PDA

View Full Version : THE REAL DOWNTOWN

billy bob
09-18-2002, 11:16 PM
billy bob here, ya'all got a troubled boy here. down here we'ed jest take the little coward out back and whip his butt for lack of respect. the boy isn't jest short half a load of bricks, they forgot the mortar too. bless his kin they must be miserable. ya'all should just ignore the boy, he can't help him self. thought you'd like to see some of his worldly messages. your friend billy bob

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=23572& Search=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=d0wnt0wn&Match=Us ername&Searchpage=8&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=2347 6

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=23216& Search=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=d0wnt0wn&Match=Us ername&Searchpage=8&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=2283 0

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=26041& page=&view=&sb=&o=

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=26638& Search=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=d0wnt0wn&Match=Us ername&Searchpage=6&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=2631 7

Fran knows generally what the content of my posts are.. shes a big girl.. if she chooses not to open my posts she would likely save herself a little grief. That really goes to anyone else here too.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=35622& page=&view=&sb=&o=

my vote is trash...im good enoug at pool already... but my trash talk needs some work

09-19-2002, 12:30 AM
damnit now i got the damn beverly hill billies song stuck in my head

well this is a story about a man named billy
his mom and dad both suck on his willy
one day he was out, looking for some dude (to cornhole that is)
his sister walked right up to him, and said lets go home and get nude lalalalalalal
i think thats how it goes

hey billy bob you still going to family reunions to meet women??

jjinfla
09-19-2002, 06:24 AM
Hey Billy Bob, Downtown isn't so bad - when he remembers to take his medication. Jake

bluewolf
09-19-2002, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> damnit now i got the damn beverly hill billies song stuck in my head

his sister walked right up to him, and said lets go home and get nude lalalalalalal

hey billy bob you still going to family reunions to meet women?? <hr></blockquote>

obviously a poet .kinda crude but a poet nonetheless.

Laura

nAz
09-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Oh my gos thats funny sorry people that i had to reply to this and bring it to the top of the tread then force you read it rather then skip by it. BUT damn D/T is FUNNY!

billy bob
09-19-2002, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Oh my gos thats funny sorry people that i had to reply to this and bring it to the top of the tread then force you read it rather then skip by it. BUT damn D/T is FUNNY! <hr></blockquote>

well sonny boy i'll jest bring you to the top of the heap so the fine folks can see your sense of humor. so far the boy has 2 friends, any one else want to claim the sick pup?

nAz
09-19-2002, 01:56 PM
MY southern friend i consider DOWNTOWN ma boy! just like i do EVERYONE else here.

Doomsday Machine
09-19-2002, 05:11 PM
When Downtown started to post one of the most ridiculous things he said was that a good friend of his that played snooker quite well had taken up 14.1 and after 2 weeks of practice was able to run 100 BALLS !!! At the time I said that on a real 9 foot table with official pockets that I could not comprehend anyone able to do this after playing 14.1 for 2 weeks. I also said that I would give 10 to 1 odds $10,000 for $1,000 (U.S.) if Downtown and his friend would like to attempt this when they came to Vegas. Further, I said that he could set up the first break ball and the cueball where he wanted and I would give him several attempts to run 100 balls for the 10 to 1 payout.

He also went on for weeks and weeks as to how superior the Canadian players were to the U.S. players.

09-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Actually, for a pro-level Snooker player, I could very easily comprehend them running 100 balls in 14.1 after just a couple of weeks. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Doomsday Machine
09-19-2002, 06:35 PM
The problem with running 100 balls (7 complete racks + 2 balls) is that at some point one of the following will more than likely happen:

1. You will get a bad roll where after the break shot you will not have a shot.

2. You will get the wrong angle for your break shot where the cue ball may get too straight for you to get the cue ball into the pack to open it up properly.

3. There may be a cluster of balls that you have difficulty breaking up to continue the run.

14.1 is a game which requires experience because of the short list above. I think it would also be alot of pressure on someone that is unfamiliar with the game to know if he screws up at any point in running 7 racks that he will lose $1,000 and if he makes it to 100 he wins $10,000 !!! A strong snooker player (or any player for that matter) may be able to run 100 balls when he is practicing, but I don't think that it is the same when he is shooting for serious money and he has the chance to lose some of his own money. Does your game change if you go from playing for $10 to $100 per rack ??

09-19-2002, 06:44 PM
I am thinking of this in terms of a Snooker player who is a pro, has won multiple pro championships, has run multiple perfect games in his career (in competition), and has played and finished well in multiple World Championships. (Not thinking of anyone in particular, just putting an example out.)

Going from Snooker at that level to running 100 balls in 14.1 isn't a huge leap.

And I didn't mean that they could run 100 balls at any given time. Just that for it to happen once in their first two weeks of play, it would not surprise me. Not one bit. Now, if after two weeks, they were running 100 balls just about every time they stepped up to the table, THAT would surprise me! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Bob C
09-19-2002, 09:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> When Downtown started to post one of the most ridiculous things he said was that a good friend of his that played snooker quite well had taken up 14.1 and after 2 weeks of practice was able to run 100 BALLS !!! .
<hr></blockquote>

He ran 100 balls Canadian, equivalent to 26 balls American

09-19-2002, 10:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> When Downtown started to post one of the most ridiculous things he said was that a good friend of his that played snooker quite well had taken up 14.1 and after 2 weeks of practice was able to run 100 BALLS !!! At the time I said that on a real 9 foot table with official pockets that I could not comprehend anyone able to do this after playing 14.1 for 2 weeks. I also said that I would give 10 to 1 odds $10,000 for $1,000 (U.S.) if Downtown and his friend would like to attempt this when they came to Vegas. Further, I said that he could set up the first break ball and the cueball where he wanted and I would give him several attempts to run 100 balls for the 10 to 1 payout.

He also went on for weeks and weeks as to how superior the Canadian players were to the U.S. players.
<hr></blockquote>

I understand why Downtown can be so abrupt sometimes( with the overall mentality of this board) but my only bitch of him is that he gets a bit too 'crude' sometimes.

With that said, I remember the thread.You had offered him and his snooker friend(Glen H?) 10 to 1 on the money to run a hundred balls.Imo I think you should be glad that they did not take you up on your offer.I can see a very good snooker player running a 100 balls especially after two weeks of solid practicing.The playing skills are already there and with a couple of breaks ... anyway didn't seem so ridiculous to me.jmo BS

09-20-2002, 12:16 AM
doomsday shut up you fool.... we looked for you for weeks and weeks to take you up on that offer.. posting to you may times with no responce when you finally did show your face you completely backed down from your supposed offer. it is Glen Hopkinson that you are referring to and he DID run 126 balls on me after us playing for less than 2 weeks in his garage.... we made it very clear that it was on an 8 foot table with middle of the road pockets... we also explained to you that glen had not exclusively played snooker that he had played tons of 9-ball and 8-ball (Glen Placed 2nd in BCA a few years ago in the open) but 14.1 is not a game we play up here..... his ability as a cuesport player is nothing short of sensational among the amatuer ranks and if you dont believe what he accomplished simply becasue it took you 50 years to do the same thing then tough crap for you...... you were all talk when we tried to take you up on your offer and you are all talk now so shut your trap. (d0wnt0wn)

09-20-2002, 12:20 AM
im sure we would still take you up on your offer if it were still available doomsday (d0wnt0wn)

(lets put our money where our mouths are)

09-20-2002, 12:23 AM
Glen didnt just run em... he ran em very easily.... he had had 1/2 dozen totals in the high 70's to 90 range before he hit the hundred mark and we are not talking about 4-5-6 hours a day either we were doing this for maybe 2 hours a day. btw my best was only about 38 or so in this time I just couldnt get the hang of setting up for the break-out like glen could.

bluewolf
09-20-2002, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Oh my gos thats funny sorry people that i had to reply to this and bring it to the top of the tread then force you read it rather then skip by it. BUT damn D/T is FUNNY! <hr></blockquote>

sometimes dt is funny but here of late, apparently many thought he went over the top. folks must have complained. i wonder if he is kicked off temp or permanent. i do see him posting anonymous, however.

bw

nAz
09-20-2002, 11:29 AM
he is on but spells his name with zeros instead of the letter O

bluewolf
09-20-2002, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> he is on but spells his name with zeros instead of the letter O <hr></blockquote>

are you saying the anonymous user signing as downtown is not him?

Laura

nAz
09-20-2002, 11:45 AM
No im not that may be him,he might be doing both.
wierd ever since they baned IPs you have more anon. out there wonder why

bluewolf
09-20-2002, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> No im not that may be him,he might be doing both.
wierd ever since they baned IPs you have more anon. out there wonder why <hr></blockquote>

yeah and it seems they are saying more below the belt stuff.i dont want to leave here. i like everybody here even if they dont all like me.

bw

billy bob
09-20-2002, 05:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> damnit now i got the damn beverly hill billies song stuck in my head

hey billy bob you still going to family reunions to meet women?? <hr></blockquote>

ya see folks jest like i said, the boy has problems. can't defend his self without use of body parts and crude comments. he jest has a one track mind and it's skippin a bit. ya know like the records stuck.

billy bob says, if you play pool your my friend, with some exceptions