PDA

View Full Version : The next gubmint farce?

LWW
07-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I hope not, but it's just close enougn to be funny and scary at the same time:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the smashing success of Cash for Clunkers? No? Well this time, with the right people in charge, another government program will succeed flawlessly, under budget, and ahead of schedule. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>That’s right, I’m talking about Firearms for Felons! What better way to get guns out of the hands law abiding citizens who should never have been allowed to have them in the first place? Sure the Constitution has some sentimental nonsense about the right to keep and bear arms, but that was written way back then; Firearms for Felons is a program for today.</span>

How does it work? It’s so simple that someone who clings bitterly to his guns and religion could understand it. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>You take a gun that you paid several hundred dollars for but were denied access to until your background check cleared (sorry about those times the computer was down and you couldn’t get your gun, but every now and then even the government doesn’t quite come through on time). You go to a Firearms for Felons receiving center near you which you can find on the BATFE website. You will receive fully $25 for your firearm, which you shouldn’t have, and voilŕ! another gun has been removed from the general populace and our streets have been made safer as if by magic. What happens then is that a highly trained ATF agent, who is much more competent to possess a firearm than you are, searches a database of known criminals, say, a drug dealer or a human trafficker. He then sells your gun to the criminal for a profit which helps reduce the national debt. So you see that not only are our streets made safer, but the government is made richer so it can finance even more such enlightened programs.</span>

Listen to these testimonials from some happy customers…

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“I’ve been trafficking immigrants for years, and anybody in my business knows it’s just not safe to go unarmed. Thanks to Firearms for Felons, I and my fellow coyotes now travel with rugged, reliable AKs that we just we couldn’t afford before. Thank you, ATF!”</span> – “Juan”, Reynosa

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“It’s hard to make a living when Border Patrol agents keep interfering with your home based pharmaceutical trade. Because of Firearms for Felons, we’re armed and business is booming. I wouldn’t be the success I am today without the ATF.”</span> – “Julio”, Juarez

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Because of Firearms for Felons, I was able to increase my income just by shooting some of my neighbors and threatening to shoot some of my other neighbors’ children. Thanks to the ATF, everybody’s terrified of me.”</span> – “Raul”, Los Corrales

And there are many, many more. You see, because of Firearms for Felons…

·Citizens like you who shouldn’t own guns are relieved of them

·Our streets are made safer for the Children™

·The Government gets more money (and there’s NEVER enough money for the Government)

·Entrepreneurs in developing countries have a chance to come up in the world

You see? It’s a win-win situation all around because it’s a Government Program! C’mon, get on board. Get rid of that firearm today and let the ATF find someone who can use it.</div></div>

America though the eyes of a former Soviet agitprop artist (http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/announcing-firearms-for-felons-t7486.html)

Qtec
07-11-2011, 05:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You<u> take a gun </u>that you paid several hundred dollars for but were <u>denied access to </u> </div></div>

How can you take a gun that you don't have, anywhere?

Q

LWW
07-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Is your English honestly that bad?