PDA

View Full Version : Live CoverageGreat Britian Hearing Hacking Scandal

Gayle in MD
07-19-2011, 07:26 AM
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/latest-updates-on-phone-hacking-scandal/?hp

Also on MSNBC.

cushioncrawler
07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I think a bit different to all youse guys.
A bit of hacking etc iz peanuts.
Like i allways sez, its the things that the prez of theusofa etc duz legally that iz the big crime. The illegal stuff iz peanuts.
mac.

Gayle in MD
07-20-2011, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a bit different to all youse guys.
A bit of hacking etc iz peanuts.
Like i allways sez, its the things that the prez of theusofa etc duz legally that iz the big crime. The illegal stuff iz peanuts.
mac. </div></div>

Mac,
Respectfully, having a wealthy fascist like Murdoch, buying up media power and throwing elections in nations around the world, can't be good for the world at large!

He admitted using his media power to push our country into an absurd and very damaging war in Iraq, and the Replgilcans have used the Fascist Murdoch, to promote fascism here in the United States for two decades now.

I think we can all see the vast damages to our country that REpiglican FASCIST policies have created here.

What could be worse?

G.

cushioncrawler
07-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Gayle -- Thats what i sayd.

Hacking and finding real and important truth karnt help evil very much, ie in relation to real news.The truth kan only hurt evil, ie in relation to real news.

And, like i sayd (and u sayd), its the legally dunn things that really hurt the future.

Sure, personal privacy iz important, but it iz a small evil, i am more worryd about the bigger evils.
mac.

Gayle in MD
07-20-2011, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle -- Thats what i sayd.

Hacking and finding real and important truth karnt help evil very much, ie in relation to real news.The truth kan only hurt evil, ie in relation to real news.

And, like i sayd (and u sayd), its the legally dunn things that really hurt the future.

Sure, personal privacy iz important, but it iz a small evil, i am more worryd about the bigger evils.
mac. </div></div>

Gotcha Mac..
There's no doubt there is a case for loads of bigger evils, I suppose, but to me, these hacking scandals by the far too powerful Murdochs, are pretty big evils, as well, and also, potentially, lead to even more, seriously damaging, threats, to many countries, and especially ours.

There is no doubt in my mind that Fox News has damaged this country as much as George Bush and Dick Cheney damaged it, the worst part is Fox is still doing damage on a daily basis, and would we have had to suffer through all of the evils of the Bush Administration, and the Repiglican big spenders, without Fox around pushing for them, and lying about the Democrats?

Spying on people, Buying politicians, blackmailing others and spreading lies and propaganda, all seem equally damaging to democracy, which is what the Murdochs do.

I'll give you this, what the crooks on Wall Street have done to us is right up there with the damages from Bush and Cheney, only the Wall Street crooks were thieves, and Bush annd Cheney, were murderers, but with no Fox News, would we be crippled right now by a bunch of no good politicians like the Repiglican Party and the idiot Tea Partiers?

Lies, greed, corruption and hypocrisy, not as damaging as nuclear bombs, but just as threatening, in other ways, IMHO.

G.

cushioncrawler
07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Where the usofa leads dawoild iz in freedom of speech.
So praps things might end up ok.
Hmmmmmmm -- nah -- the dollar kums first. Free speech kums 2nd.
mac.

Gayle in MD
07-20-2011, 10:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the usofa leads dawoild iz in freedom of speech.
So praps things might end up ok.
Hmmmmmmm -- nah -- the dollar kums first. Free speech kums 2nd.
mac. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Mac,
I'd say the real problem is too much money in too few hands, and not enough government oversight in the financial markets, the banking industry, and the health, energy, insurance industries.

And, the corporations which outsource our jobs, and pollute our environment, making more people ill, should pay a price for doing so.

Even Walmart, thinks we should have a higher minimum wage. Tthey have enough sense to understand, that they would make more money if their own employees, could afford to buy their wares.

Our problems have come from Repiglicans, who have definitely engaged in redistribution of all the wealth, to the top, A sure path to fascism, and yes, that is social engineering.

No society can flourish without a healthy, upwardly mobile, Middle Class.

cushioncrawler
07-20-2011, 11:13 PM
And, the main underlying problem iz krappynomix.
Koz, with krappynomix, even if u managed to get a tick in every other box, things will nonetheless turn to shit.
Krappynomix + Time = Shit. Its inevitable.
mac.