PDA

View Full Version : The far green agenda ...

LWW
08-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow ... just WOW! (http://www.alternet.org/environment/151918/do_we_need_a_militant_movement_to_save_the_planet_ %28and_ourselves%29/?page=entire)

From one of sheldumb's and charlotte's favorite sources:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Environmental groups are trying to build a critical mass around issues like global warming to inspire public action and encourage legislators to get their heads out of the sand. The Sierra Club is working to block new coal burning power plants, a new coalition is organizing actions against a tar sands pipeline, and folks in West Virginia are sitting in trees in an attempt to halt destructive strip mining. It's great work, but what if it's not enough? What if it's too little, too late? What if we never get enough mass for it to ever reach that critical point?

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>A new book called Deep Green Resistance, by Aric McBay, Lierre Keith and Derrick Jensen, says that we likely won't have enough people interested in saving the planet before we run out of time. So, they're calling for a change in strategy.</span> ...

They use words like "militant" and "resistance" a lot. And they critique the Left a lot. And they review the semantics of "violence." "I would urge the following distinctions," writes Keith, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"the violence of hierarchy vs. the violence of self-defense, violence against actual people vs. violence against property, and the violence as self-actualization vs. the violence of political resistance."</span>

And so how do we save the world (and along with it ourselves)? <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Well, naturally we take down industrial civilization, they say.</span> ...

So this taking down of civilization will not be easy, of course. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>But according to Jensen, Keith and McBay, it is necessary because no other response out there even comes close to matching the scale of the problem we face. And we can no longer afford to simply make personal changes to bike more and eat local. And we can no longer afford to be grieved by polluted rivers or angered by short-sighted politicians without doing everything we can to stop it.</span> ...

TL: Derrick, you wrote that all the people associated with the Gulf Spill should be executed. That's going a little beyond property destruction.

DJ: <span style='font-size: 11pt'>If I were to write that now, I would take out the word "all" and put in the word "many."</span> ...

TL : So what is your strategy for ending industrial civilization?

AM: I think the strategy is two-pronged. On one hand, we need to build up egalitarian communities, movements for democracy, local self-sufficiency, a lot of the things that progressives are trying to do right now, things like the Transition Town movements. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>But then, at the same time, we actually need to have another prong, and their job is to break things down, to break down the structures that are destroying the planet.</span> ...

DJ: ... <span style='font-size: 11pt'>I don't understand why it is even controversial to talk about dismantling industrial civilization</span> when it has shown itself for 6,000 years to be destroying the planet and to be systemically committing genocide. I mean this is not even a new idea.

LK: ... <span style='font-size: 11pt'>This is what we are facing now, and it does require a solution that is commensurate with the problem.</span> So all of this withdrawal into your own backyard garden is not in any way going to address the fact that the plankton are collapsing, and that is why <span style='font-size: 11pt'>we need a resistance, not a withdrawal. Personal solutions aren't political solutions, and it is only through political solutions that we can take apart the political institutions that are actually murdering our planet.</span> </div></div>

What's astounding is that most in the west see these lunatics as just harmless hippies living in a mud commune.

In reality, they are a western version of the Taliban ... seeking desperately to destroy modern civilization and send everyone hurtling back to the seventh century.

cushioncrawler
08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree with the greens. Drastik aktion iz needed.
We need an intelligent happy small population.
At prezent we hav the dark ages, full of ignorant pink-arsed apes.
mac.

Soflasnapper
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
mac, you are very pessimistic.

Accurate, perhaps, but pessimistic.

cushioncrawler
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I uzually say superstitious ignorant selfish pink-arsed apes.
Yes, destroy modern civilization -- and invent an intelligent civilization.
The prezent civilization iz destroying the earth, destroying the future.
mac.

Sev
08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Well Mac.

First thing we need to do is kill all the Muslims.
Then kill the other half of India.
Next. Exterminate the Chinese.

Thats about 3 billion down.

Then Kill all the Christians and Catholics. There goes another couple billion.

Next we need to do some serious ethnic cleansing in Africa. God awful place. It should be left to the animals.

Hey you know what?

Its looking like the only people that will be left are the Jews. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
08-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Us atheists aint saying nuthin.
mac.

But u dont havtabe an atheist -- i know of some Christians that are very green.
Anyhow, we must attack on all fronts. The main problem iz of course overpopulation.

LWW
08-12-2011, 02:05 AM
What's amazing is how many leftists do silently agree with worldwide extinction such as this.