PDA

View Full Version : Another serious question for the left?

LWW
07-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Since none of you can point me to the Obama plan for the debt limit ... which is entirely understandable being that he doesn't have one ... can one of you point me towards the democratic party's plan for the debt limit?

llotter
07-22-2011, 10:41 AM
The 'plan' is fairly obvious: The Democrats hand out goodies and blame the Republicans for doing anything about it. This M.O. has been spectacularly successful in getting half of the citizens depending on those goodies and securing the Democrats hold on power. There is no room for the green-eye-shade types in a truly rich and compassionate society.

Ah, I have fond memories of all those appeals to our rich society (the richest in history) to justify more goodies. Even the other day, The Moron stated that he is anxious to get these minor problems behind us so he can talk about more programs/goodies. Money just happens to all those elite folks to solve the problems of the little people.

Soflasnapper
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since none of you can point me to the Obama plan for the debt limit ... which is entirely understandable being that he doesn't have one ... can one of you point me towards the democratic party's plan for the debt limit? </div></div>

Raise it. With a clean bill, as has usually been the case the last 80 or so times it's been raised. Abolish that law altogether, as Moody's said should be done.

Because the issue isn't the debt limit, it's the debt. Who controls the spending and tax collection, which nets out to what's happening with the debt? That would be Congress.

Back in the days of Pericles, a law was passed that anyone suggesting that the treasury be touched in any fashion would be put to death. Somehow somebody got around that, took the money for the Peloponnesian War (wars, as it turned out), blew the treasury holdings on unnecessary wars, and ended the hegemonic position of Athens, reducing her to subject nation status, broke and under the thumb of Sparta.

LWW
07-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Why can't you simply face the reality that your beloved party has no plan?

Soflasnapper
07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Their plan, prior to this artificial crisis, was the same plan it has always been, which has always worked, btw.

What has NEVER worked is this stupid law. Why, if it's always raised, is there any stupid limit like that in law anyway? It's window-dressing, to fool the rubes.

LWW
07-23-2011, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why, if it's always raised, is there any stupid limit like that in law anyway? It's window-dressing, to fool the rubes. </div></div>

Sorry ... the rubes are the ones who believe you can print money to infinity without paying a horrific price.

The reason to have a limit is the same reason to have speed bumps ... it forces morons to at least slow down now and then.