PDA

View Full Version : A must see..."not the American way"

Qtec
07-16-2011, 12:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blue Dog Rep. Jim Cooper Chides Republicans For Rudeness And Partisan Attacks On Elizabeth Warren
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think all of us realize that this Congress is viewed as dysfunctional. And I would submit this Committee is also viewed as dysfunctional, and this alleged hearing is one of the reasons why. It too easily degenerates into a partisan food fight, and it doesn't have to be this way. In fact, just a few years ago in Congress, it was not this way.

So I would urge the junior members of the committee to resist the partisan talking points that enable people on both sides of the aisle to walk in here, read a question, make a partisan hit, look like we're smart and then leave. That's not good governance regardless of which party's in charge.

I didn't vote for Dodd-Frank. It had many good features; it had some less good features.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> But I do not want to be part of a committee, at least at the subcommittee level, that treated Miss Warren with more rudeness and disrespect than I have ever seen a committee witness treated. That is not the American way.</span>

Now, some of us come here and we get so used to the food fight that we want it to continue. And you'll probably score brownie points if you make your partisan hit. You might even get on a better committee. Well, congratulations. You will not have solved a problem.

I would suggest to the Chairman and the ranking member that often times a seminar format is much more instructive, is much more educational than the sort of partisan charade we seem to continue to engage in with hearings like this. I would urge members to read Ms Warren's, one of her books. I've only read the Two Income Trap, it's outstanding. Your constituents back home should read this book. Your bankers back home should read this book. <u>Then there'd be a lot less hatred, a lot less discord, a lot less anger because this lady's trying to do the right thing.</u>

And we all recognize that consumers often times get the short end of the stick. I've tried to refinance my home mortgage several times to take advantage of today's record low interest rates and the paperwork is a blizzard. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I went to a very good law school and it's almost impossible for lawyers to understand this stuff.</span> </div></div>

watch it (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/blue-dog-rep-jim-cooper-chides-republ)

Q

Soflasnapper
07-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Bullies informed by a drunken bar room level of 'argument.'

Qtec
07-17-2011, 02:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullies informed by a drunken bar room level of 'argument.' </div></div>

The reason they hate her is because she obviously has ethics.........that and the fact that she is 10 times smarter than all of the bullies put together.

They are scared to death of someone <u>actually going after the banks</u> for their fraud and overcharging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Florida Foreclosure Fraud Investigators Allege Attorney General Fired Them For Aggressively Pursuing Banks</span>

By Zaid Jilani on Jul 14, 2011 at 10:40 am

Did Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi dismiss foreclosure investigators for being too tough on banks?

As the nation’s foreclosure crisis continues to take its toll on homeowners across America, one bright spot is the aggressive investigations that state and local officials are pursuing of mortgage lenders, hoping to uncover dirty practices and hold financial institutions accountable.

But one foreclosure investigator is alleging that she and a colleague were let go for pursuing banks too aggressively. Former Assistant Attorney General Theresa Edwards told the Palm Beach Post that she and colleague June Clarkson were pursuing the state’s “foreclosure mills” when Attorney General Pam Bondi let them go for no apparent reason. Edwards thinks it’s because Bondi and Gov. Rick Scott (R) wanted staff more in line “with their thinking“ </div></div>

What a surprise!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Former Assistant Attorney General Theresa Edwards and colleague June Clarkson had been investigating the state’s so-called “foreclosure mills,” uncovering evidence of legal malpractice that also implicated banks and loan serv*icers. Despite positive performance evaluations, Edwards said the two were told during a meeting with their supervisor in late May to give up their jobs voluntarily or be let go. Edwards said no reason was given for the move.

“It all happened very abruptly,” said Edwards, who had worked in the attorney general’s office for about three years. The foreclosure investigations were launched under former Attorney General Bill McCollum, but Edwards said she sensed changes were coming under Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi. “I think they wanted to put people in there that were more in line with their thinking,” Edwards said. </div></div>

Q..

Gayle in MD
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason they hate her is because she obviously has ethics.........that and the fact that she is 10 times smarter than all of the bullies put together.

They are scared to death of someone actually going after the banks for their fraud and overcharging.

</div></div>

Exactly right, Q. I am hoping she will run in Massachuettes and win back Ted Kennedy's seat, as there is talk of that.

I saw the disusting way she was treated by the Repiglicans. Unbelievable, but not a surprise, as Repiglicans are always on the side of the thieves and crooks! ALWAYS!

G.