PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS THE REAL SCOTT LEE!

09-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Scott Lee posted this message threatening me after our little blurbs in the pool instruction thread. all I can say to you Scott is... anytime

Ken...I don't understand why you continue to bad mouth me, even though you don't know me AT ALL! I have refrained from posting anything negative about you (regardless of how I might feel personally), and have asked other CCB'rs to do the same. If you continue with this [censored], I will seek you out and we will have to have a serious conversation. You have no right to make any statements about my profession, or ability. Take a lesson, and THEN you will have earned the right to say anything you like...positive or negative!
But notice, NOBODY posts anything negative about getting taught by me...doesn't that surprise you even a little...as you apparently think I know nothing. Fly-by-night, indeed!
Let this go, and leave it alone. Otherwise, I will take action.

Scott Lee

griffith_d
09-18-2002, 11:02 AM
I do not know Scott Lee at all and have had little correspondence with him except for Talisman Tips,...but through other posts here by other people, he seems like he is genuine.

I do not know all of what you have said,...but with this blatant post against Scott,...you must be a real bad dude.

Griff

09-18-2002, 11:05 AM
Just ask Scott I am sure he would love to tell you just how great he is. 17 CHAMPIONS cant be wrong!

griffith_d
09-18-2002, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Just ask Scott I am sure he would love to tell you just how great he is. 17 CHAMPIONS cant be wrong! <hr></blockquote>

I you trying to tell me that Scott brags on himself a lot.

Griff

Scott Lee
09-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Griff...I have no need to "brag" on myself. I just took exception to Ken's negative description of me as a "fly-by-night" instructor. He doesn't know me...he doesn't know ANYONE who has taken instruction from me...so why should he bad mouth me? I'll guess with you, as to why...

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
09-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Tell us Downtown, what should Scott do?
You are obviously jealous of his success and you continually badmouth him.
What would YOU do if somebody continually badmouths you?

09-18-2002, 11:19 AM
I, for one, don't blame him one bit! I have watched your posts for a couple years now and you are consistently rude and tiresomely confrontational and insulting. Scott travels all around the country and I wouldn't be suprised at all if he DOES run into you eventually. I wouldn't miss your posts at all if you left.

griffith_d
09-18-2002, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Griff...I have no need to "brag" on myself. I just took exception to Ken's negative description of me as a "fly-by-night" instructor. He doesn't know me...he doesn't know ANYONE who has taken instruction from me...so why should he bad mouth me? I'll guess with you, as to why...

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>

I makes me wonder about people that judge people in a specific way when they have not even met them. They may be covering up their inadequacies.

Griff

09-18-2002, 11:27 AM
I HAVE met Scott, seen his show, followed his instructional posts on this board and know people that have taken lessons with him. Scott is one of the few valuable and knowlegable resources left on the CCB. Scott has certification because he knows what he's talking about and has the experience to support it. Unlike Downtown whose only claim to fame is that he was on a team that had some success.

09-18-2002, 11:30 AM
man i wish i wasnt too lazy to go look back at some of his previous posts.

09-18-2002, 11:32 AM
if its offence to the term "fly by night " that aggravates you the most Scott then please tell me what you term you would use for someone that zips into town spends 1 or 2 days then off he goes to another and another and another...for some reason you are associating fly by night with something other than the definition I have put forth here... what would it be Scott?

09-18-2002, 11:33 AM
spoken like a true anonymous poster. least I have the courage to say what I mean and not hide it loser.

09-18-2002, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> It makes me wonder about people that judge people in a specific way when they have not even met them. They may be covering up their inadequacies.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

how come everytime people have nothing intelligent to say they have to turn to insults.

griffith_d
09-18-2002, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: griffith_d:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; It makes me wonder about people that judge people in a specific way when they have not even met them. They may be covering up their inadequacies.

Griff &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

how come everytime people have nothing intelligent to say they have to turn to insults. <hr></blockquote>

Ok, I will say it another way. There are people that try to make themselves look good, by cutting others down instead of making themselves better.

Is that better!

Griff

09-18-2002, 11:43 AM
do you honestly think that I am stupid enough to think that my arrogant instigational posts will actually make me look better?
someone asked what we thought was the BEST way to get instruction was and because i didnt jump up and go SCOTT LEE SCOTT LEE!!!!! he gets pissed at me for it.

Scott Lee
09-18-2002, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> someone asked what we thought was the BEST way to get instruction was and because i didnt jump up and go SCOTT LEE SCOTT LEE!!!!! he gets pissed at me for it. <hr></blockquote>

Not true, Ken. Nobody is asking you to promote or condone instruction by me, or anyone else. Perhaps you need to read the dictionary to see the definition of fly-by-night. Didn't your mother ever teach you, that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all? Obviously not!

Scott

09-18-2002, 11:51 AM
again... nothing intelligent...insults

bluewolf
09-18-2002, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Griff...I have no need to "brag" on myself. I just took exception to Ken's negative description of me as a "fly-by-night" instructor. He doesn't know me...he doesn't know ANYONE who has taken instruction from me...so why should he bad mouth me? I'll guess with you, as to why...

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>

scott,where is no why.downtown likes to stir up stuff. downtown and i have bantered and i never take his insults personal.

downtown, i like you and will trade banters with you any day but please leave my bud,scott alone.he has taken you real serious. were you serious?

i suppose with all the traveling scott does, he does sometimes have to 'fly(par avion) by night' but there is nothing 'fly by night' about him.ray and i just took lessons and are both improving daily by practicing the skills he taught us.he is also friendly, personable and and all around nice guy.

so pleeeeze dt, leave scott alone. pick on somebody else.

Laura

09-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Ive asked Scott to come up with a better term then fly by night to describe himself but he seems to refuse to do so (maybe because it fits him perfectly) instead he would rather hurl threats and insults( he even brought my mother into one post)

nAz
09-18-2002, 12:00 PM
RoTF ahhh i needed a good laugh! DT you can pick on me i can take it lol

heater451
09-18-2002, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Not true, Ken. Nobody is asking you to promote or condone instruction by me, or anyone else. Perhaps you need to read the dictionary to see the definition of fly-by-night.<hr></blockquote>The negative connotations outweigh the "actual verbage":

http://phrases.shu.ac.uk/bulletin_board/13/messages/1571.html

=================

bluewolf
09-18-2002, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: d0wnt0wn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; someone asked what we thought was the BEST way to get instruction was and because i didnt jump up and go SCOTT LEE SCOTT LEE!!!!! he gets pissed at me for it. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Not true, Ken. Nobody is asking you to promote or condone instruction by me, or anyone else. Perhaps you need to read the dictionary to see the definition of fly-by-night. Didn't your mother ever teach you, that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all? Obviously not!

Scott <hr></blockquote>

my mommy taught me that too &lt;G&gt; but sometimes i still forget and make an a** out of myself /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

09-18-2002, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

They may be covering up their inadequacies.

<hr></blockquote>

Is that something like like "penis envy?" /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
09-18-2002, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> RoTF ahhh i needed a good laugh! DT you can pick on me i can take it lol <hr></blockquote>

yeah naz. i can take it off of him.when dt picks at me he is playing.there is a difference between bantaring and flaming. bantaring i do well with. personal flames are another matter and get my feelings hurt in those situations. i have flamed other people too which i regret because i dont think flames are nice.so when i did it i was being not nice,even mean.unfortunately it is easy to hit the send key without thinking and the words cannot be taken back,as the damage is already done.'the pen is mightier than the sword'

Laura

heater451
09-18-2002, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> do you honestly think that I am stupid enough to think that my arrogant instigational posts will actually make me look better?. . . <hr></blockquote>Don't mean to appear to be choosing a side, but this was too funny not to draw attention to. . . .

===================

09-18-2002, 12:11 PM
I especialy like the part about the contractor comming in .. doing some shoddy repair work.. then disappearing... can you say hit the nail on the head!

heater451
09-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Actually, you're argument was about the words fitting Scott's actions.

As for ".. doing some shoddy repair work.. then disappearing... can you say hit the nail on the head!", the burden of proof as to whether Scott's work is 'shoddy' is up to you.

=================

bluewolf
09-18-2002, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> I especialy like the part about the contractor comming in .. doing some shoddy repair work.. then disappearing... can you say hit the nail on the head! <hr></blockquote>

dt,

which head?

Laura

SpiderMan
09-18-2002, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> if its offence to the term "fly by night " that aggravates you the most Scott then please tell me what you term you would use for someone that zips into town spends 1 or 2 days then off he goes to another and another and another...for some reason you are associating fly by night with something other than the definition I have put forth here... what would it be Scott? <hr></blockquote>

DT - Maybe he's also bothered about jabs like this?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Then another 2 years of ass kissin on the CCB and you can be a Master-Bator like scott <hr></blockquote>

There are plenty of people on here that have truly earned your putdowns. You could spend a lifetime on them before Scott should even show up on your radar, he's a good guy.

Spiderman

09-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Okay. I'll call myself "Blueballs" when I post. Now you know who I am. Now I am a poster with an identity like "Downtown". I invented a name; that took a lot of courage on my part. I feel better already. Now maybe I can be accepted. Now I am no longer anonymous. Seems you're a little miffed. I thought you'd be delighted to have someone to playfully " banter" with you in the same spirit as your own posts. Guess I was mistaken.

09-18-2002, 12:55 PM
I can't believe that sentence actually came out of your mouth! (WHEEEEE, this is fun!)

09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
true

09-18-2002, 01:01 PM
if you click on my name you will find the inforamtion about me that you might seek..... when i click on your name all i get is the same thing that comes out of your mouth... air

09-18-2002, 01:03 PM
oh you are assuming i meant scott?? :OP

09-18-2002, 01:11 PM
I was in Vancover once. Beautiful city! I thought you'd enjoy my arrogant, instigational posts. I thought they'd make me look good. Pleeeease can't we friends?

Chris Cass
09-18-2002, 02:11 PM
I'm not even getting into this Crap. Why don't everyone just chase every BCA Master Instructor and Scott will be one soon, Right off the freakin board. The guy tours for a living. There is nothing wrong with helping people along the way while on tour.

He clearly doesn't need the money. I know Scott and have met with him. How many guys do you know that would drive 250 miles to meet someone and play for 10 hrs and then drive another 250 miles back home? Not to mention, the night before he just got into town. I know of none.

If someone takes instruction from Scott? If they experience problems they can always get in touch with him. Someone saying "Fly By Night" suggests a morality or lack of, that Scott doesn't exhibit. He believes and loves what he does. If it helps a player in reaching their goals? Then, more power to them.

It's no different than Mike Massey, Jimmy Reid, Jerry Briesath(sp?), Mike Segal, RandyG., Allison Fisher, Gerda Hofstedter(sp?), Mark Wilson and a ton more. They all travel to locations to do private lessons, exhibitions and clinics. All pool school instructors do this. I don't consider them "Fly By Night." These players have the gift of being able to put their thoughts into words to teach others in need. Someone that's "Fly By Night" in the true sence, would never be found after the payment was provided. IMO

The guy even wanted to help me get started in the field. I couldn't handle the job he does. I give up. I'm going to the ph and hit some balls where I can relax.

C.C.

heater451
09-18-2002, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr>. . .can you say hit the nail on the head!<hr></blockquote>It's not assumption, it's called 'inference'.

BTW, I'm going to make this my last reply in this thread, as I don't want to play verbal ping-pong, and keep popping the thread back to the top. That means you get the last word (enjoy it). /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

=========================

09-18-2002, 02:38 PM
On a technical note, dOwntOwn, in a thread such as this in which you are particularly active, the space the dood takes up makes it necessary for the reader to do a lot of extra scrolling down. I find this inefficient and so I check the thread less frequently for updates. =Slim

09-18-2002, 02:47 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Chris Cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I'm not even getting into this Crap. <hr></blockquote>

jeez pretty long post considering you werent even getting into it. dont ya think?
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: chris cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
everyone just chase every BCA Master Instructor and Scott will be one soon, Right off the freakin board.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

whos trying to chase him off im just trying to show people what their options are and I consider quick one day fixes to be quite ineffectual. I have taken many lessons, some of them from top players and I always walk away knowing something that i didnt know before but I would credit my pool playing abilities more to my hard work and determination rather than just a few lessons.

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: chris cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
The guy tours for a living. There is nothing wrong with helping people along the way while on tour.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

yes that is how he has made his living... he is obliviously a very good salesman. But I for one dont buy the 1500 dollar vaccum cleaner just cause the salesman tells me its the best... I got a price list from scott once for a group session and I was absolutely in shock with how much money he wanted for 1 day. each person would have gotten less than 30 minutes of 1 on 1 and i just could in no way whatsoever justify an expensive lesson of that sort. If you guys think its worth it to you then by all means go ahead.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: chris cass:</font><hr>

He clearly doesn't need the money. I know Scott and have met with him. How many guys do you know that would drive 250 miles to meet someone and play for 10 hrs and then drive another 250 miles back home? Not to mention, the night before he just got into town. I know of none. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

how can i comment on the situation when i have no way of knowing the circumstance... whats your point?

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: chris cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Someone saying "Fly By Night" suggests a morality or lack of, that Scott doesn't exhibit. He believes and loves what he does. If it helps a player in reaching their goals? Then, more power to them. [quoteI have clearly stated in many posts what I have taken fly by night to mean if that saying is still being taken offence too then so be it.
It's no different than Mike Massey, Jimmy Reid, Jerry Briesath(sp?), Mike Segal, RandyG., Allison Fisher, Gerda Hofstedter(sp?), Mark Wilson and a ton more. They all travel to locations to do private lessons, exhibitions and clinics. All pool school instructors do this. I don't consider them "Fly By Night." These players have the gift of being able to put their thoughts into words to teach others in need. Someone that's "Fly By Night" in the true sence, would never be found after the payment was provided. IMO&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

you are right they do all do this but please dont patronise me telling me its for the "love of the game" they do it for money plain and simple the more money the better.
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: chirs cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
The guy even wanted to help me get started in the field. I couldn't handle the job he does. I give up. I'm going to the ph and hit some balls where I can relax.

C.C. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

hey chris its really great that you feel this way about scott but jsut because you do .. do i have to as well?? I bet if scott was to instruct me I would have a great time... come away with some different ideas and add those ideas into my already huge brain binder of other things i have learned over the years. But excuse me if i dont think that my whole life will change from that one lesson.

09-18-2002, 02:49 PM
try reading it in threaded mode then..... btw... I dont really care if you read it or not a$$wipe

rackmup
09-18-2002, 03:20 PM
d0wnt0wn,

Just curious...if you were to fly, drive, walk, thumb into town to take a lesson for a day, or even two, rather than have the instructor come to you, would that make you a "fly-by-night" pool player?

Again, just curious.

Regards,

Ken

stickman
09-18-2002, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> do you honestly think that I am stupid enough to think that my arrogant instigational posts will actually make me look better?<hr></blockquote>
I don't think you're stupid. An arrogant jerk maybe.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: dOwntOwn:</font><hr>
someone asked what we thought was the BEST way to get instruction was and because i didnt jump up and go SCOTT LEE SCOTT LEE!!!!! he gets pissed at me for it. <hr></blockquote>
Like the Hertz commercial says: Not Exactly!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: dOwntOwn:</font><hr>truth is you are probably better off finding a local pro that will give you instruction once a week for 50 bucks an hour.... I am sure that something like Pool School would be benificial for your initial entrance into instruction... but usually fly by night instructors ( scott lee) and pool academys only give you a kind of shock value that temporarily elevates your game but unless you get continued instruction you are apt to forget alot of the teachings and slide back to your old ways... by al means if you have money to burn then try any number of good schools around the US.. there is even a very expensive one in BC canada run by paul potier, Alison, Gerda and mike massey. There is also no substitute for practice.<hr></blockquote>
What you have done here is somewhat different than not singing his praises. Scott is not unhappy with you for any such innocent act. You specifically called Scott out, refered to him as fly by night, and inferred that his lessons were of little more than shock value. Proclaim your innocence, and good intentions all you like, but you are guilty of being arrogant and instigational, just as you yourself alluded to.

I gave you the benefit of doubt some time back, but there's a saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'll not be fooled twice.

nAz
09-18-2002, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> try reading it in threaded mode then..... btw... I dont really care if you read it or not a$$wipe <hr></blockquote>

Bahahahaha god you guys split my sides hahaha

rackmup
09-18-2002, 03:24 PM
...and "d0wnt0wn" is less "anonymous" than an anonymous poster posting as "anonymous"?

Again...just curious.

Regards,

Ken (I always wondered...if my name were "Ken Anonymous", would I be an anonymous poster or anonymous the poster)

09-18-2002, 03:33 PM
We won’t be fooled again, by your miracle claims and praises.
We won’t be impressed by unclear phrases;
from now until the end.
You won’t pull the wool over our eyes,
not one in a hundred tries.
We won’t be misled by your lies...
from now until the end.
None of us will be “suckered in”.
Maybe in the past but never again.
We’ll all stick together through thick and thin...
from now until the end.
A hundred times we’ve trusted you.
Each and every time you’ve ran us through.
Refuse to listen is what we’ll do!...
From now until the end.
In case you’re wondering your creditability is shot.
Regardless of whether you like it or not.
A permanent lack of communication
is what we’ve got.
From now until the end.
You must think that we are fools,
for letting you get away with breaking our rules.
From now on we’ll be as stubborn as mules.
From now until the end.
We won’t take any more of your abuse.
To try any more will prove no use.
Because of you our tempers have a short fuse.
From now until the end.
You plead with us and begin to cry.
Go back on our word?We’d rather die!
Oh, what the heck; we’ll give you one more try....
but we’re warning you.... We won’t be fooled again!
Bo Bandy.

rackmup
09-18-2002, 03:36 PM
I've always been of the firm belief that opinions that smell of negativity, should be based on first-hand knowledge of the person on the receiving end of the bad press rather than merely basing it on something as "gray" as posts on a message board.

I also believe that a real man would have PM'ed Scott on these issues rather than "stirring up" the board with one "man's" opinion (however superficial that "man" might be.)

I have met Scott. He is a great player and an even better human being. Perhaps it is time you forget the pool lessons Scott could give you and instead, ask for advice on how to walk the same path as a man with class, dignity and generosity. That, you could certainly use, my pool-playing friend.

Regards,

Ken (those that give, in return will receive tenfold)

09-18-2002, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> RoTF ahhh i needed a good laugh! DT you can pick on me i can take it lol <hr></blockquote>Pursuant to the quoted post and a number of others you have made recently, please be advised that this is a forum, not a chatroom, and it would be appreciated if you composed your posts with that in mind. Thank you.

nAz
09-18-2002, 03:59 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: nAz:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; RoTF ahhh i needed a good laugh! DT you can pick on me i can take it lol &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Pursuant to the quoted post and a number of others you have made recently, please be advised that this is a forum, not a chatroom, and it would be appreciated if you composed your posts with that in mind. Thank you. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

HAHAHA NOW THATS FUNNY!! lol dude/dudes as long as you post anon. ill just keep LMSAO OH and i KNOW your IP!!

09-18-2002, 04:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I've always been of the firm belief that opinions that smell of negativity, should be based on first-hand knowledge of the person on the receiving end of the bad press rather than merely basing it on something as "gray" as posts on a message board.<hr></blockquote>

I believe that the wheel of furtune should be played with guns... doesnt mean ill get my way

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>

I also believe that a real man would have PM'ed Scott on these issues rather than "stirring up" the board with one "man's" opinion (however superficial that "man" might be.)<hr></blockquote>

let me know if you think im not a real man if we ever meet in person.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>

I have met Scott. He is a great player and an even better human being. Perhaps it is time you forget the pool lessons Scott could give you and instead, ask for advice on how to walk the same path as a man with class, dignity and generosity. That, you could certainly use, my pool-playing friend.

Regards,<hr></blockquote>

your just trying to earn the box of triangle tips and a bottle of q-clean that scott gives all his students for xmas.

09-18-2002, 04:04 PM
no... but if i did all that and then went to your house to bang your wife then yes.

09-18-2002, 04:05 PM
have you ever clicked on my name genious

09-18-2002, 04:06 PM
You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I read just about every post in this thread. I must be very easily amused, or EXTREMELY bored here at work (probably a combination of both).

09-18-2002, 04:08 PM
i am far from innoccent my friend....please dont be fooled by me.... I wouldnt want you to think for one second that I actually gave a crap about what some nerd on the other side of the world thinks.

09-18-2002, 04:10 PM
oh man.... are you the same idiot that wrote the star spangled banner?

cheesemouse
09-18-2002, 04:34 PM
DT's,
Kenny.....take your meds....LOL LOL.... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

09-18-2002, 04:38 PM
thats what i get for buying the generic low price kind

stickman
09-18-2002, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> i am far from innoccent my friend....please dont be fooled by me.... I wouldnt want you to think for one second that I actually gave a crap about what some nerd on the other side of the world thinks. <hr></blockquote>

First of all, I'm not your friend, and as you can see, what you think is of little consequence to me as well. Not that I think you'll care, but I'm not wasting my time reading or replying to any more of your BS posts. Scott Lee has contributed more to people here in the way of help than you ever could. All you contribute is garbage. Grow up and get a life, LOSER!

I know you like the attention, but you've already gotten more from me than you deserve.

cheesemouse
09-18-2002, 04:56 PM
I think you Canucks have a national health program, ask around, I think your government will give you your drugs on the house and that way you can play a couple more games in that $2 ring game you like so much. LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

09-18-2002, 04:58 PM
thats it cheese race to 50 for a buck.. NOW!

09-18-2002, 05:02 PM
You love arguing with dOwntOwn, don't you? If not than why are you arguing with him?

You post to tell him you are not going to post! Bahahaha!

At least dOwntOwn admits what he is. He tells it like it is. And then throws it in your face. Ha ha.

You're just kidding yourself. Your not kidding me, Mister. You better stop kidding yourself.

I enjoy a good BS session as much as the next guy. When I stop liking it is when the guy BS'ing me tries to pretend that he's not BS'g, or even worse, if he believes his own BS. Thats when I know I got a nut job on my hands. Slim

cheesemouse
09-18-2002, 05:04 PM
It's a game. Pick me up at Vancouver International in one hour. I'll be the guy in the cheese suit...... LOL

09-18-2002, 05:26 PM
lol id hate to be the guy sitting next to you on the plane

cheesemouse
09-18-2002, 05:32 PM
the lucky ones have their own red wine and crackers......LOL

Chris Cass
09-18-2002, 06:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr>
jeez pretty long post considering you werent even getting into it. dont ya think? <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

Ya got me there. I get going and sometimes I can't stop.

[DOwntOwn quote]

whos trying to chase him off im just trying to show people what their options are and I consider quick one day fixes to be quite ineffectual. I have taken many lessons, some of them from top players and I always walk away knowing something that i didnt know before but I would credit my pool playing abilities more to my hard work and determination rather than just a few lessons. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

No doubt, hard work and desire are the main influence in the player that excels. You have to see something in order to duplicate it. No doubt these lessons helped along the way. I'm sure you've paid one way or another for them.

A business will always use a product that produces favorable results. This is good business and Scott should take alittle credit for students that has had his help. It would be different if he said, he taught them everything they know.

[DOwntOwn quote]
yes that is how he has made his living... he is obliviously a very good salesman. But I for one dont buy the 1500 dollar vaccum cleaner just cause the salesman tells me its the best... I got a price list from scott once for a group session and I was absolutely in shock with how much money he wanted for 1 day. each person would have gotten less than 30 minutes of 1 on 1 and i just could in no way whatsoever justify an expensive lesson of that sort. If you guys think its worth it to you then by all means go ahead.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

A guy put this to me the other day, seriously. He said it costs $330. a day for Jerry Briesath. He said, a player with your skills would need no more than the 3 day deal. He went on to say, that's 1000 bucks. I said, "I knew that and that's a lot of doe." He then replied, "I see you getting in these $2500. added events. If you took one off or even cashed a few times, wouldn't it be worth it?" I couldn't argue. Matter of fact, it made me think of the times I lost 5 to $600. gambling. I could have seen Jerry already twice. Whether it was lessons or a new fishing pole. Ya spend it anyway.

[DOwntOwn quote]
how can i comment on the situation when i have no way of knowing the circumstance... whats your point? <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

He likes to play, he wanted to meet two people off the CCB he thought were friendly. He did this for nothing. No lessons were purchased, just pure fun. He also through in a few pointers.

[DOwntOwn quote] I have clearly stated in many posts what I have taken fly by night to mean if that saying is still being taken offence too then so be it.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

Yes but your taking the words out of context. Just like the mom thing. Scott meant no disrespect to your mom. It's just a saying that's been around since dirt.

[DOwntOwn quote] you are right they do all do this but please dont patronise me telling me its for the "love of the game" they do it for money plain and simple the more money the better.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

I never said they do this for the love of the game. I did say Scott is doing what he loves, of course they all do it for the money. The entertainment area of pool is where most of the money is.

About the LOVE thing. I spent 10 hrs with Scott. I can tell when someone loves what they do. Scott, loves to teach. I however, never loved any job I've had. I do love pool though.

[DOwntOwn quote] hey chris its really great that you feel this way about scott but jsut because you do .. do i have to as well?? I bet if scott was to instruct me I would have a great time... come away with some different ideas and add those ideas into my already huge brain binder of other things i have learned over the years. But excuse me if i dont think that my whole life will change from that one lesson. <hr></blockquote>

I'm not asking you to change your thoughts on any subject. Everyone has met someone in their lives that spark something inside them to go in the direction they're in. Someone had to spark something in you to want to play pool. Otherwise, you wouldn't have reached the level your presently at now. By spark, I mean desire to excel.

Mine was Eddie Connelly. A kid that brought me to my first pool hall. Eddie was far from an inspirational person. Spends most of his life behind bars. Shame, well although Eddie and I were thrown out. I still gotta give him credit for helping me find the desire within me. Go figure.

As far as chaseing the instructors off the board goes. Your gaining a reputation for drilling them so far. It's know wonder we haven't heard from too many lately.

I have a question for you? Why are you so blunt with people? You've been here on the board for along time. Something or someone has to have made you so hateful. When you want to be, you can be real nice. What's up with that? Do you want to known as the Howard Stern of the CCB? Your posts seem all put downs. I'm not a player hater but you've been too much. Well, I guess you pulled me into posting again, and you call Scott a salesman.

C.C.

09-18-2002, 07:13 PM
Yes but your taking the words out of context. Just like the mom thing. Scott meant no disrespect to your mom. It's just a saying that's been around since dirt.
<hr></blockquote>

yes I know but I found it quite amusing that he would use one in his defence of mine.

09-18-2002, 07:16 PM
I have a question for you? Why are you so blunt with people? You've been here on the board for along time. Something or someone has to have made you so hateful. When you want to be, you can be real nice. What's up with that? Do you want to known as the Howard Stern of the CCB? Your posts seem all put downs. I'm not a player hater but you've been too much. Well, I guess you pulled me into posting again, and you call Scott a salesman.<hr></blockquote>

actually I am quite dissappointed with this thread I was hoping i could get it into the top ten in 7 hours.... its now been 8.5 and im still 3-400 off

09-18-2002, 08:28 PM
sure we can... you can start by paying me 5 bucks a week friendship dues..... if your good after the 6 month trial period ill only raise it to ten

nAz
09-18-2002, 09:56 PM
HAHAHA i charge a minimun of $10 U.S. plus Lunch

09-19-2002, 12:49 AM
I am Scott Lee's gay lover.

09-19-2002, 02:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sasha:</font><hr> I am Scott Lee's gay lover. <hr></blockquote>

Who is Sasha?BS

bluewolf
09-19-2002, 04:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sasha:</font><hr> I am Scott Lee's gay lover. <hr></blockquote>

Now this is way over the top!!!!! Slander,defamation of character,etc....

Laura

bluewolf
09-19-2002, 05:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: nAz:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; RoTF ahhh i needed a good laugh! DT you can pick on me i can take it lol &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Pursuant to the quoted post and a number of others you have made recently, please be advised that this is a forum, not a chatroom, and it would be appreciated if you composed your posts with that in mind. Thank you. <hr></blockquote>

blah blah blah.since when are you president of the world, anon?if you desire that position, i know someone who already has it locked up.

i dont see anything out of line in naz comments.people have a right to be humerous here if they choose

Laura

bluewolf
09-19-2002, 05:36 AM
With in many bashings going on and the ccb tourn about 10 days away....hmmmmm.wonder what is in the water? ROFL

Laura

bluewolf
09-19-2002, 05:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I read just about every post in this thread. I must be very easily amused, or EXTREMELY bored here at work (probably a combination of both). <hr></blockquote>

yeah me too. i always read dt though to see what silliness he is coming up with and was surprised by the intense bashing of scott. and gosh this one has gotten rather like a 'barroom brawl'.

i am backing out of this one too.if the rest of you want to keep it alive,have fun.

Laura

CarolNYC
09-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Well folks, this just takes the cake! requirements for BCA-MASTER INSTRUCTOR:

A minimum of 2 years later and keeping a certain number of students (requiring a specified minimum number of feedback forms from these students) over that 2 year period earns you the right to attend another pool school. Only then may you apply for your certified instructor status.

Another 2 years of teaching and attending additional schools as an assistant instructor working under a master instructor and you've got a shot at advanced instructor status. Finally, another 2 years of the same including instructing and supervising a considerable number of instructor candidates earns you the right to apply for the title of master instructor.

That totals a minimum of 6 years required to obtain master instructor status, of which there are currently around 10 active in the U.S. Also interesting to note is that it's apparently not that easy to keep any of the 3 levels of instructor titles !

The only woman BCA-MAster Instructor in the United States out of the 10 Masters! Fran Crimi!
I say the following words with the heaviest and saddest heart:
My good friend was bashed with some of the meanest,cruelest words I've ever heard!I tried ,to no avail, to stop this, but I guess I didnt have the firepower of support that I read in this thread-many of you, who responded here,know her personally! Gentle,sincere,loyal and down-to-earth-performing charities for children,pool exhibitions,teaching students and travelling on a professional tour ,dedication to her family and the willingness to give as much knowledge as she is capable!The disrespect and hatred that some of you displayed towards her was a horror!
I know those of you had your own "personnal "reasons(and I know many of those reasons) but those opinions should have been KEPT PERSONNAL!Some of you are just cruel and evil-but,"what goes around comes around!"
I commend those who showed their support to Scott Lee-very admirable-but I just have a word of advice ,Scott-"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer and dont EVER let them know what your thinking!"
Too bad this website couldnt block those consistent "bashers",maybe in the future!The only way to stop this is for those people to change themselves-Ive learned there is no chance for that!
Carol~singing a tune while biding the time!

09-19-2002, 10:42 AM
I had a dog named Sasha when I was a kid, but I doubt she is still alive, and I really doubt she learned to type if she is /webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif.

09-19-2002, 11:25 AM
carol you said an awful lot to not say anything at all... were you asking me out on a date per chance?

09-19-2002, 11:47 AM

09-19-2002, 08:11 PM
Scott, been away for a while and man has this site it gone downhill. I have never heard anyone that has had a personal meeting with you for lesson post a negative comment. You have dozens &amp; dozens, scores and scores of people who are constantly recommending you to other people. Where did all of these people come from and why do people respond to them? We wouldn't pay any attention to them if they appeared in our local rooms, except maybe to help them get 86'd. Jerks do not need or deserve recognition. Sorry to see all the missing posters and the trash that has replaced them. Looking forward to seeing you in May

09-19-2002, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: charlieb:</font><hr> Looking forward to seeing you in May <hr></blockquote>How is he going to see you in May if you don't sign your post? How does he know who you are? -Slim

Scott Lee
09-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you again too! Be sure to email me, so we can schedule the best time for both of us.

Scott

09-20-2002, 03:50 AM
Only if your afraid of facing your own sexuality

bluewolf
09-20-2002, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sasha:</font><hr> Only if your afraid of facing your own sexuality <hr></blockquote>

there is no problem with being gay or anything else.it just came across as inflammatory after all the accusations that another poster had already hurled at scott.

bw

bluewolf
09-20-2002, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: dOwntOwn:</font><hr> carol you said an awful lot to not say anything at all... were you asking me out on a date per chance? <hr></blockquote>

too stupid!!!! carol was upset and rightfully so by the way her friend,fran, was treated.i was one of the mean people of whom she spoke. while I regret my words and have often wished I did not say them, they can not be taken back. no human being, master instructor or otherwise deserves the treatment that fran got.

there is nothing else i can say except i deeply regret having been a mean person in this instance.it is not who i am normally but my evil side showed its ugly head.

Laura

10-26-2002, 10:28 PM

preacherman
10-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Scott,
Your a nice guy, a people person (obviously) and I appreciate the time you spent with me. I look forward to a
longer session if possible on your next visit. You are coming to Atlanta, GA soon aren't you. Let me and other Atlantans know when you'll be here.

Your friend and fan,
Jim
(goproclaim@aol.com)

preacherman
10-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Downtown,
Scott's a nice guy, a people person and I appreciate the time he spent with me in the Spring. If he seemed to lash out at you I'm sure it wasn't without cause. You too give good advice, lets work together not against each other.

OKAY!
Jim
(goproclaim@aol.com)

10-27-2002, 10:42 PM
preach...you're talking to a guy who left here a long time ago and doing it by bringing back up an old and long thread that was better off left dead.

dan

preacherman
10-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Maybe you're right. I just think Scotts a good guy.
I do appreciate a lot of what you share on pool,
and I surely don't want to stir up old news.

Jim