on cue vibration???
mac.

Rich R.
07-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Please post the link.

cushioncrawler
07-10-2011, 04:50 AM
http://dbkcues.ru/2010/09/01/344/?lang=en.

LWW
07-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Any examples of what his cues look like?

cushioncrawler
07-10-2011, 06:00 PM
http://dbkcues.ru/galleriesen/archives/?lang=en

But i think theze are russian billiards cues and the slo-mo's show russian billiards balls.

The "Chernobyl" cues glow in the dark.
mac.

Quizz -- If u make a full rack of "Chernobyl" balls, and then u stack a 2nd layer neatly on top, and then a 3rd layer, and then a 4th layer, how many "Chernobyl" balls will u hav in your stack???

cushioncrawler
07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
In googling for cue vibration etc i did see a lot of krap mainly from theusofa re adverts for krap ideas re cues etc that reduced vibration etc.

But perhaps there iz some good in reducing vibrations etc (apart from parting gullibles and their $$$$$$). Duz anyone know??? Hav there been tests????
mac.

JoeW
07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
An interesting topic. Thanks for the link. Is it safe to conclude that a soft tip with a soft stroke is more likely to suffer the effects of vibration induced throw?

Or does the soft tip reduce the effect of vibration?

One guy's science is another guy's application !

cushioncrawler
07-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Joe -- Yes. If some of the sideways etc vibrations are tween 20hz and 60hz -- and if kontakt iz so to speak 1000hz, and praps kloser to 500hz if very soft tip -- then a soft tip might suffer more throw/squirt, or less throw/squirt.

Bearing in mind that the axial compression waves are say 4000hz -- and bearing in mind that the sideways vibrations push and pull the qtip too, ie they change the effektiv L of the cue too, at 20hz to 60hz.

That compression and uncompression of the leather tip iz amazing to see. U karnt see it at all on most of the footage. It must hav something to do with the 9200fps etc fluking just the right instant for each frame. A sort of lucky strobe effekt. On the other shots the strobe effekt made it look like nothing much woz going on.
mac.

cushioncrawler
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Re reducing vibration. I hav a standard soft-skrew test.
I play a thin halfball skrew potred into rt-top-pkt, skrewing back to the same pozzy (for the qball) off 2 cushions (if u judge the pace ok)(if u and the cue and tip kan get lots of soft-skrew).
Some cues karnt get enuff soft-skrew. Some kan better the needed rezult, but uzually with lots of failures and misscues.

This morning i loosened the wt bolt in one of my 19oz pool cues, and i got my best effort to date. The qball got so much soft-skrew that it nearly finished at the dot that i sit the red on.

So, praps the vibration dampening krap iznt krap.
mac.

JoeW
07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Have to try that. Thanks for the idea.