PDA

View Full Version : Corey Deuel the next Earl Strickland?

jjinfla
08-12-2011, 06:39 AM
I was watching the match between Mike Dechaine and Corey Deuel and Corey was breaking using a bridge. How long has he been doing this? Just a gimmick? Or does it aid him? I doubt if anyone else will use a bridge when they are breaking.

Will the rules committee ban this like they banned Earl's use of extended fingers?

08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Corey has been doing this for a long time.

Years ago, I remember Corey doing this against Jarrod Clowery. Back then, Corey used the bride for every shot. It was weird. In fact, prolly the first time Corey did this in a major tournament. It was kinda funny; Jarrod had this weird look on his face, almost like he just saw a dog and cat, walking down the road in a tux & bridal gown!

Eric >no idea why Corey does this

Fran Crimi
08-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't think World Standardized Rules would accept this. Equipment is supposed to be used for the purpose for which it was intended. You can't chalk up the back end of a cue and hit balls with it and you probably can't use a bridge for shots that you can obviously reach.

Rich R.
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think World Standardized Rules would accept this. Equipment is supposed to be used for the purpose for which it was intended. You can't chalk up the back end of a cue and hit balls with it and you probably can't use a bridge for shots that you can obviously reach. </div></div>
Is there something in the rules that would prohibit the use of a bridge on every shot?
If there is nothing saying you definitely can't use a bridge, a legal piece of equipment, on every shot, how can it be illegal?
I'm getting so confused. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

jjinfla
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Of course it could also be to put the focus on Corey and get people to talk about him and what he did. And the announcers were talking about it and then did mention that he was sponsored by Capone's and the Seminole Tribe. So maybe that was what Corey wanted.

Since Corey is a member of the ABP, and the ABP, according to Archer, will be instituting a decorum and rules of conduct for their members, it will be up to them to decide if this is proper or not.

Speaking of Archer, I see that he has finally purchased a computer and just learned how to turn it on. No wonder you never see him on any message board. I can't imagine being without a computer in this day and age.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I'd be surprized if Cory did this during a tournament match.
I've seen him use it while gambling as a handicap. Seems to work for him and his opponent.