PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ball Girl Strikes Again - reminds me of Carol

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 12:28 PM
So for lunch today I went down to the San Gennaro feast in Little Italy. Of course they had 2 bar tables set up. $5 for REALLY BIG prizes and $2 for normal size prizes. They rack the 3 balls and you've got to break and run (you have to call your shots too). There was a female in the crowd that commented "she's gonna shoot in that dress?". I said "nothing to it". Needless to say, I won this cute stuffed doggie that I'm sure my niece will love. Then my coworker gave me $2 for me to try to win something for her nephew and I did it again! The guy that was running it told me that he's going to have to charge me $5 from now on 'cause once you win 2x you have to play for the real BIG prizes and that he's not going to forget my face. I just shrugged, smiled, whipped my hair, and walked away. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2002, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So for lunch today I went down to the San Gennaro feast in Little Italy. Of course they had 2 bar tables set up. $5 for REALLY BIG prizes and $2 for normal size prizes. They rack the 3 balls and you've got to break and run (you have to call your shots too). There was a female in the crowd that commented "she's gonna shoot in that dress?". I said "nothing to it". Needless to say, I won this cute stuffed doggie that I'm sure my niece will love. Then my coworker gave me $2 for me to try to win something for her nephew and I did it again! The guy that was running it told me that he's going to have to charge me $5 from now on 'cause once you win 2x you have to play for the real BIG prizes and that he's not going to forget my face. I just shrugged, smiled, whipped my hair, and walked away. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

You're now marked as a ringer /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Nothing like finding an unexpected pool table on lunch break. Those 6 balls and the look on the carney's face should get you thru the afternoon. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

09-17-2002, 12:45 PM
geez 3 balls.... here its 4 balls..... secret is to sof tbreak so everything stays at the bottom.... good job wendy

Rod
09-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Wendy,
The hustlers don't like being hustled on their bent warped crooked tables. Good for you. I'd never do it but always thought it would be fun if one took their $1000 + cue. Slowly take it out, screw it together, chalk it with your chalk out of the case and say, you got action or to that effect. It would be great to see their expression. He would never forget you then. LOL

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 12:57 PM
Not only that, because the tables are setup up on the sidewalk and they extend pass the curb, they have cinderblocks to "level" the tables. What a riot?! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Thanks DT. I soft broke them but these balls were so dirty and the cueball was almost blue instead of white from all the chalk, that the head ball almost stuck to the cue ball. A jacked up shot and a seat on the table next to the one I was on took care of that!

4 balls huh?

nAz
09-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Not the short sheer dress again! haha take that to Virginia and get in the Show for free

09-17-2002, 02:36 PM
ya they rack in a diamond shape

SPetty
09-17-2002, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> 4 balls huh? <hr></blockquote>Congratulations!

It's always four balls here at the State Fair of Texas. I have spent a couple of hours in the past week just breaking the four ball rack, trying to get a shot on the one after the break, while having the others not line up against the rail on the opposite side of where I hit. For me to do that, I had to hit it harder than I thought I should. A nice straight on hit leaves a bad shot on the one for me.

Rules: Rack four balls in order (1 in front, 4 in back - I'm putting the 2 on the left and the 3 on the right from the racker's perspective). Run the balls in order, calling the pocket. No combos are allowed. (If they didn't have that rule, I could probably manage a little better...)

If anyone can figure out what the break should be for this four ball game, please let me know. The fair starts in a week and a half! The best break I've come up with so far is to put the cue ball about two inches to the right of the center, and aim a little to the left of the one ball with a little right english, and hit it a little harder than you think you should need to.

09-17-2002, 04:56 PM
rolmao

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Ha! I forgot to mention that aside from the cinderblocks, the table had several potholes and speedbumps.