PDA

View Full Version : Wind Generators, Better than Sliced Bread

llotter
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Ya know how, when you are doing something completely unrelated, an inspired idea will materialize out of nowhere? Well, that just happened to me while watching the British Open this afternoon. The sudden brainstorm will solve the one big weakness of wind power, i.e. no wind. You construct the windmills right in major natural gas fields like that recently discovered in West Texas. Then you build huge fans using engines powered what that natural gas just below the surface.... voila, problem solved. Its nearly perpetual motion.

I can smell a huge government grant for this

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya know how, when you are doing something completely unrelated, an inspired idea will materialize out of nowhere? Well, that just happened to me while watching the British Open this afternoon. The sudden brainstorm will solve the one big weakness of wind power, i.e. no wind. You construct the windmills right in major natural gas fields like that recently discovered in West Texas. Then you build huge fans using engines powered what that natural gas just below the surface.... voila, problem solved. Its nearly perpetual motion.

I can smell a huge government grant for this
</div></div>

You deserve some plaudits for this cleverly constructed absurdity. Seriously. Very funny indeed!

Apparently no one got the joke, however.

Which is, as you know cause you wrote it, turning large fans with an energy source to run windmills to create electricity is redundant, since one could simply use the energy source itself to run the generators.

And, as you say, it's perfect as a government grant request. Nicely done, if overly subtle for the audience.

cushioncrawler
07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
I didnt get it. Praps its koz i had trouble with the sliced bread bit.
Basikally i used to hav chronic explosive diarrhoea, but now that i dont hav breakfast nor lunch i hardly ever hav bread. Diarrhoea gone.

Aktually, that iz a funny sort of link, diarrhoea/windpower.
Lets make sliced bread kompulsory.
mac.

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds like gluten intolerance leading to symptoms of IBS there.

Always seek gluten-free grain products, if eating grain. Or, avoid bread and all grains, as you are now doing.

cushioncrawler
07-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes i think i had ibs all along. Especially when we got our own little breadmaker.
Probly plus lactose/dairy intolerance. Plus preservativ alergy/intolerance. Krappynomix intolerance.
mac.

llotter
07-17-2011, 03:53 PM
There have been many studies that show conclusively when someone is as full of BS as you, it manifests itself in the most obvious way.