PDA

View Full Version : Pat Gaddell quote

llotter
07-12-2011, 11:59 AM
The elephant in the room is, 'Does This Guy Have Any Idea What He Is Doing?' asks Pat Gaddell as he recognizes another disaster in the WH following his former boss Jimmy Carter. Could it be that The Moron is being recognized as the empty suit that he is?

Both domestically and internationally, our country is on the fast track over a cliff and The Moron only wants to do the fun things, announce new programs.

Soflasnapper
07-12-2011, 02:09 PM
That's <u>C</u>addell, btw.

As a former pollster for Democrats (like Dick Morris), Caddell is often taken as still a Democrat, just disaffected with the party. Actually, he left the party in '88, and now appears to be a reactionary who can't think straight or willfully lies, if ever he wasn't.

Wiki mentions his prior stated opinions, and they include some whoppers, in my view:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to researchers, Caddell had wide influence in the Carter White House, and was the chief advocate of what later became known as Carter's "malaise speech".[6] [considered Carter's waterloo moment, and the worst speech of his presidency. What a genius moment to be responsible for!-- my comment]

His analysis on polls and campaign issues often puts him at odds with the current leadership of the Democratic Party. He has been criticized for predicting the downfall of the Democratic party.[7][8] Critics point out that he has defended the Bush administration by arguing that Republicans did not exploit the issue of gay marriage in the presidential election of 2004.[citation needed] [clearly erroneous, imo-- my comment] He also denounced Democrats in the House who voted against the Palm Sunday Compromise, which sought to reinstate Terri Schiavo's feeding tube, as "cold blooded,"[citation needed] [one of the over-reaching actions that turned the country against the GOP for interfering in a private family decision, fully processed through Florida courts, in a one case only LAW of the nation?!?!! WTF! -- my comment] and called environmentalism "a conspiracy 'to basically deconstruct capitalism.'"[1] Caddell is a regular guest on FOX News, listed as a Fox News Contributor. This has earned him the label of "Fox News Democrat."[1] </div></div>

Correct, and like all supposed Democrats or 'former' Democrats Fox has on regularly, his job and their jobs are to trash the Democratic Party and Democratic officials, period. It is no surprise when he and they do it, because their jobs depend upon it. Tell me, do they EVER support the Democratic Party, or alternatively, trash the GOP? (No, or they wouldn't have their pitiful jobs there.)

The Moron only wants to do the fun things, announce new programs.

Get serious. As if putting trillions of dollars of cuts, including to SS and Medicare, on the table is fun, when it earns him the anger of his entire party.

Soflasnapper
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
My point is you might as well quote Hannity, Rush, or G. Beck, as to quote Caddell. Guy carries no weight when you know what he's all about.

llotter
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Well, Caddell is a one of many that find themselves moving away from the Left and more toward the conservative side as their understanding of the world improves with time and experience. As the blatant flaws of the Left become more apparent under current 'leadership', no doubt more will be peeling away and it will be my pleasure to point them out when I notice them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct, and like all supposed Democrats or 'former' Democrats Fox has on regularly, his job and their jobs are to trash the Democratic Party and Democratic officials, period. It is no surprise when he and they do it, because their jobs depend upon it. Tell me, do they EVER support the Democratic Party, or alternatively, trash the GOP? (No, or they wouldn't have their pitiful jobs there.) </div></div>

If you watched Fox, you would know that the Left if well represented along with many who support the Democrats. While conservatives are over-represented, the imbalance is nowhere near its opposite from the many other sources in the media.

Soflasnapper
07-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Working as a pollster for Carter, a conservative Southern Democrat, was working for the left?

No, he never was on the left, by any evidence I've seen. He became quite dyspeptic about Democrats in general, including the other conservative Southern Democrat, Bill Clinton, more than 20 years ago, not recently.

It's like saying Dick Morris fled the left, when prior to working for Clinton while he was president, he'd previously worked for such hard leftists as Strom Thurmond or Jesse Helms, whichever it was.

Or Susan Estrich, whose leftists credentials were that she managed the campaign of a moderate Democrat who campaigned as a technocrat, not a leftist, Michael Dukakis.