PDA

View Full Version : More on the treachery and deceit that is MSNBC!

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
In it's typical and unending use of shameless Alinsky tactics, we have the latest from MSNBC's Sergeant Shultz:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several weeks ago I was treated first hand to the dishonesty and complete lack of integrity on the part of liberal talk show host Ed Schultz and MSNBC. Schultz took a tape of remarks I made on the air regarding self defense, edited my comments, and then played those edited comments on his MSNBC and his radio show to make it sound like I was advocating cold-blooded murder.

Well now Schultz has done it again; though this time the target of his dishonesty was far more important than I. This time the target was Rick Perry.

Here’s what Mr. Integrity did this time.

Rick Perry is speaking to a campaign rally in Des Moines, Iowa. He’s talking about our soaring national debt. Here’s Perry’s quote:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>“That big black cloud that hangs over America, that debt that is so monstrous.”</span>

So Shultz takes that tape and edits out the “that debt that is so monstrous” part. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Schultz plays just the words “That big black could that hangs over America” and then cuts off the rest. Schultz then says “That black could Perry is talking about is President Barack Obama” and goes on the typical rant about Perry’s racist remarks.</span>

Then the predictable started to happen. Hip Hop Wired runs an article with this headline: <span style='font-size: 11pt'>“Governor Rick Perry Calls President Obama A ‘Big Black Cloud.’” That article, according to RedState.com, also included a completely manufactured quote about Perry in which Perry is accused of saying that there is “a big black guy running around the country that I’m not to happy about.”</span>

What will come of this? Absolutely nothing. Ed Schultz is already known as someone who will engage in selective editing in order to make it appear that someone is saying something they didn’t, in fact, say. It’s his shtick, so to speak. And MSNBC has shown that they will support this dishonesty. Schultz has no credibility left, but that doesn’t make his actions any less reprehensible. Trust me … he’ll do it again. </div></div>

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/schultz.jpg
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"I KNOW NOOOO-THING ... BUT LIES' (http://origin.prod.www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2011/aug/17/integrity-msnbc-and-ed-schultz/)</span>

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/schultz.jpg
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>COLONEL KLINK, THEY EVEN HAVE VID -E-O! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRpjPJOEIE&feature=player_embedded)</span>

http://www.moonbattery.com/obama-sgt-schultz.jpg

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>LET THE EXCUSES BEGIN!</span>

Soflasnapper
08-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Sadly, in this case, Ed Schultz stooped to a LWW/Fox News level of distortion of quotes. One significant difference is that he corrected himself and apologized within one broadcast day, or perhaps two. I cannot recall anything like that from LWW or Fox News when they crop, distort, misquote, or paraphrase invidiously.

To be fair, Ed isn't the brightest guy, so any particular example of this may simply be an ignorant error. As I will generously offer as a potential alibi for some of the LWW/Fox News distortions as well. Particularly Fox and Friends and Hannity. Extremely stupid people, evidently.

When you see such errors all on one side, however, against the side they oppose and in favor of the side they're on, you can rule out the defense from ignorance.

Soflasnapper
08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Neal Boortz back-handedly compliments Media Matters, who themselves are often accused of biased trimming of quotes and sound bytes, even using their linked audio to prove his point:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So there you have it folks. This left wing talk show host – Ed Schultz – wants to make some news by attacking me on the air. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>He gets the complete and un-edited audio of what I said from the Media Matters website (Click here for the link) </span>removes part of my comments that don’t quite fit his narrative, and presents the remainder to his MSNBC audience as an accurate portrayal of what I said on the air. </div></div>

llotter
08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
What's the problem? The Moron is a black cloud hanging over America...at least half black.

Gayle in MD
08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the problem? The Moron is a black hanging over America...at least half black. </div></div>

WHAT A RACIST!

I knew it all along. A racist, misogynistic Tea Bagging, murderer lover.

Is there any other kind of Right Wing Tea Bagger?

Repiglicans are so out of it thhey don't know that racism is frowned upon in our country.

Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals, who prove with every slimeball attack how far beneath our President, and the ideals of Liberal America, that all of you truly are.

No wonder our Homeland Security, the FBI, and The Southern Poverty Law Center, is so concerned about all of the hatred, insanity and irrationality which is so obvious, easy to observe in you RWers.

The Black Cloud that is hanging over this country, is the racism, misogyny and hatred spewing from each one of you.

G.