PDA

View Full Version : THE TYRANT IS IN RETREAT!

LWW
07-21-2011, 05:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Barack Obama called Democratic and Republican leaders back to the White House on Wednesday for bottom-line negotiations on how to prevent a disastrous government default - and cut staggering federal deficits as well.
The White House said for the first time that Mr Obama would accept a short-term extension of the debt limit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz1Sjm91QwV (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017070/Obama-U-turn-accepts-extension-debt-limit-days-broader-deal-place.html#ixzz1Sjm91QwV) </div></div>

The house has the forces of statism outflanked on the right ... if the senate can now close the circle we will have the regime encircled with no option but surrender.

The only question is whether McConnell/McCain and company have the courage needed to win ... or if they will yet again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sev
07-21-2011, 05:19 AM
I saw Cantor running in with rods of steal and duck tape.

LWW
07-21-2011, 05:35 AM
The regime had best be worried about torches and pitchforks.

Soflasnapper
07-21-2011, 06:14 AM
You don't understand that this is the old good cop/bad cop routine?

LWW
07-21-2011, 06:39 AM
I understand it could turn into that ... I also understand that dear leader's only hope is for Boehner to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Soflasnapper
07-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I'd say Obama has a couple of ways to win.

First, Boehner takes the deal, which you characterize above as snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Obama takes heat from the Dems, but he says a) we had to avoid default, and b) those other guys are a-holes, just look at 'em! The independents and others who want to see Democrats smacked around and defeated are happy, and O is re-elected.

The second win might be, not sure it would work out this way, but... no deal is made, O hopes and it might be that the GOP is vilified by the indies, and O wins re-election.

And win-win for what may be O's real agenda, he then uses the chaos and financial crisis to THEN get the entitlement cuts the elites he work for definitely see as necessary.

LWW
07-23-2011, 02:53 AM
His problem is that here on Earth the majority favor the house plan while Obama and the democrooks haven't even presented a plan.

llotter
07-23-2011, 03:54 AM
The history of tyrants shows a clear antipathy toward a general prosperity and a clear affinity toward stealing the riches of the nation for their own purposes. The path toward tyranny is clearly the path that The Moron is taking.