PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi cue

09-18-2002, 02:44 PM
I am in the process of buying a Lucasi L2001. I would appreciate any input on the quality,playability etc. of Lucasi's in general and more specifically any input on the L2001 - I think it is referred to as the barber. Thanks.I am a player that is returning to the game after many years.

Kato
09-18-2002, 02:52 PM
My roomate just picked a used Lucasi, don't know which model. He put a Searing shaft on it, Ivory and 3 ferrule (I think), and Elk Master tip. It's a nice combination.

Kato

SpiderMan
09-18-2002, 03:55 PM
Haven't played with that particular model, but I'll comment that in general the Lucasi line of cues are probably high end for Chinese imports, roughly the quality of Vikings or McDermotts.

SpiderMan

cheesemouse
09-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Just last week I ordered a low end lucasi cue for a friend. I played with it for a few hours and was amazed at the hit and quality for the $150 price tag. For a starter cue you can't go wrong for the money.

Karatemom
09-18-2002, 07:39 PM
I received a Lucasi for my birthday this year. I was shooting with a McDermott, but needed a different hit. The Lucasi, IMO, has a better balance point than the McD. My hubby was very pleased with the manufacture of the cue itself. I was just interested in something that hit different than my McD and very simply done. The Uni-Lock joint is a definite bonus, too. My Lucasi hits beautifully. I'm just getting back into pool myself so don't know all the terms yet, but it is a great cue. I believe you'll enjoy yours as well.

Heide

Sid_Vicious
09-18-2002, 08:29 PM
I own an LLE314U after hitting with several, the cues are super for the cost! Every model I hit with was solid, it will serve anyone well especially at the price of these cues...sid

Eric.
09-19-2002, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: pooljba:</font><hr> I am in the process of buying a Lucasi L2001. I would appreciate any input on the quality,playability etc. of Lucasi's in general and more specifically any input on the L2001 - I think it is referred to as the barber. Thanks.I am a player that is returning to the game after many years.

<hr></blockquote>

I love my Lucasi. It just about hits as well as my Capone! There is a slightly different hit due to the different joints(metal vs. wood to wood on the Capone) but overall, the Lucasi delivers a solid balanced hit. I've been shooting with a Lucasi/UniLock for about a year now. The only thing I did was change the tip to a Triangle and condition the shaft with slippery stuff. The best part is that if my cue gets damaged or stolen, who cares? Buy another one. Great cue for a mid-level price.

Eric &gt;vat a baargin

Brian in VA
09-19-2002, 09:53 AM
I've had mine for nearly a year. My game has improved in that time although I can't say it's all the result of the cue. Better practice sessions are the main reason. Just the same, the hit and balance feel just right to my hands. It's a great value.
Brian

Voodoo Daddy
09-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Its Ivorine III /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif{the ferrule material}.