PDA

View Full Version : do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

Qtec
08-15-2011, 07:47 PM
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mbJhjCbwo8&feature=player_embedded)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 1. After the November 2009 elections, the Wake County school board dismantled socio-economic diverse schools and began to implement a neighborhood schools plan that would resegregate schools.
2. Resegregation in schools would be a disaster. It would turn back the clock fifty years with the creation of high poverty, racially isolated schools. The integration plan destroyed by Koch-supported board of education members was used as a model for high achieving, diverse schools throughout the country.
3. This October 2011, Wake Country elections will decide if schools become resegregated. Koch-supported candidates are still pushing for neighborhood schools and to end diversity.
4. The Koch brothers free market, libertarian ideology rests on privatization in society, especially the privatization of education.
5. The Kochs founded Americans for Prosperity in 2004, and AFP indirectly poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Wake County school board elections and helped jeopardize the diversity policy.
</div></div>

The Koch Brothers Gov Walker Conspiracy Exposed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Gn4Xhne_4&feature=related)

Q

Qtec
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Koch funded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPeUrJF6AM8&feature=related)

Q

eg8r
08-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Does your subject line have a "?" because you are not sure the author is telling the truth in bullet number 4?

eg8r

LWW
08-16-2011, 08:31 AM
His source is MSNBC which is a party organ.

Qtec
08-16-2011, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your subject line have a "?" because you are not sure the author is telling the truth in bullet number 4?

eg8r </div></div>

So you watched the video?

Q

Qtec
08-16-2011, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your subject line have a "?" because <span style='font-size: 14pt'>you are not sure the author is telling the truth in bullet number 4?
</span>
eg8r </div></div>

Am I? Did I give a comment?

WTF are you talking about?

Great job though of avoiding the subject.

Q

eg8r
08-16-2011, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I give a comment?
</div></div>Seriously? This is the exact reason why you are the resident copy/paste whore. You never give your opinion but rather just regurgitations of portions of some article you came across. It is the actual fact that you rarely comment which is what drives questions like the one I provided. If you want discussion then you actually have to discuss.

I know common sense escapes you so I thought I would try and figure out what your subject line had to do with the portion of text you decided to quote. Since you never have the balls to give your opinion we need to ask questions.

As far as the "subject" since you decided not to comment we have no idea of your intent or what you wanted the "subject" to be. Again, questions need to be asked to figure out what you want to discuss. Since the article leads us to believe they want privatisation of education I wanted to know why you asked the question if that is their intent.

eg8r

eg8r
08-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Heck no, since you didn't bother to discuss your own thread I figured I might as well figure out what the subject title meant.

eg8r

LWW
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
How can you ask him to discuss his opinion before someone else tells him what his opinion is?

Gayle in MD
08-18-2011, 11:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your subject line have a "?" because <span style='font-size: 14pt'>you are not sure the author is telling the truth in bullet number 4?
</span>
eg8r </div></div>

Am I? Did I give a comment?

WTF are you talking about?

Great job though of avoiding the subject.

Q </div></div>

These righties can't read, and draw conclusions from what is right in front of their face.

If they aren't told in advance through the usual radical RW, dog whistles, and buzz words, what their position should be, they get frustrated.

Hence, posting an article, which highlights obvious corruption, racism and anti-Americanism, isn't enough for them to grasp the thrust of the actual subject up for discussion.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

The poster knows the meaning, but since these righties can't think for themselves, their only recourse is to accuse the poster of their own failure, which is that they are unable to grasp simple language, without a hint from one of their their slimball leaders, usually some greedy pig, who is looking to sgteal more from the average American.

They need brilliant people like Bachmann and Palin to explain it for them, before they can take a stand....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gifLMAO!

llotter
08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Public education is probably the worst thing to ever be imposed on America and should be ended. I congratulate the Koch Bros. for helping wherever they can.

Gayle in MD
08-18-2011, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Public education is probably the worst thing to ever be imposed on America and should be ended. I congratulate the Koch Bros. for helping wherever they can. </div></div>

No surprise to me that you would admire the murderers, Koch Brothers. You have a long history of admiring those who murder others.

Koch Brothers have probably murdered vast numbers of people, with their cancer causing pollution.

Too bad we have so many stupid people in this country who don't care that their own children are being murdered by the Grand Oil Party, which they continue to vote for, regardless of all the illness and deaths they cause by neglecting the polluting pigs who have bought and paid for them.

G.

LWW
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Public education is probably the worst thing to ever be imposed on America and should be ended. I congratulate the Koch Bros. for helping wherever they can. </div></div>

I agree and disagree.

Central control in DC has been a disaster.

Public education had been one of the great success stories in the history of the USA ... when it was locally controlled.

Qtec
08-19-2011, 04:39 AM
Did you watch the video? Eh......no. If you had you would have know that the subject was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. After the November 2009 elections, the Wake County school board dismantled socio-economic diverse schools and began to implement a neighborhood schools plan that would resegregate schools. </div></div>

The people who want to overturn 30 yrs of policy are Koch funded.

Q

eg8r
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you watch the video? </div></div>I read your subject title adn then the portion that you quoted. I did not need to go any further since you did not bother to comment yourself. If you want a discussion and people to view what you link then offer a comment and let us know what your thoughts are. If you don't do this then we are discussing with the person that made the video or wrote the article and they are not here to discuss with us.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you watch the video? Eh......no. If you had you would have know that the subject was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. After the November 2009 elections, the Wake County school board dismantled socio-economic diverse schools and began to implement a neighborhood schools plan that would resegregate schools. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Yes, and thirty years of progress.

I suppose it is part of The Shock Doctrine, to undo the progress we have made in this country. They'd love to resegregate the schools, and creat another gut wrenching struggle for civil rights.

Every policy is designed to turn Americans against one another.

That's how they do it, divide and conquor, turn class against class, take from the poor and the Middle, and give more to the wealthy.

It's the Repiglican path to fascism.

The RW yaps constantly about the Constitution, yet they refuse to abide by the decisions that are settled law, which made progress in the field of human rights.

The Repiglicans are only interested in removing the separation of church and state, so they can dictate to the country their irrational religious views.

Show me a radical religious nutjob, and I'll show you a vicious attacker of human rights.

The right is the American Taliban. One can always measure a country's honor, success and peace, according to how it treats the poor, the women and children, the old, and the hungry, all of those Americans who are targets of the rightwing REpiglicans.

These so called "Christians" on the right, are as bad as the Taliban tribes in Afghanistan.

Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals, who deny climate change, while their own states are burning to the ground, or flooding over the banks, and they are perpetually on the dole for Federal funds, due to the very climate change which they deny, pawns of the Grand Oil Party that they are, while simultaneously bashing the appropriate spending of the Federal Government that their own flyover states can't get enough of, due to their mismanagement of the environment.

To question the Theory of Evolution, is to prove that one is uneducable! To attempt to place the Theory of Evolution on the same level as intelligent design, is insanity!

To suggest that GOD is telling you to run for office, is proof of irrationality.

I wonder if God told Palin to resign from her duties, and gog for the bucks while she could, LMAO! He surely didn't tell her to use some birth control, when she got pregnant out of wedlock!

Did God tell Pawlenty to drop out of the race, LOL.

Did he tell Bachmann to scruff up all of the freebies she could get from the Federal Government, and tell lie after lie?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The right is an on-going comedy show. hypocrites extraordinaire!

Anyone who would bash public education, the right for all of our children to be educated, and then turn around and call himself a Christian, is a sicko JOKE!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-22-2011, 07:29 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These Founding Fathers also restated their conviction that the university would create leaders to preserve liberty: “Nor must we omit to mention, among the benefits of education, the incalculable advantage of training up able counselors to administer the affairs of our country in all its departments—legislative, executive, and judiciary—and to bear their proper share in the councils of our national government; nothing more than education advancing the prosperity, the power, and the happiness of the nation.”

If we fail to teach our children how American freedom was established and preserved, we cannot expect them to pass it on to future generations.

</div></div>

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/2008/conclusion.html

Neither you, nor the Koch Brothers, can appreciate the American concept of "For the common good."

A public educational system which assures an education for all of our childrenn, is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT PUBLIC GOOD that any country can ever provide for the common good, which is the main flaw in Libertarianism, a lack of appreciation for the notion of Government working for the common good.

G.

LWW
08-23-2011, 03:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you watch the video? Eh......no. If you had you would have know that the subject was,

Q </div></div>

Yes, and thirty years of progress.
G.

</div></div>

Absolutely correct.

Our educational system has become progressively worse.

LWW
08-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Did you even read what you quoted?

Of course you didn't.

I liked this part:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"If we fail to teach our children how American freedom was established and preserved, we cannot expect them to pass it on to future generations."</span>

And I find it sadly comical that you slavishly defend a system that intends to destroy what your link claims in needed.

Gayle in MD
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mbJhjCbwo8&feature=player_embedded)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 1. After the November 2009 elections, the Wake County school board dismantled socio-economic diverse schools and began to implement a neighborhood schools plan that would resegregate schools.
2. Resegregation in schools would be a disaster. It would turn back the clock fifty years with the creation of high poverty, racially isolated schools. The integration plan destroyed by Koch-supported board of education members was used as a model for high achieving, diverse schools throughout the country.
3. This October 2011, Wake Country elections will decide if schools become resegregated. Koch-supported candidates are still pushing for neighborhood schools and to end diversity.
4. The Koch brothers free market, libertarian ideology rests on privatization in society, especially the privatization of education.
5. The Kochs founded Americans for Prosperity in 2004, and AFP indirectly poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Wake County school board elections and helped jeopardize the diversity policy.
</div></div>

The Koch Brothers Gov Walker Conspiracy Exposed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Gn4Xhne_4&feature=related)

Q </div></div>

We must destroy Repiglican Fascism before it's too late! [/size]