PDA

View Full Version : Richie Rich, James Walden, Scott Frost, Eric.....

09-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Last week I went to Mobile Alabama to Breakers Billiards. Tournament had 102 players in it. Added was $10,000 in prize money. First with calcutta was $13,000. I saw more action at one time than I had ever seen. Gabe Owens, Richie Rich, James Walden, Danny Cook, Jeremy Jones, Tuscaloosa Squirell, Lil John, Marcus Chamat, Scott Frost, John Schmidt, Buddy Hall, Wade Crane, Eric Durbin just to name a few of the players there. Action 24 hours for days. Schmidt ended up winning the tourny, but the second Sunday of every month the same tourny will be held. See you there.

Vagabond
09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Howdy Anonymous,
Please pardon my ignorance.Thought squirrel was dead, let alone still playing pool.By the way, Mobile is the largest redneck city in the entire USA and I love that city. Cheers

Scott Lee
09-18-2002, 12:42 AM
Vagabond...The Tuscaloosa Squirrel, aka Marshall Carpenter, is indeed alive and well, living in Tuscaloosa. He stills plays at the same small room he always did. I saw him a couple of years ago, the last time I did a show at UAT. Just goes to show ya...you NEVER lose it, really.

Scott

09-18-2002, 06:56 AM
i talked to eric in nashville sunday. he said that he beat scott gambling at one pocket. all i want to know is...what kind of weight was he getting.

can eric beat scott heads-up?

09-18-2002, 09:11 AM
The reason the action is so good there, Ketch, is that just across the bay from Mobile is a town called Fairhope. The latter town actually boasts an intersection of George Street and Fels Avenue (I'm not making this up). Locals insist that visitors to the intersection treat it as a kind of shrine, and experience a remarkable upward shift in their pool games immediately afterward (that part I AM making up). GF

09-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi Scott, Stretch here. Hereing about this Sqirrel fellow realy got me thinking about just how many "Sgirrel guys there are in tiny out of the way places. You must have a blast running into all these types, the people that will kill you on the table that they've been playing on since.....forever! lol I know that a good road guy has to be ready for anything, but in your opinion, how decisive is playing on "home court" in a good money match, and is there a lot of negotiating about tables. Thanks St

Scott Lee
09-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Stretch...Good to hear from you again! I think home table advantage is huge! Lots of guys have one table "tricked up" so that road players will have a tough time adjusting. However, any really good player should be able to adjust to ANY playing conditions within one set! This would seemingly give the advantage (assuming skills were equal) to the home player for just a short period. Then it becomes a matter of who gets the rolls. I haven't seen so much negotiating on the table, as I have in terms of the game itself. INO, I haven't seen too much of something like, "if we play on THIS table, I get X, and if we play on THAT table, I get Y"! More, just about how to play each other. Seems like more games DON'T get made, because the players can't agree on how to play each other! LOL Glad to see you posting again!

Scott

Lester
09-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Okay George, I'm on my way to Fairhope, where I intend to stand under the street signs at exactly midnight with my cue in hand. If a large man approaches, takes my cue and chalks it, then gives it back without a word - I'm in. lol
***Lester ~ hell, I've tried everything else.