PDA

View Full Version : Why there is no budget from the Democrats

llotter
07-25-2011, 06:00 AM
The truth is that the long line of lies and demagoguery have painted them selves into a corner...the numbers just don't add up...their fake world just doesn't connect with reality. The last lame attempt got an unprecedented zero votes in the Senate.

LWW
07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Dear leader's latest TV tantrum, paraphrased:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barack Barry Hussein Obama Dunham Soetero Junior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what they have to say
It makes no difference anyway
Whatever it is, I'm against it!
No matter what it is
Or who commenced it
I'm against it!

Your proposition may be good
But let's have one thing understood
Whatever it is, I'm against it!
And even when you've changed it
Or condensed it
I'm against it!</div></div>

Sev
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Over 2 years without a budget. 3's the charm.

Soflasnapper
07-26-2011, 12:16 AM
The Democrats don't create the budget. That's the House majority's responsibility as of this moment. Simple, although ignorant, question. Simple answer.

Qtec
07-26-2011, 01:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Democrats don't create the budget. That's the House majority's responsibility as of this moment. Simple, although ignorant, question. Simple answer. </div></div>

LOL

No jobs bill either.

Q

LWW
07-26-2011, 03:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Democrats don't create the budget. That's the House majority's responsibility as of this moment. Simple, although ignorant, question. Simple answer. </div></div>

Fair enough ... then where was it last year?

Back to reality ... and bloc the house can propose a budget, can they not, including the minority. Where is the democrook alternative?

LWW
07-26-2011, 03:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Democrats don't create the budget. That's the House majority's responsibility as of this moment. Simple, although ignorant, question. Simple answer. </div></div>

LOL

No jobs bill either.

Q </div></div>

Fair enough ... so where was the democrook jobs bill from 1/07 to 1/11?

After all ... they ran in 2006 to save the nation from the horrors of 5% UE. How'd that work out?

Soflasnapper
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Last year they didn't get it done, and I'm not sure they even put any of the 12-13 appropriations bills forward. Perhaps they did, but I don't remember markup hearings, committee votes, and House votes, on any particular appropriations bill. Maybe the defense authorization bill, since I recall the GOP filibustered it in the Senate, and it could only get over to the Senate after having passed the House. Since the House did put over the defense appropriations bill, there may have been others.

If the regular individual budget bills don't get passed individually, usually they put them all together into an omnibus giant bill, and try to pass that. They didn't get that done, or proposed to my knowledge, either.

If they do neither of the above, the Congress uses the Continuing Resolution method to authorize expenditures, and that is, constructively, the budget under which the federal government has been operating. It's the very last resort, showing the results of an incompetent process as to getting the budget passed, but it is not lacking precedent, and is a wholly legal way to do the budgetary process (however badly and irregularly).

As to where is the Democratic 'alternative,' of course, there is nothing it could be an 'alternative' to, so it's a trick question. Moreover, as the Speaker has the complete control of the House floor agenda (one of the key powers of the Speaker's office), and the majority's committee chairs have complete control of the agenda of their committees, there is no way for the Democrats to get any proposals heard in committees, let alone, brought to the floor for a vote. That's entirely the GOP's prerogative.

Even so, the Progressive Caucus has a budget proposal I guess you haven't heard of, which balances the budget quicker than any GOP plan. I refer you to that.

Sev
07-26-2011, 10:56 AM
They couldnt get it done because they spent all their time arguing Obamacare.

Gayle in MD
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Why should Dems have bothered presenting anything to the filibuster twits?

They have only had one response since Bush left, NO!

One thing we can see, though, in a divided Congress, Democratics, under the leadership of one of the most successful SOTH iin history, accomplished more than any other Congress, inspite of unprecedented obstructionism, from the ignorant Party of NO!

Boehner needs to get Nancy to show him how it's done, lol. He couldn't lead his party with a grenade in his hand, with the pin out!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Guns/rooftops.jpg

Soflasnapper
07-26-2011, 11:30 PM
It's little appreciated or mentioned, but you are correct that Ms. Pelosi's record of achievement in the House is historic, right up there with a Sam Rayburn, or any legendary Speaker you'd care to name.

And that's with the fractious Democratic caucus, which they say is like herding cats.

Gayle in MD
07-26-2011, 11:44 PM
She was fabulous! Boehner's no match for Nancy!

G.