PDA

View Full Version : Street People!

Sid_Vicious
07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
We had a bunch of 20-somethin' year old people come to the PH last night, 5 guys and one girl, and I am here to say, they broke every rule I thought there was for ettiquite. First, the cocktail drinks were being put on the rail, then beer glasses with beer onto the table itself, smoking over the tablel sitting on the rails and eventually wrestling on it as well. One of the veteran waitresses eventually made several trips over on the drinks issue alone(I squealed on them, shoot me.) Then they began wielding the chairs as if in a gauntlet against one another, but having laughs and fun, just highly out of line IMO. I told my shooting buddy, "Well they broke every rule there is so there's none left to break." Apparently they were intercepted at the door attempting to skate on their bar tab,,,AND they were doing a lot of group-shots during their fun time, so the tab had to be big. So it's all over now right?, not! Well, closing time came and their rack of balls were still dotted in the pockets(a new waitress screwed up there by giving thier ID back before folding up the table), and low and behold there was a ball missing. I remembered one of the guys being loud to one of the others in the group shooting about having one of the stripes in his pocket. Apparently the icing on the cake was that they ran out with the 13.

What a bunch of total idiots! I'm just glad they had no clue that I was reporting the drinks on the table and other crap to the head waitress. As careless as these people were, I'd have worried everytime I left my cue and gear. Mind you, they weren't unruly in attitude. They just seemed to be total knotheads, or high as a kite on something.

What a bunch of total idiots! If I was management there, I'd charge that CC for a 13 ball, and let the owner of the card come to complain if he wished. That's why they take IDs anyway. sid

Tom_In_Cincy
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Signs by the tables or at the counter when they check in could have prevented most of this unfortunate issue.

Strangers in a Strange land... what were they suppose to do if they didn't know what to do? They ended up doing what they wanted to.

IMO, signs (listing dos and dont's) or at least a waitstaff person that can give a brief list of rules.

jjinfla
07-22-2011, 07:43 PM
They must have seen the Mizerak commercial (just foolin around) where he puts the glass of beer on the table and thought it was okay.

Fran Crimi
07-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I wonder what kind of people their parents are.

jjinfla
07-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey Fran, don't be too hard on the parents since they are probably from your generation.

Sid_Vicious
07-23-2011, 02:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom_In_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Signs by the tables or at the counter when they check in could have prevented most of this unfortunate issue.

Strangers in a Strange land... what were they suppose to do if they didn't know what to do? They ended up doing what they wanted to.

IMO, signs (listing dos and dont's) or at least a waitstaff person that can give a brief list of rules. </div></div>

The waitress had to make multiple trips on the simple issue of placing drinks on the table. These people just had no concern for authority. So you are saying that if a stranger goes into any place of business and sees no physical signs saying not to wrestle on the tables, not to have chair fights, not to try skipping out on the check, not to steal 13-balls from the set...that what happens is that it is expected if general ettiquite is so abused as these were. Trust me, these people acted like useless, spoiled rich kids, even after warnings. The place was very busy with customers, and non of the other people there were even close to as roudy as these joker.

You can't place a sign for everything. Simple common sense dictates, ot at least it should. sid

long
07-23-2011, 03:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom_In_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Signs by the tables or at the counter when they check in could have prevented most of this unfortunate issue.
</div></div>

When it comes to customers, the more signage you have the less people chose to pay attention. You can't fix stupid, some people will always think that they can do whatever whenever they want.

jjinfla
07-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Six people came in and were drinking, spending money on shooters, and were having fun sounds like something the owner of the place liked. Shame on the waitress for giving the credit card back before she rang up the bill and got the balls back.

At least they didn't get up on the table on all fours to take a shot like the pros did in the IPT tournament.

Fran Crimi
07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
You're right. Common sense should dictate, but it often doesn't. This is why I would never own an establishment open to the public. There are too many people who don't care about anything but getting what they can for themselves.

Unfortunately, I think it's a planet-wide problem. What have we become as a human race? Maybe we're due for a cataclysmic event, like a polar shift that wipes us out so we can start over again.

jjinfla
07-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Didn't you hear? The world is ending Dec 21, 2012.

A pool hall should have a couple of dedicated pool tables with wide, sloppy pockets and indestucto cloth for people such as you mention. They would never notice and have a lot of fun and the owner can smile as they feed the juke box and drink, drink, drink. Just so they don't twirl that pool stick.

Rich R.
07-24-2011, 04:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't place a sign for everything. Simple common sense dictates, ot at least it should. sid </div></div>
How about posting just one sign. Simple and to the point -
"Useless, stupid people are not welcome."

Unfortunately, the useless, stupid people usually can't figure out who they are.

Scott Lee
07-24-2011, 09:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjinfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
At least they didn't get up on the table on all fours to take a shot like the pros did in the IPT tournament. </div></div>

Hey now Jake...that was NOT specifically against the rules...a mistake by KT, but still not against the rules of that event. Back in the day, that was not only 'de rigeur', but expected.

Scott Lee