PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go HMMMM ...

LWW
08-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Why is it that so many leftists believe that those who think Obama is god are sane, while also thinking that those who believe in a God other than Obama are insane?

Soflasnapper
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
So many as what number, you're claiming?

Can you name 5 or 6, for starters?

You can find SOME people saying anything, I suppose.

But is a tiny handful of such persons really representative of anything but the motley assortment of crazed opinions that abound in irrational people?

cushioncrawler
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
It iz surprizing to us down here that theusofa kood ever hav such an intelligent prez. Surprizing partly koz there aint many intelligent politicians in theusofa, and partly koz of the demokratik system, i mean koz there aint many smart pipple in theusofa.

But i wouldnt giv Obama 10 out of 10, koz he duznt know how bad krappynomix iz.
mac.

LWW
08-12-2011, 04:59 PM
This has been discussed before ... you can continue to ignore the numerous instances given as you are wont to do.

But, as for here, you ... aitch ... snoopy ... stench ... charlotte ... all see Obama as a godking.

Please, don't insult me by denying it.

Soflasnapper
08-12-2011, 05:52 PM
But, as for here, you ... aitch ... snoopy ... stench ... charlotte ... all see Obama as a godking.

A) I have no idea what a godking is, but a fairly firm opinion that no human is that, whatever you mean by it.

B) I have repeatedly called Obama the creature of his Wall Street benefactors (whom I regard as constructively evil), and a list of criticisms I would deem wholly accurate of him would stretch several pages of single-spaced type.

C) I contribute money to the Democrats, and have never sent the man a dime or any other amount of money.

Since all these things above are true, consider yourself insulted, I guess you call it. I'd say, corrected.

Stretch
08-13-2011, 01:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But, as for here, you ... aitch ... snoopy ... stench ... charlotte ... all see Obama as a godking.

A) I have no idea what a godking is, but a fairly firm opinion that no human is that, whatever you mean by it.

B) I have repeatedly called Obama the creature of his Wall Street benefactors (whom I regard as constructively evil), and a list of criticisms I would deem wholly accurate of him would stretch several pages of single-spaced type.

C) I contribute money to the Democrats, and have never sent the man a dime or any other amount of money.

Since all these things above are true, consider yourself insulted, I guess you call it. I'd say, corrected. </div></div>

The REAL problem here is that LWW's blind hatred of Obama has unhinged his rational mind. Either that, or he's the illegitimate child of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. St.

LWW
08-13-2011, 04:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is half man half God.</div></div>

LWW
08-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Shall I dredge up the 2008 quotes where aitch saw Obama's face in the shroud or Turin ... or where when he went to vote for Hillary and was possessed by the spirit of Obama ... or where Pelosi said Obama was a leader sent by God ... or where Farakhan called him the messiah ...

LWW
08-13-2011, 05:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So many as what number, you're claiming?

Can you name 5 or 6, for starters?

You can find SOME people saying anything, I suppose.

But is a tiny handful of such persons really representative of anything but the motley assortment of crazed opinions that abound in irrational people? </div></div>

http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/Obama/godofallthings.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/SRfcD0D9EEI/AAAAAAAAAPk/st4bPpwdVvs/s400/Obamacampaignposter1.jpg
From Obama's Lake City, Fl campaign HQ

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/S54_pyUTPjI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/GxYX7PvyKgA/s400/14baker01-articleLarge.jpg
Above photo from the reich wing New York Times

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/SzrncHl4E4I/AAAAAAAAAh4/nRaVVfm-8zg/s320/610x.jpg
Above photo from the reich wing Reuters

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/SqHZ-sq_4pI/AAAAAAAAAeg/JuA_A9EKHx0/s400/barack_halo_whitehouse.jpg
The above is an official White House photo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/SaOxU0BjbcI/AAAAAAAAAY0/7Rm6kFtJA0k/s400/obamamessiah.jpg
The above photo is from the reich wing Associated Press

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WkA8USJcfPw/SZDo3Lv8D1I/AAAAAAAAAWY/Z1zo_SzAaGs/s400/obama_halo.jpg
The above photo is from the reich wing Associated Press

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."</span>

-- Barack Obama

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD. He's going to bring all different sides together."</span>

-- Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." </span>

-- Chris Matthews

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."</span>

-- Bill Rush

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."</span>

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"</span>

-- Daily Kos

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."</span>

-- Oprah Winfrey

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."</span>

-- Ezra Klein

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."</span>

--Lawrence Carter

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."</span>

-- Dinesh Sharma

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"</span>

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."</span>

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"</span>

-- Mark Morford

Anything else I can help you with?

Stretch
08-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for proving me right by proving nothing. Now grab a hanky, i hate seeing you cry like a disgraced televangelist. St.

LWW
08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
It's very difficult for me to dumb things down sufficiently for someone, such as yourself, who looks at shoelaces and goes HMMMM?

Stretch
08-13-2011, 09:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's very difficult for me to dumb things down sufficiently for someone, such as yourself, who looks at shoelaces and goes HMMMM? </div></div>

With a little honesty all things become possible. Unfortunately, you missed the boat. St.

Soflasnapper
08-13-2011, 11:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shall I dredge up the 2008 quotes where aitch saw Obama's face in the shroud or Turin ... or where when he went to vote for Hillary and was possessed by the spirit of Obama ... or where Pelosi said Obama was a leader sent by God ... or where Farakhan called him the messiah ... </div></div>

You said these people considered O a godking, but thought any other belief in any other God was insane.

If people are on record saying O was 'sent by God,' while I think that is foolish, it IS the position of many Christians about all our leaders (as it was equally said, or even more said, of W, who had his own hagiographically posed photos from these exact same sources by the way), THIS MEANS ON ITS FACE THAT THEY DO NOT THINK ANY MENTION OF GOD IS INSANE.

So, while you've shown some silly and overheated hagiography for O, none of it shows atheism or even agnosticism about the real God.

NONE OF IT AT ALL.

And none of what you cite shows me doing any of what you said I did, as part of a group doing what you said was done.

Hint: when you say TWO things are true, it doesn't much prove your case to show only ONE of the things are true, omitting any showing that the second thing is also true.

LWW
08-13-2011, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it IS the position of many Christians about all our leaders (as it was equally said, or even more said, of W, who had his own hagiographically posed photos from these exact same sources by the way) </div></div>

Then you shouldn't any issue showing the Bush White House photos displaying Bush as Christlike ... or Dennis Hastert claiming Bush was a leader sent by God ... or FOX NEWS program anchors claiming Bush was like God ... but ... what's that ... you can't?

jimmyg
08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Humpty Dumpty: 'When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.'

Alice: 'The question is, whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

Humpty Dumpty: 'The question is which is to be master - that's all.'

J

LWW
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Well stated.

Soflasnapper
08-16-2011, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it IS the position of many Christians about all our leaders (as it was equally said, or even more said, of W, who had his own hagiographically posed photos from these exact same sources by the way) </div></div>

Then you shouldn't any issue showing the Bush White House photos displaying Bush as Christlike ... or Dennis Hastert claiming Bush was a leader sent by God ... or FOX NEWS program anchors claiming Bush was like God ... but ... what's that ... you can't? </div></div>

Not just Bush supporters, but Bush and his own family as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'> Heaven Sent?</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The President's supporters have repeatedly implied that God was partly responsible for Bush's election</span>

BY: Steven Waldman

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Politics/2004/09/Heaven-Sent.aspx#ixzz1VErwYnDn

</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Yet it's hard to recall another instance of a presidential campaign so confidently promulgating the idea that its candidate had divine endorsement. The potentially dangerous implication is that since God put George W. Bush in the White House, opposing him is opposing Him. A person could get smited for that. </span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But while Bush's official comments about faith have been mostly within the mainstream tradition of presidential rhetoric, his supporters lately have gone in a less-familiar direction: conveying the idea that God is responsible for Bush being in the White House.

"He is one of those men God and fate somehow lead to the fore in times of challenge," said George Pataki in the high-profile introduction of Bush at the Republican National Convention, an introduction almost certainly scrubbed if not written by the White House.

"I thank God that on September 11th we had a president who didn't wring his hands and wonder what America had done wrong to deserve this attack," he added. "I thank God we had a president who understood that America was attacked, not for what we had done wrong, but for what we did right."

If he'd said "thank God" just once we might have concluded this was simply colloquial usage-a dramatic way of saying, "It's a darn good thing." That the man introducing Bush thanked God three times makes it suspicious, even more so given these lines from Rudy Giuliani's speech two nights earlier: "Spontaneously, I grabbed the arm of then Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik and said to Bernie, 'Thank God George Bush is our president.' And," to reinforce the point, Giuliani added, "And I say it again tonight: Thank God George Bush is our president."

Perhaps Pataki and Giuliani snuck in all those "thank Gods" without the Bush campaign noticing. Not likely. William Smith, a Republican political consultant who used to work with Karl Rove, says, "Having been there and worked with Karl, there's not a phrase or comma by anyone-down to the cleanup crew-that he didn't write or approve."

This is not the first time it's been suggested that God deserves thanks for the 2000 election results. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Several sympathetic books about Bush and his faith make a big deal of his deciding to run for president after hearing a Texas minister named Rev. Mark Craig preach about how Moses had been called to service by God. Bush's mother reportedly turned to her son after the sermon and said, "He was talking to you."</span>

Stephen Mansfield, author of The Faith of George W. Bush, goes on to say: "Not long after, Bush called James Robison (a prominent minister) and told him, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>'I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for President.' </span>" Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention heard Bush say something similar: "Among the things he said to us was, 'I believe God wants me to be President, but if that doesn't happen, it's OK.'"

After 9/11, the sense among his supporters that God had chosen him increased. "I think that God picked the right man at the right time for the right purpose," said popular Christian broadcaster Janet Parshall. Gen. William "Jerry" Boykin, who got in trouble for derogatory comments about Islam, argued that it must have been God who selected Bush, since a plurality of voters hadn't. "Why is this man in the White House? The majority of America did not vote for him. He's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this." (Boykin still has his job.)

Time magazine reported, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Privately, Bush talked of being chosen by the grace of God to lead at that moment."</span> World Magazine, a conservative Christian publication, quoted White House official Tim Goeglein as saying, "I think President Bush is God's man at this hour, and I say this with a great sense of humility."

Even former President George H.W. Bush speculated that perhaps he needed to be defeated so that his son could become president: "If I'd won that election in 1992, my oldest son would not be president of the United States of America," he said. "I think the Lord works in mysterious ways."

Are the White House and the Bush campaign actively encouraging the idea that Bush has been put there by God? Bush has been careful never to say anything close to that in public. And yet the combination of passages in carefully vetted speeches and quotes from close friends or supporters indicate that this is the understanding.

In one sense, it's not surprising that some people believe this. Many, if not most, Americans believe that God intervenes in the lives of humans. If that weren't the case, prayer might be considered superfluous, meaningless. If God intervenes in the affairs of ordinary humans who pray for recovery from illness or a better job, it only stands to reason that He would control something as consequential as an American presidency.

Other presidents certainly believed that God was guiding America's fate. James Madison referred to the "Almighty Being whose power regulates the destiny of nations." Andrew Jackson beseeched that "He will continue to make our beloved country the object of His divine care and gracious benediction." Even Thomas Jefferson, considered a Deist, said it was the Supreme Being "who led our fathers, as Israel of old, from their native land and ... who has covered our infancy with His providence and our riper years with his wisdom and power."

Yet it's hard to recall another instance of a presidential campaign so confidently promulgating the idea that its candidate had divine endorsement. The potentially dangerous implication is that since God put George W. Bush in the White House, opposing him is opposing Him. A person could get smited for that.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Politics/2004/09/Heaven-Sent.aspx#ixzz1VErbQCXW
</div></div>

LWW
08-17-2011, 02:38 AM
It took you 3 days to come up with something that incredibly lame?

LWW
08-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Where are these White House photos showing Bush in a messianic light ... where are the photos of a Bush campaign HQ claiming him to be God ... where are the magazine covers claiming him to be God ... where are the FOX NEWS clips claiming him to be like God ... where are people claiming to have seen Bush in the Shroud of Turin ... where?

You have sworn these things exist ... and <u><span style='font-size: 11pt'>THAT</span></u> is what you present?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>JUMPING BUTTERBALLS</span> ... that is simply amazing.

Qtec
08-17-2011, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that so many leftists believe that those who think Obama is god are sane, while also thinking that those who believe in a God other than Obama are insane? </div></div>

This is typical for you. You have no idea how a Dem Soc thinks, its beyond your comprehension.
You always start out with a false assumption because you are incapable of listening.

Q

jimmyg
08-17-2011, 10:30 AM
I love this example, cultlike and, well, for the adults...almost orgastic....really sick.IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSqL9_mfM

jimmyg
08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
This one is even more interesting....actually scary revealing. IMO. J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=_vxJD3az3nk

Soflasnapper
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are these White House photos showing Bush in a messianic light ... where are the photos of a Bush campaign HQ claiming him to be God ... where are the magazine covers claiming him to be God ... where are the FOX NEWS clips claiming him to be like God ... where are people claiming to have seen Bush in the Shroud of Turin ... where?

You have sworn these things exist ... and <u><span style='font-size: 11pt'>THAT</span></u> is what you present?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>JUMPING BUTTERBALLS</span> ... that is simply amazing. </div></div>

Bush with his own halo! (http://media3.picsearch.com/is?uIxE4o69dv7z3-peHulk1etcAfOqjlch7zZD0mysEf0)

You, perhaps, have sworn that I have sworn these things, but I have never done that. You are arguing with yourself, pretending people have sworn things they never said.

I should think evidence that Bush himself pushed the thought that God sent him, that his mother is on record stating that same thing, that WHEN HE WAS INTRODUCED AT HIS NOMINATION CONVENTION, Rudy and Pataki thanked God he had been sent, Gen. Boykin, heading up a key command, openly said Bush had been chosen by God even though he didn't win the election, and etc., are ample reasons to say that Bush supporters held the same views as those you say O supporters do.

It's actually more the case with W, since it is HIM, his FAMILY, his NOMINATING CONVENTION, saying these things, not only persons far removed from the person (although those existed for W as well).

BTW, neither W or O supporters thinking these things considered either man a god, or a king. It's just that they considered their PRESIDENCIES a function of providence, a far different concept. Many Christians think God puts the leaders in place, which neither makes them gods nor kings, nor a a king put in place by God, but whatever their leadership position is-- in this case, president.

LWW
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Ever wonder where that photo came from? (http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/P/Y/bush_halo.jpg)

Obviously not.

Soflasnapper
08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
That isn't where I got it, nor where I saw it originally, but believe what you want.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that so many leftists believe that those who think Obama is god are sane, while also thinking that those who believe in a God other than Obama are insane? </div></div>

This is typical for you. You have no idea how a Dem Soc thinks, its beyond your comprehension.
You always start out with a false assumption because you are incapable of listening.

Q </div></div>

He's a sicko, period.

Lies. Lies. Lies. That's all he ever has.

I cannot recall ANY democratic candidate EVER saying that GOD told him to run for office, can you?

There may be one, but I've never seen it.

This idiot isn't worth reading his Bull!

He is a PROVEN LIAR! He creates a false premise, and then proceeds to claim proof of his false premise, proof in his mind only.

A narcissist cannot determine the difference between his reality, annd THE reality, he thinks they are one in the same.

I've never encountered a more unstable, vicious individual in my life, other than his friend from NC, a close second.

Repiglicans need people like this nutjob, since everything they stand for, is dishonest, and a con job.

We've all written here that we don't approve of everything about President Obama, I for one, would like to see him operate more like a LIBERAL, and stop trying to compromise with the unGodly right wing in this country.

I would like to have seen the Democratics impeach Bush and charge both Bush and Cheney with treason! They surely committed it more than once, just following the money proves it, their former and their own families being in bed with terrorist nations, and both their own corporations having made multi- billions off their no bid contracts for their phony war in Iraq, for the OIL INDUSTRY.

This thread is nothing but yet another of LWW's sicko lies.

He's not worthy of our attention. People as grossly ignorant, and intentionally vicious as he is, deserve to be ignored.

No sane person thinks as he does, and 19,633 posts on this forum, in under four years, all of them total BULL****, demonstrates plenty of proof of that fact.

Delusional, to say the least.

When George Bush made that video, looking around under the furniture in the Oval Office, supposedly for the WMD's that HE HIMSELF LIED ABOUT, (Had to remove those sixteen words from the SOTUA, because he LIED) while our troops were dying on the battlefield in Iraq, wearing infit equipment, in unfit vehicles, dying because Bush and Cheney willfully lied us into a war for his OIL CRONIES, annd his personal grudge against Saddam, I knew this country would never be the honorable country it had been before the Christian Coalition of con artists, joined forces with the corrupt Repiglican Party of LIARS and GREEDY PIGS, Conservatives Without Conscience:

We all said Bush would destroy this country. We were RIGHT!

This FACT is why the right hates Liberals, we were right, and they were made total fools of by their own RW crooks, Neoconned beyond belief.

Yet, even as it became painfully clear that Bush/Cheney/Rice/Rumsfeld lied us into an illegal war in Iraq, and forgot all about bin Laden, the son of their crony Saudi Arabian business associates, who financed 9/11, they were not patriotic enough to stand up for our soldiers, and their needs and safety.

PIGS!

The Rw attacks and insulte on this forum, are proof of their own illness, they cannot grasp reality, because it is so indicative of their own gross ignorance, and proof that they were conned by the Neocons.

Idiots!

LWW is a PROVEN LIAR, period.

G.

LWW
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't where I got it, nor where I saw it originally, but believe what you want.

</div></div>

I didn't say that you did ... I said that it originated as a joke, where my photo of Obama originated in the White House.

I'm waiting for your examples ... not that I expect to ever see any.

LWW
08-19-2011, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot recall ANY democratic candidate EVER saying that GOD told him to run for office, can you?

G. </div></div>

http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/bagnews/images/Obama-faith-1-1.jpg

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't where I got it, nor where I saw it originally, but believe what you want.

</div></div>

I didn't say that you did ... I said that it originated as a joke, where my photo of Obama originated in the White House.

I'm waiting for your examples ... not that I expect to ever see any. </div></div>

Plenty of other halos for W here. (http://www.thebereanchronicles.com/indepth_news/president_bush/bush_halos.html)

Since many of these halos are the somewhat obscured seal of the POTUS, they would appear to be official WH photos.

If not, then they are press photographers setting up these halo pics on their own initiative.

I especially like the one where he has a huge cross in the background, the legend "LORD" (possibly saying Lord of Lords, but not clear), and then a celestial crown (of Jesus, presumably) directly over W's head.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't where I got it, nor where I saw it originally, but believe what you want.

</div></div>

I'm waiting for your examples ... not that I expect to ever see any. </div></div>

Plenty of other halos for W here. (http://www.thebereanchronicles.com/indepth_news/president_bush/bush_halos.html)

Since many of these halos are the somewhat obscured seal of the POTUS, they would appear to be official WH photos.

If not, then they are press photographers setting up these halo pics on their own initiative.

I especially like the one where he has a huge cross in the background, the legend "LORD" (possibly saying Lord of Lords, but not clear), and then a celestial crown (of Jesus, presumably) directly over W's head. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Like I said, his game is to promote a lie, and then declare himself brilliant, while the rest of us laugh about what a total kook he is.

19,648 post of total BS, in under four years! Never does twenty-four hours pass, without him Bah Bah Bahing the latest Repiglican Party lie, but all but the radical RWer, LWW, are partisan off the spoon feeders!

BWA HA HA HA, what a crock!

Trolling radical RW websites full of ****, does not an informed American, make.

NUTS~!

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Here's a report that these photos are posed by the W WH or publicists:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> George W. Bush

James Donahue, in his article Herding the Sheep: Using Images Of Bush To Manipulate The Minds Of Voters, asks "Have you noticed the halos and orbs around the head of President George W. Bush in recent press pictures? ... You probably haven't because things like that are designed to be seen by the subconscious mind. And genius Karl Rove, the guy whose job is to make our president look good all of the time, knows just what buttons to push to keep his man in the White House."

"One of the more sickening tricks, and most obvious," he writes, "are the pictures emanating from the president's public relations office. Some of them are portrayed on this page for the readers to inspect. If you look at them closely, you realize that they are not accidental. They are staged and Mr. Bush is posing for them."

As he mentions, Donahue's article is accompanied by three photographs of Bush. Heading the article is one where the Great Seal of the United States appears as a golden halo encircling the President's head while he orates from the podium. The second, in the lower right-hand corner of the article, shows Bush with head bowed (in prayer?) and glowing in a fuzzy bright golden halo against a solid dark background.

Note: Photograph has been identified as taken October 13/14, 2003, by the Associated Press.[1] <span style='font-size: 14pt'>[note, that is the picture I first linked to with the halo. AP PRESS PHOTO]</span> One caption editorializes: "This means that the more than fifty percent of Americans who consider themselves 'born-agains' can rest assured that the U.S.-led War on Terrorâ?¢ is, in fact, a mission from God. Or His son, at least." Another states that the photo is "straight out of Catholic iconography."

However, says Donahue, "The picture of Bush posing before a lighted cross, under a crown and the word LORD is probably the most pretentious of the lot."

"Why," he asks, "would someone as elevated in office as our president stoop to such trickery? There is good reason. ... As writers Renee T. Louise and Ruth M. Sprague explained it: 'Television and movies have made us a nation, nay, a world that substitutes pictures for fact. We make stars of actors and heroes of those whose heroism exists only in their publicity releases. ... Every day we are shown pictures that the White House Republicans uses to influence our vote. A carefully constructed news item is released to the media knowing full well the pictures the TV outlets will run with it,' Louise and Sprague said."

Paul Martin Lester says that, "With digital hegemony, visual messages have reasserted their position as an important communication medium, but at the cost of not recognizing the combination of words and pictures as vital in communication." Unfortunaely, what is missing in Donahue's article is the context of the photographs and any text which might have accompanied them.

And, if web bloggers' reactions are any measure of the "success" of Bush's saintly photo ops, "disgusting", "disgraceful", "dispictable" "sacrilegious" and words to that effect top the list.</div></div>

Article quoted from. (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Photographic_manipulation)

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
"Rationality is out of style, and fanaticism is the new normal."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Link to AP photo page showing two W halo pics. (http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=k&remem=x&cfas=__p&kw=george+w.+bush+October+2003&kwstyle=or&intv=&sh=10&prds=10092&dteaf=10%2F13%2F2003&dtebf=10%2F15%2F2003&PERSON_FEATURED_NAME=george+w.+bush&TITLE=&SOURCE=&sort=date&PHOTOGRAPHER_NAME=&rids=&city=&state%3Astatename=&phototype=&country%3Acountryname=&colorspace=&cfas=-1)

Taken 10/13/2003. One of them is the first pic I showed earliest in the above thread. Another similar one was taken at that same time evidently, with a slightly different halo-look from the seal behind W's head.

Link to a larger AP pic view of this, with the caption that accompanied it in the original AP publication. (http://www.apimages.com/OneUp.aspx?st=k&kw=george%20w.%20bush%20October%202003&showact=results&sort=date&prds=10092&cfas=__p%2C-1&sh=10&dtebf=10%2F15%2F2003&dteaf=10%2F13%2F2003&kwstyle=or&adte=1313775730&pagez=60&cfasstyle=AND&PERSON_FEATURED_NAME=george%20w.%20bush&rids=05871a2cbbe5da11af9f0014c2589dfb&dbm=PY2003&page=1&xslt=1&mediatype=Photo)

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't where I got it, nor where I saw it originally, but believe what you want.

</div></div>

Considering it's now been shown to have been an AP photo, not originated as a joke at all, and other examples have been shown, I guess now would be the time for you <s>to admit your error</s>, <s>to put on a show</s>, to deflect the issue (there, I've fixed that).

LWW
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
The last time I checked ... AP was not the Bush White House, or even a Bush supporter.

Let's review:

1 - I made a claim.

2 - You disputed said claim and asked for 5 or 6 examples.

3 - I provided around 20.

4 - You responded with some lame variation of B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-B-B0000SH!!!!

5 - I asked for one example.

6 - you provided deflection.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that so many leftists believe that those who think Obama is god are sane, while also thinking that those who believe in a God other than Obama are insane? </div></div>

Q </div></div>

The Wizard of Oz is 72 years old this month. Nowadays if Dorothy were to encounter men with no brains, no hearts, and no balls, she wouldn't be in Oz. She would be in congress.

Got this from Wolf today, lol.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Revisionist history always works best some time after the events have transpired, so as to ensure people don't remember what they've seen just in the past day or two.

Your creative version of events is.... creative.

Do you think the AP photographer posed W this way himself or herself? Do you think it was an accident? It was an official event for the president. The AP photographer was given this setup by the WH flacks, and shot it the way they'd posed it. In two different poses.

When I provided this picture, you said it came from a comedy site, and originated as a joke.

Now that your claim has been shredded, and the picture(s) clearly originated in a WH event where the AP photographer was given this pose setup by the WH, you say I provided a deflection?

That is the deflection* I predicted, although worse than I expected. You are truly slipping on your deflection skills.

*I guess now would be the time for you <s>to admit your error</s>, <s>to put on a show</s>, to deflect the issue (there, I've fixed that).

(Should have put on the show.)

LWW
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Dance some more for us.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I apologize for omitting yet another option:

You could have gone for the ultimate cheer!

SNL's Spartan cheerleaders. (http://www.fanpop.com/spots/saturday-night-live/videos/787835/title/spartan-cheerleaders)

LWW
08-20-2011, 05:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since many of these halos are the somewhat obscured seal of the POTUS, they would appear to be official WH photos.</div></div>

Yet according to the embedded metadata they are not ... in fact they contain no data whatsoever, leading me to believe they are amateur jobs that wanted to leave no trail since they are probably cobbled together from multiple copyrighted photos.

LWW
08-20-2011, 05:19 AM
[quote=Soflasnapper]Here's a report that these photos are posed by the W WH or publicists:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> George W. Bush

blah blah blah spoon fed jibber jabber[/url]

</div></div>

Did you read the link you posted:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note: Photograph has been identified as taken October 13/14, 2003, by the Associated Press.[1] One caption editorializes: "This means that the more than fifty percent of Americans who consider themselves 'born-agains' can rest assured that the U.S.-led War on Terrorâ?¢ is, in fact, a mission from God. Or His son, at least." Another states that the photo is "straight out of Catholic iconography." </div></div>

So ... again ... you have shown something that is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>NOT</span> what you claim.

LWW
08-20-2011, 05:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize for omitting yet another option:

You could have gone for the ultimate cheer!

SNL's Spartan cheerleaders. (http://www.fanpop.com/spots/saturday-night-live/videos/787835/title/spartan-cheerleaders) </div></div>

Which one are you?

Soflasnapper
08-20-2011, 10:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since many of these halos are the somewhat obscured seal of the POTUS, they would appear to be official WH photos.</div></div>

Yet according to the embedded metadata they are not ... in fact they contain no data whatsoever, leading me to believe they are amateur jobs that wanted to leave no trail since they are probably cobbled together from multiple copyrighted photos. </div></div>

The two from AP appear directly on the AP photo site, carry AP identification numbers, and are available for purchase from AP.

They were taken by the AP photographer at an official WH event.

They use the presidential seal as the halo. An AP photographer is told where to stand when he takes pictures at these events.

Soflasnapper
08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Soflasnapper]Here's a report that these photos are posed by the W WH or publicists:

blah blah blah spoon fed jibber jabber[/url]

</div></div>

Did you read the link you posted:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note: Photograph has been identified as taken October 13/14, 2003, by the Associated Press.[1] One caption editorializes: "This means that the more than fifty percent of Americans who consider themselves 'born-agains' can rest assured that the U.S.-led War on Terrorâ?¢ is, in fact, a mission from God. Or His son, at least." Another states that the photo is "straight out of Catholic iconography." </div></div>

So ... again ... you have shown something that is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>NOT</span> what you claim.

</div></div>

Yes, the AP photo was reproduced and shown on various sites, and those sites captioned it differently from the AP caption, which I provided a link to show. The AP caption was a small paragraph length description of the scene the two photos came from, an official WH event with the president. And it shows up on their site as having been taken the day in question.

LWW
08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Sorry ... but this was your claim:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"it IS the position of many Christians about all our leaders (as it was equally said, or even more said, of W, who had his own hagiographically posed photos from these exact same sources by the way)"</span>

Not that the AP took Obama's photo ... but the White House itself staged and took the photo.

And, again, you are lamely attacking a single instance that I sighted and acting as if that lameness negates not only the point it is lamely dismissing ... but every other point as well.

Man up ... there <span style='font-size: 11pt'>IS</span> an O-cult ... there <span style='font-size: 11pt'>ARE</span> Obamatrons.

Acting as if you can't see them does not make them cease to exist.