PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann's Police Reports Give Her Away!

Gayle in MD
07-13-2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/11/2309801_p2/police-reports-show-different.html

2012 PRESIDENTIAL RACE
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Police reports show different side of Michele Bachmann
.From complaining about her house being egged to filing a report that she was being held “against my will” in a public restroom, Michele Bachmann has left a trail of police reports showing a seldom-seen side of a presidential candidate. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In this June 18, 2011 photo, Republican presidential hopeful Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is showered with glitter after speaking at the AFP RightOnline Conference in Minneapolis. This year, for some liberal activists, the guerrilla tactic of choice is a shower of glitter tossed from close range.
JEFF BAENEN / AP PHOTO
Photo

Group: Marcus Bachmann clinic seeks to 'cure' gay people
The Bachmann Files - Michele Bachmann's police reports
By Marc Caputo
Mcaputo@MiamiHerald.com
With a penchant for tough talk and polarizing positions, Republican presidential contender Michele Bachmann is a magnet for controversy — and there’s a trail of police reports to prove it.

She and her staff over the years have requested police protection or investigations when her house was egged; when protesters threw glitter on her or held up critical signs; when her campaign yard signs were stolen; when a man wrote an email perceived as a threat; and when she screamed that two women were holding her hostage “against my will” in a city hall restroom.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The series of police reports from the Stillwater Police Department and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office in Minnesota show a side of a candidate rarely seen on the campaign trail, where Bachmann has described herself as having a "titanium spine."

Bachmann’s campaign and congressional offices wouldn’t comment, but her fellow Minnesota Republicans say they’re not surprised by the reports.

But those who have been a target of her calling the cops say Bachmann doesn’t walk the talk.

“She seems paranoid,” said Brad Trandem, a Lakeland, Minn. resident who excoriated Bachmann in an email this year, only to face investigators. “She does all this criticism of other people’s lives and talks about how people should be ‘armed and dangerous.’ But then someone says something critical about her and she calls the police.”

In Trandem’s case, Bachmann’s staff who forwarded his correspondence to U.S. Capitol Police with the headline “Email Threat to Rep. Bachmann.”

At issue, this last sentence of the 128-word email referring to Dr. Marcus Bachmann: “I would also keep a little closer tabs on the dear hubby if I were you.”
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bachmann’s husband has become the focus of controversy himself, suggesting in a radio interview that homosexuals were “barbarians (who) need to be educated.” Though the Bachmanns have denied it, gay activists say the Christian counselor is associated with a type of therapy aimed at stopping homosexuality through spiritual training.

Trandem said his email wasn’t intended to threaten anyone, and he wasn’t suggesting the congresswoman’s husband was gay. He said he was just drawing attention to what he sees as the hypocrisy of social conservatives who accuse others of the offenses they commit.

Trandem’s email, though, came a day after a watershed moment in American political history: The Jan. 8 shooting spree of Jared Lee Loughner, accused of killing six and wounding 14 others – including Tucson Congresswoman Gabbie Giffords. In his letter, Trandem referred to “tea baggers” and suggested conservative talk of armed revolt was to blame for the Tucson rampage. Loughner, it turns out, was mentally ill and wasn’t a tea party member. Capitol police referred the email to the Washington County sheriffs investigators, who determined Trandem posed no threat. Capitol police wouldn’t comment.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Though her social-conservatism has helped inspire loathing on the left, it’s a potent force in a GOP primary. Some polls show she’s leading in Iowa and is now running in second place to Mitt Romney in Florida.

In April 2005, Bachmann held a meeting at Scandia City Hall in her state senate district. But she cut the meeting short when the topic turned to gay marriage. Two Minnesota voters, Pamela Arnold and Nancy Cosgriff, wanted the congresswoman to answer their questions.

Cosgriff, a former nun, said she wanted to know about the “theological underpinnings” of Bachmann’s stance on gay marriage. While trying to get a response, Cosgriff said she followed Bachmann into the restroom where the congresswoman washed her hands but wouldn’t respond. Palmer then came in and asked about education as well.

“You have to get away from the door because I have to go,” Bachmann said she asked repeatedly, according to a police report.

When Arnold tried to get an answer, Bachmann yelled “help me! Someone get me out of here!” Bachmann told police. Arnold and Cosgriff told police Bachmann said something like “Help, help you’re holding me against my will!”

Said Cosgriff: “I was amazed and concerned when she erupted in this emotional outburst without provocation… I tried to apologize for any misunderstanding.”

As the startled women looked on, Bachmann ran out of the restroom. She later filed a police report, which an investigator described as a “possible false imprisonment” inquiry. The women weren’t prosecuted because the investigator determined that there were “conflicting accounts” and a “lack of any strong corroborating evidence that would suggest criminal activity.”

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The year before, Bachmann and a Republican state representative sponsored a proposed Minnesota constitutional amendment to stop gay marriage. State Capitol activists put the lawmakers’ pictures and home phone numbers on placards and pamphlets that said “shame” and “sponsoring hate crimes legislation.”

Bachmann called the Stillwater police “in case she starts to get threatening phone calls,” a report said.

Gay activists also hunted her down in Minnesota, where someone tried to throw glitter on the congresswoman as a protest on June 18 — shortly after she declared her presidential candidacy. Bachmann barely reacted publicly. But she called the Capitol police, who notified the sheriff’s office of the glittering and a tweet someone posted that suggested “they would be using guns as their right.”

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Separately, Stillwater police have also investigated the theft of her campaign yard signs in 2002. And she called them to her house in 2007 when she complained her house was “substantially egged” for the second time.

None of the inquiries resulted in arrests.

</div></div>

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/11/2309801_p2/police-reports-show-different.html#ixzz1S081QtnL

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/11/2309801/police-reports-show-different.html#ixzz1S06jIuYb

LWW
07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
So her sin is not wanting to be subjected to the thuggish mob to which you happily belong?

OH ... THE HUMANITY!

Soflasnapper
07-13-2011, 04:39 PM
She is a very small person, with a very large head.

People like that tend to snarl and bite.

Sev
07-13-2011, 05:10 PM
You description of Gayle is perfect. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
07-14-2011, 04:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is a very small person, with a very large head.

People like that tend to snarl and bite. </div></div>

So you also excuse the actions of the mob?

LWW &lt;--- Unsurprised.

Gayle in MD
07-14-2011, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is a very small person, with a very large head.

People like that tend to snarl and bite. </div></div>

I wonder if she's related to Palin??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'd be willing to bet, she was a Cheerleader! I'll bet her hubby was a Majorette, LOL.

Regardless, Little Michelle has to do what God tells her to do, like demonize His own creations, Gay Americans.

Lie to the American public about how she's scruffing up on all of those subsidies, and conning Gay kids into paying her to be brain washed by her ridiculous BS about her company can go about "Curing" them of being who they are.

Poor Bachmann, she had to listen to God when he told her to call the President and all of the public servants who serve in his administration, a Gangster Government, while they were trying to help the poor, the ill and the hungry, and when God told her to insinuate that Democratics on the Hill, should be the subject of a "Great Investigation by the media" on their UNAMERICAN views!

Gee, wonder why God didn't tell her not to show her ass trying to dance! Or clue her in on American History!

OMG! What an embarrassing display that was!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Maybe she can outdo the Palins, and get on Dancing with the Stars, or a Reality Show.

She makes Bristol look like Ginger Rodgers!

Even Bristol didn't look THAT bad!

Too funny! Her husband grabs her to dance, and she can't bring herself to let go of the Microphone!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You description of Gayle is perfect. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

This all reminds me of a line from "ANIMAL CRACKERS" where Captain Spaulding (Groucho Marx) was flirting with the rich Mrs Rittenhouse (Margarey Dumont):

Groucho: Why don't you marry me?

Dumont: Why, marry you! (Smitten.)

Groucho: You take me, and I'll take a vacation. I'll need a vacation if we're going to get married. Married! I can see you now in the kitchen, bending over a hot stove. But I can't see the stove!

Qtec
07-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Bachmann is a nutjob. Every time she opens her mouth she lies.

If she is a good Christian who doesn't tell a lie, why won't she answer any Q's about her [ gay ] husbands anti- gay therapy?

Q

Gayle in MD
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bachmann is a nutjob. Every time she opens her mouth she lies.

If she is a good Christian who doesn't tell a lie, why won't she answer any Q's about her [ gay ] husbands anti- gay therapy?

Q </div></div>

Exactly!

She is really a total JOKE!

Speaks volumes about the overrall ignorance of Republican voters, that shhe is at the top of their list!!!!

Romney??? Biggest job destroyer in the country!

Perry? LMAO! He's going to pray our way out of this slow economy!!!!

The Repiglicans just get nuttier and nuttier.

Luckier, according to the polls, the same part of the American public, the other 68 to 70 percent of voters, are seeing through the broad lies and illogical policies of the Repiglican Party.

G.