PDA

View Full Version : Reality check for the Republicans on the board.

Qtec
07-15-2011, 06:07 AM
The debt ceiling was raised AT LEAST 7 times under Bush. Can't remember the Dems threatening to default the US unless they didn't get their demands met.

Q

Sev
07-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Yah? So.

The debt ceiling has been raised a total of 102 times.

eg8r
07-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Reality check for qtip...you are an idiot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If qtip walks by an old board on the ground and steps on a rusty nail will he do it the next time he crosses that board. HECK YEAH because he did it the last time so he needs to continue doing it every single time it comes up.

eg8r

Sev
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The debt ceiling was raised AT LEAST 7 times under Bush. Can't remember the Dems threatening to default the US unless they didn't get their demands met.

Q </div></div>

That's true enough. However, that is not to say the Dems didn't play some politics.

On at least one of the votes in the W administration, all or virtually all Dems voted no, in order to force all or almost all the GOP to vote yes (in the Senate). It passed with just 51 votes.

The Dems grandstanded, although with no threat of non-passage sfaik, but with the accomplished goal to make the GOP eat it and receive political blame.

Gayle in MD
07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The debt ceiling was raised AT LEAST 7 times under Bush. Can't remember the Dems threatening to default the US unless they didn't get their demands met.

Q </div></div>

Can't remember a time when a political Party consistantly voted against their own policies, for the sole purpose blocking progress, at such a critical time, in order to destroy a President, either!

They brought this mess about, then they chose to filibuster all efforts to turn things around.

I think Reagan raised the debt limit even more times than Bush.

If ever a political party has proven their completely inept ability to deal with their responsibilities, Republicans have surely broken the record for preferring to hurt the whole country, if it will win back power for their party.

Irresponsible, inept, greedy and corrupt PIGS!

eg8r
07-15-2011, 01:18 PM
It is nice to see your honesty in the posts. We would never see a post with this much honesty from someone on the left (maybe not from the right either but I tend to believe I would if I had remembered something like this).

eg8r

eg8r
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
[qutoe]Can't remember a time when a political Party consistantly voted against their own policies,[/quote]Ignoring this party voting against their own policies bullcrap, could you please tell us how many Reps currently in Congress were there during Reagan's time?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-15-2011, 01:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The debt ceiling was raised AT LEAST 7 times under Bush. Can't remember the Dems threatening to default the US unless they didn't get their demands met.

Q </div></div>

That's true enough. However, that is not to say the Dems didn't play some politics.

On at least one of the votes in the W administration, all or virtually all Dems voted no, in order to force all or almost all the GOP to vote yes (in the Senate). It passed with just 51 votes.

The Dems grandstanded, although with no threat of non-passage sfaik, but with the accomplished goal to make the GOP eat it and receive political blame.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dems grandstanded, although with no threat of non-passage sfaik, but with the accomplished goal to make the GOP eat it and receive political blame. </div></div>

Which, IIRC, given the Repigs unprecedented spending and borrowing, lying and manipulating, they well deserved!!!!

G.

Soflasnapper
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice to see your honesty in the posts. We would never see a post with this much honesty from someone on the left (maybe not from the right either but I tend to believe I would if I had remembered something like this).

eg8r </div></div>

Thanks for the compliment, although as should be clear, I'm more on the left than not (so now provide the example you say you would never see). However, I do deny I'm at the crazy left, or blindly left, parts of the left. And opinions seem to vary on that last claim.

Also, in full disclosure and candor, I now thank LWW for bringing this to my attention back a week or so. I wasn't previously aware of this, or had forgotten it, if I once was.

I always welcome facts, and try to be factual myself, and eat my peas when I find I was wrong.

nAz
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I always welcome facts, and try to be factual myself, and eat my peas when I find I was wrong. </div></div>

LOL I been lurking around here for the past two weeks... you sir seem to be the only one that can actually acknowledged when your wrong.
Really i wish the rest of the board would be a bit more like that.

LWW
07-16-2011, 04:15 AM
LIKE THIS? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzL8secQBkA)

LWW
07-16-2011, 04:16 AM
That was funny.

Qtec
07-16-2011, 05:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reality check for qtip...you are an idiot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If qtip walks by an old board on the ground and steps on a rusty nail will he do it the next time he crosses that board. HECK YEAH because he did it the last time so he needs to continue doing it every single time it comes up.

eg8r </div></div>

Good analogy but you got it all wrong.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The rusty nail is a US default.</span>
For the last 10 yrs, the Republicans have <u>avoided stepping on that rusty nail, now you want them to jump on it</u> because there is a Democrat in the WH.

Q

LWW
07-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Who are these republicans on the board?

eg8r
07-18-2011, 11:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the compliment, although as should be clear, I'm more on the left than not </div></div>My compliment to you was given with the understanding that you are from the left and we would not see that type of honesty here from our usual "lefties". Likewise I stated that we don't normally see it from our resident "righties" but that I would hope I would be as equally honest should the time come.

Soflasnapper
07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I always welcome facts, and try to be factual myself, and eat my peas when I find I was wrong. </div></div>

LOL I been lurking around here for the past two weeks... you sir seem to be the only one that can actually acknowledged when your wrong.
Really i wish the rest of the board would be a bit more like that. </div></div>

Some might reply that they'll admit it, IF ONLY THEY WERE EVER WRONG. And never have been, also, as well, too. (tm- SP).

And it must be admitted, some have more error to admit to than others. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the compliment, although as should be clear, I'm more on the left than not </div></div>My compliment to you was given with the understanding that you are from the left and we would not see that type of honesty here from our usual "lefties". Likewise I stated that we don't normally see it from our resident "righties" but that I would hope I would be as equally honest should the time come. </div></div>

An exception to the rule, then? That makes more sense than thinking me not on the left, as that is an obvious fact I know few would miss.

LWW
07-18-2011, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who are these republicans on the board? </div></div>

No answer?