PDA

View Full Version : The plunging locomotive of equality ...

LWW
08-13-2011, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few days ago, someone asked me whether any of the Republican presidential contenders could lead the country to salvation. My answer was an immediate and unequivocal no.

This is not to disparage any of the contenders, who in normal times might very well be capable of steering the ship of state. But we now find ourselves in extraordinary circumstances, and a radically different set of qualifications is needed.

Numerous metaphors have circulated to describe the existential crisis of the West. One of the most picturesque is the runaway locomotive heading full-speed for the cliff. I would add my own little tweak to this image, in order to endow it with full accuracy: The locomotive has already jumped the cliff. We are plunging into the ravine.

If any proof of this is still needed, the events of the last few months should suffice. In fields too numerous to mention, the government and “elites” of the Western countries have been raining ruin and destruction upon the heads of their people. The recent move by Congress and the President to drag the country into now irreversible financial collapse is only the most spectacular scene in this disaster film, a production so appalling and grotesque that no work of fiction could match it.

Only a leader who is fully cognizant of this reality, and operates within its constraints, will be capable of restoring a modicum of health to our dysfunctional society. This eventuality, however, is still out on the horizon. It does not yet belong to our current political constellation.

A Romney, or a Perry, or a Bachmann, if placed into the cab of our plunging locomotive, would instinctively grasp at the levers, attempting to slow the wreck. This, in essence, has been the standard conservative response to the mayhem and destruction sown by the Left. The basic paradigm of the Left has rarely been challenged head-on. No one has been able or willing to shunt the train to another track. Frantically pulling the brakes is the best we could ever hope for. But when the train has jumped the cliff, brakes are of no use (if they ever really were).

This is not meant as a criticism. Leaders are only a reflection of the people. A wise governor or president or king can lead the charge in a certain direction, but he cannot run miles ahead of the pack.

Government is a lagging indicator of the underlying culture. If Barack Hussein Obama didn’t exist, he would have to be invented. He is the logical result of nearly every trend in the West perhaps since the French Revolution, and certainly of the entire landscape in the United States since the 1960s.

In all likelihood, the style of leader we so desperately need will not emerge until the train hits the bottom of the ravine. Only a shock of great magnitude can force the majority to reject the paradigm that has been force-fed over the course of decades.

The old mindset is toxic; it must be uprooted and replaced. The new mindset—the new railroad track—must be constructed on the following simple reality: Civilization is based on inequality. In other words, inequality is beneficial. This seemingly revolutionary principle has been considered obvious at most times and places. No accomplishment is possible without inequality. Excellence in every field depends on it. Without a hierarchy, no domain of human endeavor can function effectively. Without a ranking of people and their abilities, there can be no development of art, industrial design, architecture, literature, theater, baseball, haute cuisine, fine wines, technology, medicine, and so on. Likewise, there can be no aspirations. If everyone is the same, why bother to improve yourself?

Inequality is human. Equality, however, belongs to the animal world, to the herd. It is no coincidence that the ideologies of rampaging egalitarianism seek an endless leveling, in order to reduce society to an amorphous mass of jelly, an undifferentiated herd of cattle. The Left knows that an honest appraisal of human abilities is a great threat to their plans, an obstacle to their dream of a totalitarian world in which the human spirit is crushed forever.

If you doubt what I say about the possibility of our current leadership overtly recognizing and acting in accordance with these principles, run a simple test in your mind. Can you imagine one of the Republican presidential candidates appearing on CNN, and saying flat out, “Equality is bad”? Just like that, those three words. My guess is that you cannot imagine it. And for good reason: It is impossible. The candidate’s political career would be over, effective immediately.

This will change, however, and perhaps very soon. We can lay the groundwork by educating ourselves and those around us. Let us state without hesitation, without conditions, without excuses, that equality is bad.

Our short-term outlook, courtesy of the Manchurian president and his enablers:

http://awolcivilization.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/train_wreck.jpg </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://awolcivilization.com/?p=2095#more-2095)

Soflasnapper
08-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Liked the graphic, but too long and boring a piece before we got that payoff.

It seems as if the author is saying unless we as a society go back to allowing the grinding poverty, the homelessness, the untreated diseases, to ravage the least among us, our society is doomed.

I would say if we do all of that, our society is damned, however much the top might thrive still more than now.

LWW
08-13-2011, 11:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liked the graphic, but too long and boring a piece before we got that payoff.</div></div>

TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is non party approved data and I didn't want to read it.</div></div>

LWW
08-13-2011, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems as if the author is saying unless we as a society go back to allowing the grinding poverty, the homelessness, the untreated diseases, to ravage the least among us, our society is doomed.</div></div>

TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no rebuttal, so I will simply Alinskyize the topic and claim it said something other than what it actually says.</div></div>

LWW
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say if we do all of that, our society is damned, however much the top might thrive still more than now. </div></div>

TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will close by insisting that the cure is actually the disease.</div></div>

Soflasnapper
08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Your 'translation' abilities are here shown to rank down around your 'reasoning' abilities.

The author never says what measures of 'equality' he's referring to, or how the seeking for greater equality damages anything.

However, it IS quite costly to provide the aged, sick, and retired population with a modicum of monetary and health care support, and I suggest that is what he's referring to.

After all, he admits if anyone advocated his suggested preferred position, they would doom their political prospects. And yes, cutting the safety net programs much if at all is very unpopular indeed, including with the GOP in general, and even among the TPs.

LWW
08-13-2011, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The author never says what measures of 'equality' he's referring to, or how the seeking for greater equality damages anything. </div></div>

Then you are truly a lost cause.

cushioncrawler
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
".........If you doubt what I say about the possibility of our current leadership overtly recognizing and acting in accordance with these principles, run a simple test in your mind. Can you imagine one of the Republican presidential candidates appearing on CNN, and saying flat out, “Equality is bad”? Just like that, those three words. My guess is that you cannot imagine it. And for good reason: It is impossible. The candidate’s political career would be over, effective immediately......."

Hmmmmmm -- If he sayd equality iz good, would he be elekted. Or would he be crucifyed.
mac.

cushioncrawler
08-13-2011, 07:57 PM
"equality" occurs 2 times in 1 verse in the KJV

2Cr 8:14 But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality

cushioncrawler
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

cushioncrawler
08-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Pro 26:7 The legs of the lame are not equal: so [is] a parable in the mouth of fools.