PDA

View Full Version : Seminole Pro Tour

jjinfla
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Brackets are up; Live streaming has started (Appleton/Smith).

Earl must not have rubbed his lucky charms. He drew Dennis hatch. If he beats Dennis then he most likely will face Archer. If he beats Archer then most likely he will face Parica.
A veritable cakewalk.

jjinfla
08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, both Archer and Strickland won their matches so they play each other next.

I wonder how the brackets were filled. Looking at it I find it hard to believe that it was a pure random draw since none of the ABP players face each other in the first round. It looks to me like the ABP players were mostly placed in each pair (in the lower 32) and then the rest of the players randomly filled the pairs.

Darren Appleton and Corey Deuel should easily win their bracket of 16. Not too many top name players there.

Of course it is just a coincidence that Corey is sponsored by the Tribe.

Perhaps they filled the brackets this way so that they could get some good matches streamed early. But if they don't tell us who they are streaming then why sign up. I sure don't want to pay to watch any of the top 32 in the brackets.

jjinfla
08-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Corey lost to Bucky? Who is Bucky?

jjinfla
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
There is no joy in mudville - both Corey and Earl have lost and get to go home without any prize money. Therein lies the problem with professional billiards. Too many times top players do not get a payday. So why do they keep playing?

Will the ABP find a way to solve this travesty?

jjinfla
08-07-2011, 06:11 AM
I see that Parica is also out. Another top pro going home with zilch.