PDA

View Full Version : Houstonís biggest gathering on Saturday

Qtec
08-09-2011, 01:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Prayer Rally Dwarfed By Texans Who Flock To Nearby Convention Center, Desperate For Free School Supplies</span>

Houstonís biggest gathering on Saturday didnít see national television news crews. It didnít draw out protestors. It didnít spark its own Twitter handle. <span style='font-size: 14pt'> [And the event ó which attracted an estimated 100,0000 people to a convention center just seven miles down the road from Gov. Rick Perry (R) [ 35,000!!!! ]</span> and The Response prayer rally ó had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with Texas families struggling through hard economic times:

ďSome families camped out for hours to gain admittance into Houstonís first-ever, citywide back-to-school event at George R. Brown Convention Center, where free backpacks, school supplies, uniforms, <u>haircut vouchers, immunizations, and fresh produce </u>were provided.

Others were turned away.

ďIt was getting beyond capacity,Ē [Houstan Independent School District] spokesman Jason Spencer said. ďIf nothing else, it shows the need.Ē </div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/08/290973/prayer-rally-school-supplies/)

Perry should be ashamed of himself.

Q

LWW
08-09-2011, 02:09 AM
So it's now Rick Perry's fault that the demokrookk policies have smashed the US economy?

Qtec
08-09-2011, 03:08 AM
What I am saying is that a 100,000 'dead beat parents' queued for hours to get free school stuff for their kids and Perry,s solution is to pray!

Q

LWW
08-09-2011, 03:15 AM
What should his solution be to cure people of being dead beats?

eg8r
08-09-2011, 07:52 AM
What a fantastic event. My church is doing something similar in that we are giving away free school supplies to all the children the come on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It is great to see something like this on such a grand scale in Houston.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-11-2011, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it's now Rick Perry's fault that the demokrookk policies have smashed the US economy? </div></div>

Hey hey hey!

You're forgetting your talking points!

You're supposed to be bragging about the Texas economic miracle, how impervious it is to the nation's economic woes, and how much it shows Perry's brilliant leadership and Christian economic principles at work!

You mean none of that is true? NOW YOU TELL US!

LWW
08-12-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't use spoon fed talking points ... although I do understand that you are entirely befuddled by the idea that someone wouldn't.

LWW
08-12-2011, 01:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What should his solution be to cure people of being dead beats? </div></div>

No answer?

Soflasnapper
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't use spoon fed talking points ... although I do understand that you are entirely befuddled by the idea that someone wouldn't.

Funny you say that, considering that's all I see you doing.

You scour the net for talking points, and then put them on this board.

Then you respond in talking points to any criticism.

Perhaps there is some distinction between the 'spoon fed' talking points and OTHER talking points, that you hang this denial on?

LWW
08-17-2011, 02:29 AM
What a nit.

Gayle in MD
09-14-2011, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Prayer Rally Dwarfed By Texans Who Flock To Nearby Convention Center, Desperate For Free School Supplies</span>

Houstonís biggest gathering on Saturday didnít see national television news crews. It didnít draw out protestors. It didnít spark its own Twitter handle. <span style='font-size: 14pt'> [And the event ó which attracted an estimated 100,0000 people to a convention center just seven miles down the road from Gov. Rick Perry (R) [ 35,000!!!! ]</span> and The Response prayer rally ó had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with Texas families struggling through hard economic times:

ďSome families camped out for hours to gain admittance into Houstonís first-ever, citywide back-to-school event at George R. Brown Convention Center, where free backpacks, school supplies, uniforms, <u>haircut vouchers, immunizations, and fresh produce </u>were provided.

Others were turned away.

ďIt was getting beyond capacity,Ē [Houstan Independent School District] spokesman Jason Spencer said. ďIf nothing else, it shows the need.Ē </div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/08/290973/prayer-rally-school-supplies/)

Perry should be ashamed of himself.

Q </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>We must destroy Repiglican Fascism before it's too late! </span>