PDA

View Full Version : Noonan: 'He is a Lose...

llotter
07-30-2011, 07:23 AM
And this is America and nobody loves a loser.' Left unsaid but prominent in the mind is that fact that he is a loser because he is a moron. More and more citizens are coming to enlightenment, even against their wishes.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904800304576474620336602248.html

An interesting read.

Soflasnapper
07-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Read the other thread on this column of hers for more reaction.

However, as the alcoholism increasingly effects her through its accumulative brain damage, this woman isn't holding back, and cannot self-censor her thoughts.

If she thought he was a loser because he was a moron, she would say so. As she did not, she doesn't think that, mainly because it isn't true, and she has a slight semblance of thinking left in her so as to understand that truth.

Gayle in MD
07-31-2011, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read the other thread on this column of hers for more reaction.

However, as the alcoholism increasingly effects her through its accumulative brain damage, this woman isn't holding back, and cannot self-censor her thoughts.

If she thought he was a loser because he was a moron, she would say so. As she did not, she doesn't think that, mainly because it isn't true, and she has a slight semblance of thinking left in her so as to understand that truth. </div></div>

I've often wondered where she gets that arrogant, self-assumed superiority, when she's been caught staggering and falling into taxi cabs in Manhattan for three decades!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

No honorable Jurnalist hides it from the public, when the CIC has mentally lost it.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I used to die laughing when B. ACTOR Reagan, puffed out those overly theatrical, embroidered "Playhouse 90" speeches she wrote.

Talk about living in a fantasy! She's Fantasy Land Personified....

'slipped the surly bonds of Earth" to "touch the face of God." '

BARF!

And She pliagerized most of it!

What a pompous FAKE!

LWW
07-31-2011, 02:28 PM
He is a loser, and his remaining few followers ... as charlotte calls them, the "nutty 25%" ... are in denial.

Soflasnapper
07-31-2011, 05:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth" to "touch the face of God." '

BARF!

What a pompous FAKE!</div></div>

What is worse than her wordsmithing in that case (which was touching, if schmaltzy), was what she was hiding by this flowery rhetoric.

What she was hiding was that the shuttle was ordered up, against the recommendation against by the professionals, simply for a photo-op of the president calling the shuttle during his SOTU address. These people were killed for a political stunt, and she helped hide the fact.

It's not the worst thing Reagan's administration did, but it may have been the most heinous.

Gayle in MD
07-31-2011, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth" to "touch the face of God." '

BARF!

What a pompous FAKE!</div></div>

What is worse than her wordsmithing in that case (which was touching, if schmaltzy), was what she was hiding by this flowery rhetoric.

What she was hiding was that the shuttle was ordered up, against the recommendation against by the professionals, simply for a photo-op of the president calling the shuttle during his SOTU address. These people were killed for a political stunt, and she helped hide the fact.

It's not the worst thing Reagan's administration did, but it may have been the most heinous. </div></div>

Yes, I've read about that, and that is why that speech, which the gushing right has been stupidly drooling over for decades, makes me want to barf!

Reagan was a total FAKE! As bumbling as he was affable.

Noonan's job was to glorify him, and cover up his lack of intellectual acumen, and she was as phony as he was.

Nancy put them both to shame on the Phony scale, from one to ten, she was a solid eleven!

Only George Shultz had any brilliance. He was the real brains of the entire Reagan administration, and any true accomplishments, were all really due to him, IMO, particularly in dealing with the Soviets.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
We agree, mainly, but I demur a bit on Nancy.

Not that she wasn't phony, she was.

However, I give her substantial credit for what you think Schultz did, the arms reduction agreements of the second term.

Schultz had a limited purchase on Reagan, whereas Nancy had all his attention and influenced him more than any.

Whether Nancy knew the extreme value of peace and preventing nuclear war, and did what she did out of morality and real concern, or was simply burnishing Reagan's legacy for history, I don't know and can't say. But I do credit her influence on what amounted to a 180 degree turnaround for Reagan with regard to the Soviets, after a first term spent talking about gaining a usable nuclear capability (flexible response) so as to 'win' WW III, sharply reversed as the freeze and green movements became powerful.

Or it may have been simply that Reagan was brought to his senses by the near-calamity of Able Archer, and/or viewing 'The Day After.'

Whichever was most important, I think the country will always be in debt to a very great degree to Nancy, who if not starting the thaw, agreed with it and supported it to the point that Reagan himself came around to support it (and to the horror and condemnation of the right).

Gayle in MD
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We agree, mainly, but I demur a bit on Nancy.

Not that she wasn't phony, she was.

However, I give her substantial credit for what you think Schultz did, the arms reduction agreements of the second term.

Schultz had a limited purchase on Reagan, whereas Nancy had all his attention and influenced him more than any.

Whether Nancy knew the extreme value of peace and preventing nuclear war, and did what she did out of morality and real concern, or was simply burnishing Reagan's legacy for history, I don't know and can't say. But I do credit her influence on what amounted to a 180 degree turnaround for Reagan with regard to the Soviets, after a first term spent talking about gaining a usable nuclear capability (flexible response) so as to 'win' WW III, sharply reversed as the freeze and green movements became powerful.

Or it may have been simply that Reagan was brought to his senses by the near-calamity of Able Archer, and/or viewing 'The Day After.'

Whichever was most important, I think the country will always be in debt to a very great degree to Nancy, who if not starting the thaw, agreed with it and supported it to the point that Reagan himself came around to support it (and to the horror and condemnation of the right).
</div></div>

My studies and information points to Schultz as being the real negotiator.

IMO, and from what I have read on the subject, without Schultz, no deal would ever have been on the table.

G.

DickLeonard
08-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Soflasnapper I thought it was Nancy's Horoscoper who ran the Country with Nancy. ####

Soflasnapper
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree Schultz did the heavy lifting, but Nancy's influence w/Ronnie was also critical, in my view.

Schultz was heavily opposed by Weinberger, and in that face off, Reagan refused to decide. Schultz offered his resignation several times as a way to try to get Reagan to get off the fence and decide between his advisers. Which he rarely could do, if the advisers refused to agree with one another.

Nancy was very offended by the 'warmonger cowboy' label on Reagan, and dedicated herself to the idea that Reagan ought to be nominated for, and win, the Nobel Peace Prize. I think Schultz found her an important ally in the disputes his proposed deals created.

Soflasnapper
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soflasnapper I thought it was Nancy's Horoscoper who ran the Country with Nancy. #### </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

She mainly handled the astral aspects favorable or unfavorable to travel, Reagan's personal health and safety, and things of that sort. So far as policy, not so much, although she may have weighed in occasionally on things like what kind of a man was Gorbachev. This became so prominent as it was after Nancy's fears were raised after the assassination attempt on her husband.

cushioncrawler
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Gorby, my hero, what a guy, the most important poly in the world in the 80's. The best russian ally that the usofa ever had.
Raygun, what an ignorant klunt.
mac.

Gayle in MD
08-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Another succinct summary of the facts, Mac, lol.

I agree. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
08-02-2011, 04:49 AM
THE BEATLES TRIBUTE TO BARACK HUSEEIN OBAMA JUNIOR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynpC1e9I9E)