PDA

View Full Version : Key chains, tourny & other BS

09-19-2002, 07:50 AM
I have been lurking here for sometime now and have a few observations. In regard to the key chains and the ccb tournament, the board has taken on sort of a click(sp) type atmosphere and it may have started there. If someone now says something someone else does not agree with. There is not just a discussion but sides are taken. They look to pick a fight even if it had nothing to do with them. It is not everyone, but the ones really stick out that do it, and have ruined the board, maybe for good. Don't expect it to change anytime soon now, these people are a little sick and won't go away, nor will they stop. The net and boards like this, have provided a place for people who in there everyday lives maybe get very little attention. Here they can be heard and get the attention they may crave. They may, if only in their own minds take on an air of importance, even celebrity the more attention they get. This apples also to those that may actually have something to say and repeatedly post to a thread, even if they just repeat what has been already said. This has become unpleasant place, as you will most likely see with the replays I may get. I don't have a key chain, but if I did I would throw it in the trash and be proud not to be a part all this. This board at one time was a useful resource for the player who wanted information or had something to share. I could always click on here and know I would read something interesting and learn something. That is no longer the case, evidenced by some of the responses to recent posts when someone may have attempted to ask a question pool related. It is as if all knowledge here has evaporated. Now you are left with nothing more then chat room, not unlike thousands more on the net. But you all seem to be enjoying yourselves so what can I say. Judging from the timing of many of the posts, a lot of you are obsessed with it and spend the entire day here, so it is serving some purpose. But I must say, it is a shame.

09-19-2002, 08:34 AM
I'm posting as Anonymous since I have forgotten how to post under my own monicker...(RGC)

I could not agree with you more about the present status of the Chalk Board...I have noticed some (past posters) have left the board (some of whom, I enjoyed their comments)...it is a shame that this happening and that this board is becoming a "Bash Board"......If this continues, it will be the end of a really nice forum on our favorite pastime..."Pool"!

Uncle Ron in SC (going to the Open Sept.26th)

Wally_in_Cincy
09-19-2002, 08:45 AM
The key chain and the tourney are just a bit of harmless fun. Don't take it so seriously. If the goofball from Vancouver is really gone I believe the CCB will improve considerably. Don't give up yet.

Kato
09-19-2002, 08:55 AM
The keychain is simply so we can notice each other at the events. It's not a clique thing, it's a recognition thing.
As far as the fighting and taking sides crap goes, I'm out of it. If we don't talk about pool fine, if we do fine. My time is too valuable to fight though, especially in print.

Kato

Chris Cass
09-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Hi Anon,

I understand what your saying. The people here that have differences. Something, I've learned along time ago here. The saying is "Agree to Disagree" this ends all further arguements.

Bashing, has struck a new level here resently. Most people have been on this board for a few yrs. Your going to like someone or not. It's enevitable(sp) where all human(except the alien we have aboard). lol

Clique', it's no different than the ph. What the good feeling is. When your at a tourney alone far away from home. Don't know anyone and your playing someone who has 5 friends cheering him on. It's nice to look in back of you and see someone there in your corner. Put a face to a name is also nice. Someone to talk to and sweat a match with or have a bite to eat to kill time with.

Pool questions? Fire away, someone here has an answer for you. I've always considered these different replies like an auto troubleshooting guide. Kind of pick the answer that fits your needs.

It's almost impossible not to feel something or a particular way about someone you've gotten to somewhat know over time. Like the posters you find are fun, unique, smart, or whatever reason. I'm alittle troubled by the resent "I want to post to see if I can get the top of the Top Ten list" this or having your name as one of the Top Ten posters.

I looked this AM and I found I was #3. This did not please me. This only tells me, I talk too much. I came here because I liked to talk pool. I play a respectable game, have about 30 yrs under my belt and wanted to help someone if I could. So far I've been here maybe 2 yrs? I don't know exactly. Anyway, so far I've helped a total of 2 players that I can think of, how depressing.

Leagues are starting, Winter is coming and the golfers have put away their clubs. Soon, it will be pool talk. Oh, I also like hearing pool stories, anything on Cues, CCB members tourney results, shots on the WEI table diagram, New practice methods, the Mental part of the game, and other pool topics. Talking Sex is not one of them. There children that also lurk here too.

Hope you stick around. Not trying to be a friend or anything,

C.C.

Jay M
09-19-2002, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr>
I don't know exactly. Anyway, so far I've helped a total of 2 players that I can think of, how depressing.
<hr></blockquote>

That's not true Chris, everyone benefits from shared information. Personally, I've picked up a few things from your posts that I use now. Also, there are other shots that I was already using that I have taken a second look at to see if I could refine or improve on them.

So as far as I am concerned, you can add me to the list of people you've helped.

I'm the same as you, I love the game... more than anyone will ever know. Put me in a room with a table and I won't come out until I'm forced to. You don't even have to give me an opponent, just the table. In a pool hall that is known for the quality of players (CM's Place), regulars make comments about the amount of time I spend actually on the table.

If I can share something that will help someone else, then I am happy. Whether they choose to acknowledge it or simply take the information and use it doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact that it's out there for someone to see and use.

Jay M

Kato
09-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Well, you helped Jay and you helped me (that's 2)/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. This board has grown leaps and bounds (to some that remember when it was 10 pool junkies this is bad, for me, it's good). Yes, I meet friends here. Yes, I read almost every post on every thread. Yes I soak up as much information as I can process.

Kato~~~will someday know enough about pool to be able to help to

Lester
09-19-2002, 10:37 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Make me #3 Chris, I always check your posts. Even if it's something I already know, you might add something to it that I will have to check out. I refuse to argue on-line. JMHO ****Lester****

MikeM
09-19-2002, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I don't have a key chain, but if I did I would throw it in the trash and be proud not to be a part all this. <hr></blockquote>

The CCB keychain used as a political statement! Awesome! I never dreamed that a little piece of rubbery plastic would reach such a level of symbolism. I can see my next ventures clearly - CCB bumper stickers! "You'll take my CCB keychain away when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers." - CCB T-shirts, "Burn this one!". The possibilities are endless! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

MM...still proud be an American CCBer!

Lester
09-19-2002, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I don't have a key chain, but if I did I would throw it in the trash and be proud not to be a part all this. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

The CCB keychain used as a political statement! Awesome! I never dreamed that a little piece of rubbery plastic would reach such a level of symbolism. I can see my next ventures clearly - CCB bumper stickers! "You'll take my CCB keychain away when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers." - CCB T-shirts, "Burn this one!". The possibilities are endless! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

MM...still proud be an American CCBer! <hr></blockquote>

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Okay Mike, NOW we raise the price! ha ha ***Lester***

Eric.
09-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Even though I'm fairly new to this board, I got a feel for who's real and who's a jerk-off. Chris, you're on the money, as are most of the regulars. I come here to hangout. My poolhall away from home! Like real PH's, you get some good pool info, some gossip, meet some interesting people and all that good stuff. Which is my point- it's all good.

Eric

Voodoo Daddy
09-19-2002, 06:38 PM
"Agree to Disagree" this ends all further arguements.
<hr></blockquote>

I hope so Chris...I'm all but done with all this unless it changes. All I wanted to do when I came here was to help people that didnt know what I do, share my knowledge and make a few friends. I know I have reached a few and made a few friends and for that I'm personally satisfied because I accomplished what I set out to do. I choose not post often due to the apparent disregard for people's feelings, person adversities or situations. Lack of respect is why {I'm sure} Grady doesnt show anymore and why Fran wont show anymore. I'm fond of the friends I've made here and I hope I meet some "nice" pool people next week...