PDA

View Full Version : More Blood on Obamas Hands. "Operation Castaway"

Sev
07-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Another gun running operation has just surfaced.
I must say the Obama administration is doing a find job of arming criminals.
I cant wait to see what else is lurking in the bushes.

I would love to see all of this tied to Holder and Obama.

I can help but notice the libs are remaining silent on these operations. If it were Bush the would be seeking impeachment by now.

It will be interesting to see what the body count ends up being due to these operations and who is held accountable.

<span style="color: #000000">
Did Operation Fast and Furious have a Tampa twin, Operation Castaway?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/13/di...#ixzz1S56xGeuH

Republican lawmakers are alleging that Operation Fast and Furious may have had a twin in Tampa: Operation Castaway.

The new revelations have come to light as Florida Republican Rep. Gus Bilrakis fired off a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder and acting ATF Director Ken Melson asking them for answers about the newly discovered program.

“In recent days, it has come to light that the ATF and DOJ have participated in the act of ‘gun walking’ beyond the acts conducted within the scope of ‘Operation Fast and Furious,’” Bilrakis wrote to Holder and Melson.

<span style="color: #660000"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>“Recent reports have suggested that Project Gunrunner may not have been limited to weapons trafficking to Mexico and that similar programs included the possible trafficking of arms to criminal gangs in Honduras with the knowledge of the ATF’s Tampa Field Division and the Department of Justice’s Middle District of Florida through an operation known as ‘Operation Castaway,’” the letter read.</span></span>

The controversial gun-trafficking sting operation Operation Fast and Furious was managed out of the ATF’s Phoenix field office. Congressional Republicans are investigating whether similar practices were followed elsewhere.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
<span style="color: #660000">Bilrakis added that, as a member of the House Committees on Homeland Security and Foreign Affairs, he finds it “troubling” that the U.S. government would “willfully allow weapons to be acquired by dangerous criminal and drug trafficking organizations in direct contravention to our strategic and national interests.”
</span></span>
Specifically, Bilrakis asked them to confirm whether or not these new allegations are true, what monitoring and tracking processes the DOJ and ATF used to follow the guns after they were sold and whether or not Operation Castaway has been terminated.

Bilrakis sent a separate letter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director John Morton asking similar questions about ICE’s possible involvement in Operation Castaway.

A spokeswoman for the DOJ didn’t respond to TheDC’s request for comment.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/13/di...#ixzz1S576mLa2</span>

LWW
07-14-2011, 06:50 AM
I had suspected that additional instances would have been happening.

Operation Gunrunner had Operation Fast and Furious with OGR ... which logic would dictate then that F&F was one of multiple sub routines within OGR.

The smoking gun, so to speak, is that if OGR was what they claim it to be ... disabled/dummy weapons could have been allowed to "WALK" out of the country.

This, obviously by intent, wasn't done.

It seems quite clear that the regime wanted US weapons used in Mexico as a false flag operation to attempt to limit 1st amendment freedoms here.

It was reported earlier that dear leader had stated that he was working on gun control "UNDER THE RADAR" ... and it is now clear what that meant.

There is no reason to believe that this doesn't reach all the way to the White House.

And the same folks who wailed and gnashed their teeth over someone not outing someone else who wasn't a covert agent can look at this with full denial.

Sev
07-14-2011, 07:47 AM
The underlying theme is to create a situation that will cause the American people to support legislation that restricts the second amendment.

Causing mass murder in neighboring countries appears to be acceptable collateral damage to achieve their objective.

LWW
07-14-2011, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The underlying theme is to create a situation that will cause the American people to support legislation that restricts the second amendment.

Causing mass murder in neighboring countries appears to be acceptable collateral damage to achieve their objective. </div></div>

Son solamente mosca sobre campesinos, estimado líder los demostraban solamente que el jefe sea!

Soflasnapper
07-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I can help but notice the libs are remaining silent on these operations. If it were Bush the would be seeking impeachment by now.

Then Speaker of the House-elect Nancy Pelosi: "Impeachment is off the table" (referring to everything and anything W had done to that point).

Yes, Kucinich made an impeachment motion against W (which the Democratic majority committee did not advance, and didn't even markup in hearings, as I recall), and Kucinich also brought up impeachment against Obama. Other liberals, not so much.

What is the problem now with guns to Honduras? Do we have US border guard officials at risk there? US citizens at risk just across their border?

LWW
07-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Back where the air is thick ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During the presidency of George W. Bush, several American politicians sought to either investigate Bush for allegedly impeachable offenses, or to bring actual impeachment charges on the floor of the United States House of Representatives. The most significant of these efforts occurred on June 10, 2008, when Congressman Dennis Kucinich, along with co-sponsor Robert Wexler, introduced 35 articles of impeachment ...

On June 16, 2005 Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) assembled an unofficial meeting to discuss the Downing Street memo and to consider grounds for impeachment.
Conyers filed a resolution on December 18, 2005 to create an investigative committee to consider impeachment. His resolution gained 38 co-sponsors before it expired at the end of the 109th Congress. He did not reintroduce a similar resolution for the 110th Congress. ...

Keith Ellison was the leading figure behind the resolution to impeach Bush brought to the Minnesota State House of Representatives in May 2006.[6] Ellison was elected to the United States House of Representatives in November 2006. During the campaign and when he was named to the House Judiciary Committee, Ellison repeatedly called for an investigation into a possible impeachment. ...

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) called for the committee to explore whether Bush should face impeachment ...

In July 2007, Pelosi stated that she "would probably advocate" impeaching Bush if she were not in the House nor Speaker of the House. ...

Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) submitted a resolution, H. Res. 1106. The bill expired along with the 109th Congress. ...

John Conyers brought up the subject of impeachment on the July 8, 2007 broadcast of This Week with George Stephanopoulos ...

On June 9, 2008, Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), introduced a resolution, H.Res. 1258 , to impeach president George W. Bush, which included 35 counts in the articles of impeachment. At the end of the evening on June 10, Kucinich offered a motion to refer HRes 1258 to the House Judiciary Committee. On June 11, the House voted 251-166 to send the resolution to the Committee. ...

On March 21, 2006 the New Mexico Democratic Party, at a convention in Albuquerque, adopted a plank to their platform saying “the Democratic Party of New Mexico supports the impeachment of George Bush ...

On March 24, 2007, the Vermont Democratic State Committee voted to support JRH 15, a state legislative resolution supporting impeachment, calling for its passage as "appropriate action." ...

On January 2, 2008, Betty Hall (D), an 87-year-old, fourteen-term State Representative, introduced New Hampshire House Resolution 24 in the State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.[22] The resolution was "petitioning Congress to commence impeachment procedures" against Bush and Cheney for "high crimes and misdemeanors" ... </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_George_W._Bush)

LWW
07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the problem now with guns to Honduras?</div></div>

1 - It'a a violation of US law.

2 - It's a violation of a treaty with an ally.

3 - It's a direct act to undermine a foreign government.

Anything else I can help you with?

Sev
07-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Operation Gun Runner.
Operation Fast & Furious.
Operation Castaway.

I wonder what else will surface. This will hit critical mass is it continues.

LWW
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Haven't you heard ... what's the problem with the regime breaking the law?

Sev
07-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Tough question.

Sev
07-15-2011, 07:00 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Political/07132011ram.jpg

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the problem now with guns to Honduras?</div></div>

</div></div>

Citations for any of that, please.

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #000000">[i][b]
Did Operation Fast and Furious have a Tampa twin, Operation Castaway?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/13/di...#ixzz1S56xGeuH

Republican lawmakers are alleging that Operation Fast and Furious may have had a twin in Tampa: Operation Castaway.

“In recent days, it has come to light that the ATF and DOJ have participated in the act of ‘gun walking’ beyond the acts conducted within the scope of ‘Operation Fast and Furious,’” Bilrakis wrote to Holder and Melson.

[color:#660000]<span style='font-size: 17pt'>“Recent reports have suggested that Project Gunrunner may not have been limited to weapons trafficking to Mexico and that similar programs included the possible trafficking of arms to criminal gangs in Honduras with the knowledge of the ATF’s Tampa Field Division and the Department of Justice’s Middle District of Florida through an operation known as ‘Operation Castaway,’” the letter read.</span></span>

Specifically, Bilrakis asked them to confirm whether or not these new allegations are true, what monitoring and tracking processes the DOJ and ATF used to follow the guns after they were sold and whether or not Operation Castaway has been terminated.

Bilrakis sent a separate letter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director John Morton asking similar questions about ICE’s possible involvement in Operation Castaway.
</div></div>

Just read this again, and you know, there's actually nothing here but may haves, could be, possible, and allegations.

Allegations of maybes, could have, possibles and whatnot of Republicans, who have a known technique of very broadbrush strokes that turn out to be wholly incorrect or grossly exaggerated.

The proper attitude should be, wait and see, as many such sensational accusations turn up bubkus when examined.

Or jump around hysterically gloating, or whatever you want to do, free country I suppose in some ways still.

What you should STOP doing is counting up the convictions, as there aren't even credible charges in sight so far. As to your whipping boys, they are not yet even in the picture.

Sev
07-15-2011, 07:20 PM
If it looks like duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck... .

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it looks like duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck... . </div></div>

I agree with that, which is why I'm skeptical.

This looks like a fevered GOP agit-prop claim, sounds like a fevered GOP agit-prop claim, and they act like fevered GOP agit-prop artists...

Just sayin'...

Sev
07-15-2011, 08:01 PM
The government. No matter who is at the helm is responsible of untold stupidity.

I've been thinking Iran/Contra since this broke.

LWW
07-16-2011, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the problem now with guns to Honduras?</div></div>

</div></div>

Citations for any of that, please. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is also illegal to smuggle firearms out of the United States</div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/128845.pdf)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Organization of American States (OAS, or, as it is known in the three other official languages, OEA) is a regional international organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States.[1] Its members are the thirty-five independent states of the American Continent. ...

In the words of Article 1 of the Charter, the goal of the member nations in creating the OAS was "to achieve an order of peace and justice, to promote their solidarity, to strengthen their collaboration, and to defend their sovereignty, their territorial integrity, and their independence." ...</div></div>

OH MY! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_American_States)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Recent reports have suggested that Project Gunrunner may not have been limited to weapons trafficking to Mexico and that similar programs included the possible trafficking of arms to criminal gangs in Honduras with the knowledge of the ATF’s Tampa Field Division and the Department of Justice’s Middle District of Florida through an operation known as ‘Operation Castaway,’” the letter read. </div></div>

GOOD GOLLY! (http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/13/did-operation-fast-and-furious-have-a-tampa-twin-operation-castaway/)

Soflasnapper
07-16-2011, 11:59 AM
None of that shows what you said.

It's illegal to smuggle guns? Yes, making those who did it lawbreakers. Not the ATF. The straw buyers were not ATF assets, but low level persons associated with the cartels.

Is it true that law enforcement must always arrest anyone as soon as an illegal act has occurred? Not to my knowledge, as many operations feature monitoring of illegal acts, allowing them to transpire, and then following those perps for a strategic purpose.

For instance, a drug operation might see a street dealer make a sale, and they do not arrest him or the buyer, but use allowing the street dealer his freedom to find where HE is supplied from, the safe house. They may still allow the safe house to continue its supplying the street dealers, until such time as the raid can be planned, other higher sources are sniffed out, etc. Law enforcement has discretion, and can ignore small fry so that they lead them to bigger fish. This is a commonplace practice, that simply does not violate any law.

LWW
07-16-2011, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all good according to the regime.

The Obamedia said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.</div></div>

Stretch
07-16-2011, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all good according to the regime.

The Obamedia said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.</div></div> </div></div>

You simply must get over these little tantrums of yours whenever your wild ideas get shot down. St.

LWW
07-16-2011, 02:47 PM
That's what I keep telling him.

Soflasnapper
07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all good according to the regime.

The Obamedia said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.</div></div> </div></div>

You simply must get over these little tantrums of yours whenever your wild ideas get shot down. St. </div></div>

Once the debate reaches a certain point of I guess, perceived irretrievable loss on the merits of the argument, the rejoinder becomes this: you are wrong because you are wrong, and a statist Obama-ite deluded person too, as well (tm, SP).

Which is to say, he quits the field of the battle of ideas and argument, to resort to a stale fallacy of argument, the ad hominem card.

Is it REALLY true that each and every crime that law enforcement sees occurring, they MUST IMMEDIATELY arrest those persons, even if allowing them to proceed under surveillance would lead to more arrests of more senior criminals in the activity? Or else that is unlawful?

Not according to what really happens all the freaking time. But to even mention this is a longstanding technique or tactic that law enforcement uses a lot indicates I'm a special pleader, and blind defender of the practice only NOW?

LWW
07-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Nice try ... but what I actually did was simply point out how slavishly you defend the Obama regime on every issue.