PDA

View Full Version : A look at The Left's position on Obama

Soflasnapper
07-20-2011, 01:11 PM
We are often told that 'The Left' (tm) is wholly enthralled with their demigod/godking Obama.

Here is some talk from some actual lefties on that topic.

Not so enthralled after all?

From the far left DemocraticUnderground (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1523937)

LWW
07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Seriously ... what percentage of DU.COM voters do you think will vote for the republichicken candidate?

Gayle in MD
07-20-2011, 10:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are often told that 'The Left' (tm) is wholly enthralled with their demigod/godking Obama.

<span style="color: #990000">Yes, that is a myth, but then, we have to consider the source of such idiocy. </span>

Here is some talk from some actual lefties on that topic.

Not so enthralled after all?

From the far left DemocraticUnderground (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1523937) </div></div>

Not enthralled at all is right, but smart enough to understand how much more damaging Repiglicans are to our country, and hence likely to prefer voting Democratic, to voting for the very same Repiglican idiots and crooks who brought the country to the edge of disaster, and continue to do so.

I think most Liberals understand that the President is limited by unprecedented obstructionism by the Repiglican Party, and his goals for the country have also been negatively impacted by the dumbing down of America, thanks to the ownership of media by the right.

The public option, for example, was crippled by the lies and fear mongering by Repiglicans, and the uneducated, misguided viewers of RW media, too stupid to see through the lies.

More should have been done to go after the crooks on Wall Street, but were we too far down the ditch, just after the collapse, to risk a big upheaval that could have made a Depression more likely?

Repiglicans blocked the changes we needed to make for more rigid overrsight of the financial markets, and stronger regulations to prevent further theft via their exotic, complicated instruments, just as Repiglicans blocked a heartier stimulus program, early on, which could have ceated more jobs, sooner.

I think the left was so high off being rid of disasterous Repiglican policies, they didn't consider how fragile our condition was, and their disappointment in not getting a more robust attack on the illegal actions of the Bush Administration, when the Democratics won back the majority, was already a huge disappointment. Many of us wanted, and expected impeachment of both Bush and Cheney, and I, for one, was very disappointed by the announcement that impeachment was off the table.

Then, after this president took over, our fragile economic conditions, along with Repiglican obstructionism, slander and fear mongering, limited President Obama's ability to bring about the changes he promised, he was dealing with preventing a Depression, which kept our already disillusioned liberal young voters, from the voting booth, in the last election, since the young always expect things to happen, faster than is usually possible. Youth is impatient.

I, for one, am all for investing in renewable fuels. Working to eliminate Nuclear Weapons. Protecting our environment through regulatory legialatiton. Investing in education. Investing in re-building our infrastructure, and in fact, A far more robust regulatory oversight of corporate pollution, greed and corruption on Wall St, and criminal media activities.

We from the left, have been hurt by the Blue Dogs of the last Congress, no doubt, and could have accomplished much more without having to deal with them, much like Republicans are currently paying the price for the Tea Party types, in their own caucus, and, IMHO, that, our damage from the Blue Dogs, is a result of religious zealots, who put social issues above the true mission of our goverment, and also a result of our ridiculous set up, which weakens the power of the popular vote.

It is wrong to have a system where a state with far fewer people,... or possible voters,.... has the same electoral power of a state with millions upon millions more people, or possible voters.

Corruption in the re-districting process, as well, has damaged our Democratic voting process, IMO.

G.

Soflasnapper
07-21-2011, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously ... what percentage of DU.COM voters do you think will vote for the republichicken candidate? </div></div>

Approximately zero, although they may go to various other parties.

What was said there several times is that they'd work for, and contribute, maybe raise money for, Democrats in general, but refuse to do so for Obama in particular.

Considering him a Republican president, as I've often mentioned myself.

LWW
07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously ... what percentage of DU.COM voters do you think will vote for the republichicken candidate? </div></div>

Approximately zero, although they may go to various other parties.

What was said there several times is that they'd work for, and contribute, maybe raise money for, Democrats in general, but refuse to do so for Obama in particular.

Considering him a Republican president, as I've often mentioned myself. </div></div>

They will vote for Obama because they are hyperpartisan nits that will vote for who the D party tells them to vote for.

As I have said many times, so long as the productive class votes for the R candidate simply because they have (R) following their name on the ballot ... the R's have no real reason to to care about what they want. The Tea Party has to some degree fixed that.

By the same token, so long as the left votes for the D candidate solely because (D) follows their name on the ballot ... the D's have no real reason to care about what they want. The left has yet to figure out that they have been pimped by the D's for generations.