PDA

View Full Version : Providence RI Tournament

jjinfla
07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Anyone going to the Tournament in Prov, RI Aug 6th?

It should be a good place to find out first hand from the pros if they will be playing in the US open.

Hopefully all will be settled by then but unfortunately the ultimatum deadline set by the APB is Sep 15th. What if nothing is settled by then?

Scott Lee
07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjinfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the ultimatum deadline set by the APB is Sep 15th. What if nothing is settled by then? </div></div>

Jake...The US Open will go on, just like it has for the past 35 years. My money is on a bunch of them showing up, whether things are "settled" or not.

Scott Lee

jjinfla
07-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I agree with you Scott but I think it would be interesting to see their reaction when people start asking them what their plans are. Especially when they are playing at a tournament (in RI) where they are not making any demands at all.

jjinfla
08-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Anyone here go to RI to watch the games? If so, how many spectators were there?

jjinfla
08-12-2011, 06:30 AM
I see that the owner brought in bleachers for the spectators and they looked filled to me. The announcer estimated the crowd to be around 100 and expects a lot more later on. So that is good.