PDA

View Full Version : THE REGIME HAS SPOKEN!

LWW
08-17-2011, 04:35 AM
The party's mantra in Orwell's 1984 was:

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH</span>

but even George couldn't have envisioned dear leader and the O-cult.

Added to this already was:

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>UNEMPLOYMENT IS JOB CREATION</span>

and now we have the latest:

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>POVERTY IS PROSPERITY (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/16/obama_ag_secretary_vilsack_food_stamps_are_a_stimu lus.html)</span>

Soflasnapper
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
And the 2011 award for the most risible mistranslation goes to... c'mon folks, no surprise, for the 5th year in a row... even before the end of the year!...

The food stamp program was created as an agricultural sector support program. As a side benefit, it of course benefits the grocery store industry.

LWW implies these are NOT benefits to businesses, and PROVES it, by putting "= prosperity" into the mouth of an administration official who never said it?

Highly convincing, that isn't.

LWW
08-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I did paraphrase it. What he fully said was:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Well, obviously, it's putting people to work. Which is why we're going to have some interesting things in the course of the forum this morning. Later this morning, we're going have a press conference with Secretary Mavis and Secretary Chu to announce something that's never happened in this country -- something that we think is exciting in terms of job growth. I should point out, when you talk about the SNAP program or the foot stamp program, you have to recognize that it's also an economic stimulus. Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity. If people are able to buy a little more in the grocery store, someone has to stock it, package it, shelve it, process it, ship it. All of those are jobs. It's the most direct stimulus you can get in the economy during these tough times." </div></div>

Now ... hacking through the political mumbo jumbo, I think we can all agree that being on food stamps can be deemed to be a certain level of poverty.

I also think we can all agree that jobs and economic growth means prosperity.

He is claiming that food stamps equals jobs and economic growth.

Sev
08-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Obama my be the one finding himself on food stamps soon.

LWW
08-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Will food stamps pay for wagyu beef?

Qtec
08-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Eh...........no.

The thing you should be outraged about is that the worlds richest country has 1 in 7 families that require Govt assistance just to feed themselves!

That's a disgrace.

Q...

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eh...........no.

The thing you should be outraged about is that the worlds richest country has 1 in 7 families that require Govt assistance just to feed themselves!

That's a disgrace.

Q... </div></div>

S0 ... you agree that Obama and the democrook's stupidonomic policies have wreaked havoc upon the American poor an middle class?

I concur.

I never really gave up hope that you would come arond.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>BRAVO!</u></span>

Qtec
08-18-2011, 05:18 AM
What policies?

Like I said before in another thread, progressives are p$$ed at Obama because he has not passed ANY real Democratic ideas. All they have got is a GOP watered down load of crap that after MONTHS of delays and amendments the GOP voted against!.

Q

LWW
08-18-2011, 05:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What policies?

Q </div></div>

I cited for you several hundre billion dollars worth the last time you howled this at the moon.

Being that you are clueless, it surprises me not that you continue to cling to the myth.

Qtec
08-18-2011, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> S0 ... you agree that Obama and the democrook's stupidonomic policies have wreaked havoc upon the American poor an middle class?</div></div>

Again, what policies????????????????

Name them.

Q................tired of your BS.

Soflasnapper
08-18-2011, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did paraphrase it. What he fully said was:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Well, obviously, it's putting people to work. Which is why we're going to have some interesting things in the course of the forum this morning. Later this morning, we're going have a press conference with Secretary Mavis and Secretary Chu to announce something that's never happened in this country -- something that we think is exciting in terms of job growth. I should point out, when you talk about the SNAP program or the foot stamp program, you have to recognize that it's also an economic stimulus. Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity. If people are able to buy a little more in the grocery store, someone has to stock it, package it, shelve it, process it, ship it. All of those are jobs. It's the most direct stimulus you can get in the economy during these tough times." </div></div>

Now ... hacking through the political mumbo jumbo, I think we can all agree that being on food stamps can be deemed to be a certain level of poverty.

I also think we can all agree that jobs and economic growth means prosperity.

He is claiming that food stamps equals jobs and economic growth.
</div></div>

Jobs and economic growth do not mean prosperity in any absolute way, given the hole we're in.

They may mean improvement toward a less bad economy.

If a proposal was made that dropped the deficit in half, and boosted employment by 2 million people, it would obviously be a major success story, and almost everybody would realize it was a major success (except you, on the basis of this and similar posts). But we'd still be in a world of (albeit less) hurt, with a $600 B deficit, and high (although lowered) unemployment. So simply making some progress on those metrics does not get you to prosperity any time soon.

Your suggestion that 'what he's REALLY SAYING is...' (food stamps = prosperity) is silly, and unfounded. Just as truly tremendous progress on jobs and economic growth as I posit above still may not see the return of outright 'prosperity,' neither will the far more modest but positive feedback through the multiplier effect of things like food stamps and UI extensions.

And the people you misquote and paraphrase are not saying those things will restore prosperity, nor that the underlying causes of the need for those things (a lack of prosperity) creates prosperity. That is a bad faith and illogical argument you are making, under the pitiful claim that this is what they've ("really") said, when they really haven't.

You have said it, alone.

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:55 PM
The fact that you are a brainwashed buffoon is not my problem.

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ...</span> </div></div>

Stretch
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ... I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ...</span> </div></div>
</div></div>

LMFAO! You know you`ve lost an argument when.....St.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2011, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRANSLATED:

</div></div>

LMFAO! You know you`ve lost an argument when.....St.

</div></div>

Dear Stretch,
May I add to your comment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMFAO! You know you`ve lost an argument when your still typing, you delusional jerk!

</div></div>

Remember the good ol' days, when we actually had a forum, that wasn't filled up with the same old redundant lies and misquotes from a handfull of repulsive, delusional, cyberstalking nutjobs, too stupid to understand how stupid they are!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

If we were interested in reading the lies quoted here from the RW radical treasonist pundits, I'm sure we could find them for ourselves. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

LWW
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the good ol' days, when we actually had a forum, that wasn't filled up with the same old redundant lies and misquotes from a handfull of repulsive, delusional, cyberstalking nutjobs, too stupid to understand how stupid they are!

G. </div></div>

I think those days ended in February of 2002.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I now make my 2nd request for the crying baby Obama version of this F-key response.

Much more entertaining!

LWW
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jobs and economic growth do not mean prosperity in any absolute way, given the hole we're in.</div></div>

That depends on your definition of prosperity of course ... but it certainly represents a step out of poverty.

LWW
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I now make my 2nd request for the crying baby Obama version of this F-key response.

Much more entertaining! </div></div>

Why should I ... I can make you cry like a baby at any perceived offense to dear leader.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
It's true, I silently weep for the damage you do to the truth almost daily.

Don't pretend my opposition to your droppings is limited to when you attack Obama.

LWW
08-20-2011, 05:30 AM
What truth did I damage here?

You make many accusations ... yet offer little evidence beyond simple denial.