PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be a rout ...

LWW
07-28-2011, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tuesday, July 26, 2011 Email to a Friend
Advertisement

A generic Republican candidate leads President Obama by six points again this week in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows the generic Republican with 48% of the vote, tying the highest level of support earned by either candidate to date. The president picks up 42% support. Three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

A week ago, the Republican led 47% to 41%, with the president’s support at the lowest level found thus far. The GOP candidate has now outpolled the president in nine of 12 surveys conducted weekly since early May. The Republican has earned 43% to 48% of the vote, while support for the president has ranged from 41% to 45%. Rasmussen Reports will provide new data on this generic matchup each week until the field of prospective Republican nominees narrows to a few serious contenders.

When the Republican candidate is named, however, the contest is closer. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney runs essentially even with the president now. In April, Obama held a five-point edge over Romney.
The president enjoys a modest 44% to 39% lead in a matchup with Texas Governor Rick Perry. If Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is the GOP nominee, Obama leads 46% to 39%. Congressman Ron Paul is also competitive with the president for now.

But the real story in the numbers is that the president continues to earn between 41% and 49% of the vote no matter which Republican is mentioned as a potential opponent. This suggests that the race remains a referendum on the incumbent more than anything else.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 3,500 Likely Voters was conducted on July 18-24, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 2 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

The Republican leads by 16 points among male voters, while the two candidates are virtually tied among female voters. Those under 40 favor the president, while most voters over 40 prefer the GOP candidate.

Both candidates score strongly among voters in their respective parties. The generic Republican leads by eight points – 44% to 36 % - among voters not affiliated with either major party, but 20% of those voters are either undecided or like a third-party candidate.

The Republican leads 53% to 37% among investors. Obama holds a 52% to 39% lead among union members. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/index.php/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/generic_presidential_ballot/election_2012_generic_presidential_ballot)

llotter
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
There is no doubt the The Moron will be a one termer, like Carter, but the biggest rout will be in Congress as the party of big government breathes it last gasps.

LWW
07-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Funny that they are so delusional that they don't realize the light they see at the end of the tunnel is a locomotive.

Soflasnapper
07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Please define what you'd consider 'a rout' and then maybe we could bet.

LWW
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Since the O-cult has described dear leaders margin of victory in total votes to be a landslide ... anything equal to or greater than a landslide would certainly be considered a rout.

Are you prepared to put money in escrow?

So far I have seen NBP, hippiefool, aitch, woofie, stupidstar, and snoopy ... among others ... want to wager, and then soil their britches when it came time to man up.

If not ... I'll consider a small wager so that I don't end up having to potentially humiliate you the way I did NBP.

By the way Paul, and I know you lurk here ... $20K ... what if I agreed to let you make payments? Is your credit score higher than 350? Be a man Paul and do the right thing ... and lay off the suggesting of death camps for non Obamatrons. The rest of the O-cult get testy when such things are said in the open.

Soflasnapper
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
I might be favorable to this idea.

The same margin in the popular vote, and in the electoral college (over 2-1 there, as I recall)?

Qtec
07-31-2011, 03:26 AM
So who is going to be the next President? Palin?

LOL

This is no opposition.

Q

LWW
07-31-2011, 03:42 AM
That's why we have a nomination process.

Qtec
07-31-2011, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why we have a nomination process. </div></div>

We know that. That wasn't the question.

Your idiotic reply makes no sense.

Q

Qtec
07-31-2011, 03:48 AM
So who is going to beat Obama?

Q...tries again!

LWW
07-31-2011, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why we have a nomination process. </div></div>

We know that. That wasn't the question.

Your idiotic reply makes no sense.

Q </div></div>

Then why did you ask an idiotic question?

LWW
07-31-2011, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So who is going to beat Obama?

Q...tries again! </div></div>

Whoever gets the nomination.

Sev
07-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Well if the the US credit is lowered to AA and mass layoffs start rolling out as and household spending contracts I would say that Ron Paul might actually have a chance.

LWW
07-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Obama is so radioactive right now that Jeb Bush would thump him.

Stretch
07-31-2011, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is so radioactive right now that Jeb Bush would thump him. </div></div>

More hot air from the Zeppelin of Zany. When you wake up from your revolutionary wet dream you will find that the deal will be done, the dept ceiling will be raised, triple A rateing will be maintained, and substantial cuts to the budget will be enacted.

Further more, and this is the part that will really hurt like a bitch. Obama will come out of it smelling like a rose and getting all the credit for standing up to the right wing extremists that almost tanked the US and most of the free worlds economy. Holding Government to a standstill while the clock ticks out makes for great drama but gains no support from an electorate that is tired of the games those gop children on the hill play with their lives. St.

LWW
07-31-2011, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the deal will be done, the dept ceiling will be raised, triple A rateing will be maintained, and substantial cuts to the budget will be enacted.
</div></div>

Actually ... I predicted exactly that long ago, and the cabal insisted I was wrong.

And, this is the part that will leave stretch even more butt sore than he already is, the only reason there will be any spending reductions at all is that the TP members stood down the regime.

LWW
07-31-2011, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama will come out of it smelling like a rose and getting all the credit for standing up to the right wing extremists that almost tanked the US and most of the free worlds economy. Holding Government to a standstill while the clock ticks out makes for great drama but gains no support from an electorate that is tired of the games those gop children on the hill play with their lives. St. </div></div>

And this will sail over your head like Halley's Comet over Death Valley ... I predicted that also.

Dear leader wanted increased taxes and no spending cuts.

The cabal insisted that their be increased taxes and no spending cuts ... to the point of insisting that no tax increases would be unpatriotic and any spending cuts would be extremist acts.

Dear leader will be forced to accept a plan with no tax increases but with spending cuts ... and Rachel Madcow and the Obamedia will hail it as a success of his brilliant leadership.

Our local cabal will slavishly agree, and insist that it was dear leader who demanded that there be no tax increases and demanded spending cuts.

Y'all are as predictable as a hound howling at the Moon.

Stretch
07-31-2011, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Stretch]the deal will be done, the dept ceiling will be raised, triple A rateing will be maintained, and substantial cuts to the budget will be enacted.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>Actually ... I predicted exactly that long ago, and the cabal insisted I was wrong. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Then you won't mind linking to this prediction then? St.

Gayle in MD
07-31-2011, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is so radioactive right now that Jeb Bush would thump him. </div></div>

More hot air from the Zeppelin of Zany. When you wake up from your revolutionary wet dream you will find that the deal will be done, the dept ceiling will be raised, triple A rateing will be maintained, and substantial cuts to the budget will be enacted.

Further more, and this is the part that will really hurt like a bitch. Obama will come out of it smelling like a rose and getting all the credit for standing up to the right wing extremists that almost tanked the US and most of the free worlds economy. Holding Government to a standstill while the clock ticks out makes for great drama but gains no support from an electorate that is tired of the games those gop children on the hill play with their lives. St.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>BRAVO!

I'm sick and Tired of Repiglicans who shoot off their foot, and then complain that their leg hurts!

This is Pee Party political Pi**ing Contest, is the most irrational behavior in our history, worst bunch of idiots to ever darken the steps of our Capital!

Repiglicans have proven their complete lack of ability to protect this country, and Americans, AND THE WORLD think they're crazy!

Bush's off the cliff job losses, and multi disasters, came totally from REPIGLICAN POLICIES!

Repigs blocked and filibustered investment in jobs, and blocked increasing revenues to deal with deficits, and now they're irrationally obstructing and reversing what progress we've made with their obvious political push to destroy the recovery.

They are acting just like the crooks on Wall St., too dumb to realize that they're blowing off their own heads.

They will pay for this!</span> </span>

LWW
07-31-2011, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>They are acting just like the crooks on Wall St., too dumb to realize that they're blowing off their own heads.

They will pay for this!</span> </span> </div></div>

Why are you making threats against those who don't bow before dear leader?

Again.

Stretch
07-31-2011, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>They are acting just like the crooks on Wall St., too dumb to realize that they're blowing off their own heads.

They will pay for this!</span> </span> </div></div>

Why are you making threats against those who don't bow before dear leader?

Again. </div></div>

Perhaps because they are acting like economic terrorists and diciples of Bin Ladens MO of the ends justify the means? St.

Soflasnapper
07-31-2011, 04:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is so radioactive right now that Jeb Bush would thump him. </div></div>

It may surprise you that the name 'Bush' is in considerable malodor for some reason.

Hopefully, the nation will not be blighted by a leader from that family for a generation or more. George P Bush, maybe, but not for 20 years or more. And he'll have to stop getting drunk and cutting cookies on girl's lawns (following his Uncle W's trajectory).

Soflasnapper
07-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Dear leader wanted increased taxes and no spending cuts.

The cabal insisted that their be increased taxes and no spending cuts ... to the point of insisting that no tax increases would be unpatriotic and any spending cuts would be extremist acts.

Dear leader will be forced to accept a plan with no tax increases but with spending cuts ... and Rachel Madcow and the Obamedia will hail it as a success of his brilliant leadership.

I believe the term for all of that is 'false.'

While Obama's plans have changed, the first plan was for a clean debt ceiling increase, neither revenue increases or spending cuts, related in that bill.

That was already after he'd put in place a freeze on federal employees salaries and numbers, with plans to allow attrition as it normally occurs to still further lessen the number of employees. That WAS ALREADY A CUT IN (future) SPENDING.

His more recent plan was, I thought somewhat famously, the formula of 3 dollars of spending cuts to 1 dollar of increased revenue. That wasn't as you said, either.

So please tell me when he ever said only tax increases, and no spending cuts. Isn't the answer, actually, HE NEVER DID?

As for the Obama cult to insist that what this plan is shaping up to be is a triumph by Obama, that's unlikely to transpire as well. In fact, the Democratic caucus in general is howling about this, most unhappy, and the progressive base (the professional left (tm)), is still more restive and in revolt.

Your fantasy castle in the clouds is so richly detailed that you can even spend time there, and think you're in a real home, I guess. You constantly state things that are entirely counterfactual. Truly, one must suspect you don't know differently, although one might hope you do, so as not to be delusional.

Soflasnapper
07-31-2011, 04:48 PM
So, do we have the beginning of a bet or not?

I propose the terms you suggested, that you will win if the opponent of Obama beats him by the same (or greater) popular vote margin, and the same (or greater) Electoral College margin.

If that is your bet, we have only to set the amount, and who will hold the posted monies.

I nominate lloter, if he will accept, and if we can agree on the amount (and these terms).

Soflasnapper
08-03-2011, 01:45 AM
So, no bet then? No courage of your convictions, and no backing up your braggadocio? How suprising!

LWW
08-03-2011, 04:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, no bet then? No courage of your convictions, and no backing up your braggadocio? How suprising! </div></div>

Not the case at all ... I just see another leftist making excuses in advance.

You already want to include an electoral college qualifier after I was willing to spot you several points.

Between No Balls Paul, aitch, woofie, hippie fool and a few other leftists ... I'm already owed over $20K that I will almost certainly never see.

Soflasnapper
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I offered to post, so your risk of non-payment was minimal.

My mentioning of the electoral college was WHY O's election was considered such a landslide.

You predicted a 'rout' at the same level or more as O won with, for his unelection. I see you do not actually predict that at all, as regarding putting your money at risk, at least.

Sensible, really.