PDA

View Full Version : One Pocket

03-02-2002, 02:33 AM
I've never really played 1 pocket with anybody that knew how to play. I know how to play (somewhat), I was wandering if you all could let me in on the proper ways of breaking for a game of one pocket. Any other advice is appreciated.

SShawn

03-02-2002, 02:38 AM
The most popular break is to break approximately 3"-4" from the side rail, opposite the pocket you are shooting at. You want to hit the cue ball with high, inside english, at a table lag speed. You want to aim to barely hit the head ball, and have whitey come off the short rail and rest close to the second diamond on the long rail opposite of your pocket.

03-02-2002, 02:42 AM
Ok thank you. I know I have seen guys breaking hitting the 2nd and/or 3rd balls, but your suggesting hitting the head ball. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

03-02-2002, 02:51 AM
Realize when I say barely hit the head ball, you will hit the second ball as well.
Another fun break to drive opponents nuts is to kick at rack.
To do this, if your hole is the right pocket, you will aim at the third diamond on the left long rail (the diamond just past the side pocket) with high left english. What you want to happen is to hit the rack with just enough speed that the middle ball in the back row hits the short rail and comes approx 3/4 back to the rack. You want whitey to be stuck right on the side of the stack of balls. This is a tough break shot to get out of because most of the time your opponent can't help but move stuff towards your side of the table to execute a good hit.