PDA

View Full Version : Obama turns 50 despite GOP opposition

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 02:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Turns 50 Despite Republican Opposition

August 4, 2011 | ISSUE 47•31

WASHINGTON—After months of heated negotiations and failed attempts to achieve any kind of consensus, President Obama turned 50 years old Thursday, drawing strong criticism from Republicans in Congress. "With the host of problems this country is currently facing, the fact that our president is devoting time to the human process of aging is an affront to Americans everywhere," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who advocated a provision to keep Obama 49 at least through the fall of 2013. "To move forward unilaterally and simply begin the next year of his life without bipartisan support—is that any way to lead a country?" According to White House officials, Obama attempted to work with Republicans right up until the Aug. 4 deadline, but was ultimately left with no choice except to turn a year older.
</div></div>

from The Onion, which hides much truth in comedy

eg8r
08-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Quick question...if you could, what would you give Obama for his birthday?

My personally I would give him the opportunity to announce a basketball game if the NBA gets its act together and actually has a season. I really enjoy hearing Obama talk sports and think he would be pretty darn good at it. I understand this is the type of present where we both would be getting a gift, him the chance to announce a professional game and I would get an evening where he wasn't wasting our time with his politics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM
The thanks of a grateful nation?

But I joke, of course.

Actually, I'd think that providing him holder in due course status on the VK Durham trust amount (some trillions of dollars) would be the best thing.

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
That trust may be a mirage.

So, I'll say, Bachmann as his opponent in the fall of '12.

LWW
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thanks of a grateful nation?</div></div>

Did he resign?

LWW
08-04-2011, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick question...if you could, what would you give Obama for his birthday?

eg8r </div></div>

A copy of the Federalist Papers.

eg8r
08-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Why would you withhold his birthday present till election day? Seems a bit too far out.

eg8r

Sev
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
A smaller ass on Michelle.

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 06:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thanks of a grateful nation?</div></div>

Did he resign? </div></div>

That was actually funny, thanks! Good one.

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you withhold his birthday present till election day? Seems a bit too far out.

eg8r </div></div>

Well, a) it would be a done deal well before election day, and b) he'd take that gift in a heartbeat.

Soflasnapper
08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A smaller ass on Michelle. </div></div>

Your preference, perhaps, and perhaps not his.

Gayle in MD
08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A smaller ass on Michelle. </div></div>

Your preference, perhaps, and perhaps not his. </div></div>

Surely he meant Michelle Bachmann, she's the one with a perpetual case of The Ass!

Soflasnapper
08-05-2011, 09:26 AM
BUTT, only 1 'l' in Bachmann's first name, so...

Gayle in MD
08-05-2011, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUTT, only 1 'l' in Bachmann's first name, so... </div></div>

True, yet when does he ever get anything right?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A smaller ass on Michelle. </div></div>

Surely he meant Michelle Bachmann, she's the one with a perpetual case of The Ass! </div></div>

I report:
http://newsbird.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ass.jpg
You decide:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m6BE08s5Fkc/Su5GmQMr0UI/AAAAAAAAAk0/XDgGxrd-2dg/s400/michelle+obama+bigbutt.jpg
the next one puts things in perspective:
http://themagicnegro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/bigassmichelle-copy.jpg
Moochelle definitely got back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/tx_eggman/ChewieBigButtJPG.jpg

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>DAT BADONKADONK NEEDS A LICENSE PLATE!</span>

Soflasnapper
08-05-2011, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUTT, only 1 'l' in Bachmann's first name, so... </div></div>

True, yet when does he ever get anything right?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Got me there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Soflasnapper
08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
You stay classy, LWW!

But why, if this is all so, did you put a Photoshopped pic in the mix?

ugotda7
08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A smaller ass on Michelle. </div></div>

Surely he meant Michelle Bachmann, she's the one with a perpetual case of The Ass! </div></div>

http://www.hamovhotov.com/fun/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/i-see-dumb-people-everywhere.jpg

Soflasnapper
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Pic 2 is Photoshopped, in my view.

Do you claim it is not? Source?

Sev
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM

How about posting a picture of your bottom toots???

LWW
08-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Don't ever say that again.

LWW
08-10-2011, 01:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You stay classy, LWW!

But why, if this is all so, did you put a Photoshopped pic in the mix? </div></div>

TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.jillsusan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/outrage.jpg
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME!</span> </div></div>

Soflasnapper
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I am defending no regime here, but common decency.

It is not manly to snipe at body shapes, but puerile and boorish. This is not a political issue, but one of good manners and taste. You didn't learn everything you needed to learn from kindegarten, evidently.

It's shame you bring upon yourself with such behavior, but we all know that already.

So, when in your bad behavior mode (all day, every day), you not only make an ill-advised and ultimately self-defeating attack on the First Lady's posterior (a major political issue for you, I'm guessing), but then constructively LIE about it as well, by using a 4x photoshopped exaggeration of said posterior.

When called on it, you decline to man up to your bad self and admit what you've done, and instead, go to your stale, tired go-to move (but with all new improved graphics! so there's that, at least).

Typical more bad faith posting from you-- congrats on your unblemished record in that regard. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif