PDA

View Full Version : Is it "BARRY" time yet?

LWW
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I have long said that when the regime gets totally desperate ... they will abandon "BARCK" in favor of "BARRY" as a last desperate step to make a radical statist palatable to the US public.

It may be that time as Barack Hussein Obama Junior has sank to his all time low level of public approval ... with no indication that a rebound is imminent.

This means that dear leader now only polls at 84% approval among the nutty 25%.

Since he still polls better in Rasmussen that Gallup, I suspect that the far left again prefers Rasmussen.

THIS (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll) does not bode well for dear leader.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 21% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22 (see trends).

That matches the lowest Approval Index rating for the president in 2011. </div></div>
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/august_2011/obama_approval_index_august_11_2011/495791-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_august_11_2011.jpg
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_total_approval_graphics/august_2011/obama_total_approval_august_11_2011/495794-1-eng-US/obama_total_approval_august_11_2011.jpg

jimmyg
08-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I still get confused as to why anyone, at all, can give him a positive approval rating. What accomplishments would a positive rating be based on?

Anyone have a list of his accomplishments? I can't think of one.

J

LWW
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still get confused as to why anyone, at all, can give him a positive approval rating. What accomplishments would a positive rating be based on?

J </div></div>

The nutty 25% approves of him because the party tells them that they approve of him.

The fact that roughly 1 in 6 of the nutty 25% is awakening is the end of dear leader's hopes.

Soflasnapper
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still get confused as to why anyone, at all, can give him a positive approval rating. What accomplishments would a positive rating be based on?

J </div></div>

Apparently, Obama made as many as 500 campaign promises during the past election season.

Normally, one measure of a presidency is how many of those promises were kept. There are any number of third parties keeping track of results, and then making a score, as to promises kept, promises broken, promises in the works, good faith attempts to fulfill the promises that failed in the end, etc.

Here's one such grading effort from PolitiFact. (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/) which see.

Or google campaign promises Obama, and pick any one you wish.

If, for example, he has a relatively strong record of actually fulfilling the campaign promises upon which he was elected, at say a 65% level (which would be among the highest percentages of campaign promises fulfilled in history), this might be itself thought a considerable accomplishment in its own right, along with the accomplishment of each of the stated promises.

If you are unaware of any of this, of course, it would seem that there are NO accomplishments, but that null result would be possible only by not looking for what is easily found.

jimmyg
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still get confused as to why anyone, at all, can give him a positive approval rating. What accomplishments would a positive rating be based on?

J </div></div>

Apparently, Obama made as many as 500 campaign promises during the past election season.

Normally, one measure of a presidency is how many of those promises were kept. There are any number of third parties keeping track of results, and then making a score, as to promises kept, promises broken, promises in the works, good faith attempts to fulfill the promises that failed in the end, etc.

Here's one such grading effort from PolitiFact. (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/) which see.

Or google campaign promises Obama, and pick any one you wish.

If, for example, he has a relatively strong record of actually fulfilling the campaign promises upon which he was elected, at say a 65% level (which would be among the highest percentages of campaign promises fulfilled in history), this might be itself thought a considerable accomplishment in its own right, along with the accomplishment of each of the stated promises.

If you are unaware of any of this, of course, it would seem that there are NO accomplishments, but that null result would be possible only by not looking for what is easily found. </div></div>

My mistake, I only searched for campaign promises broken. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

He is, in fact, just another Liar In Chief.

J

LWW
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
This has been discussed here before.

The consensus of opinion on the left is that Obama kept all the promises he intended to keep ... so he didn't lie.

Soflasnapper
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been discussed here before.

The consensus of opinion on the left is that Obama kept all the promises he intended to keep ... so he didn't lie. </div></div>

HA!

That's the CLAIM of ONE disaffected Democrat (not especially on the left) about CLINTON.

I've previously cited actual leftists bitterly complaining about what they say was promised that was not done. It's not hard to find, as it is all over the internet. Probably not on sites you go to, accounting for your skewed assessments.

Soflasnapper
08-11-2011, 05:43 PM
My mistake, I only searched for campaign promises broken. ;\)

He is, in fact, just another Liar In Chief.

Yes, entirely fair and balanced assessment. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

jimmyg
08-11-2011, 05:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been discussed here before.

The consensus of opinion on the left is that Obama kept all the promises he intended to keep ... so he didn't lie. </div></div>

I would think that a more effective and rational basis of giving one's "approval" rating to a president would be by his measurable successes, rather than "promises kept".

And, are the "promises kept" weighted by the importance to and good of the nation, or are they merely his personal favorites?

So, I will assume that there will be no list of his accomplishments? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

PS: I've never needed a public poll to tell me the direction our country is heading towards.

J

LWW
08-12-2011, 12:56 AM
You are a sensible man JG ... but look at it from the O-cult's POV.

If dear leader says he has been successful, then to them he has been successful.

He and his party took power on the premise that they would save us from the peril of 4.7% unemployment ... today 9% is considered success.

They promised us in 2006 they would cut the backbreaking deficit of $160B per year ... they increased in tenfold and claim it is success.

Dear leader promised to halve the deficit in his first term ... it doubled and they brag about his genius.