PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! We Just Had An EARTHQUAKE

Gayle in MD
08-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow, I'm hearing 5.9...it happened just before two o' clock. My whole house was shaking back and forth, and we were looking out of all of our windows, walking around in circles, watching the view of the outside, through the rectangular windows, which were going back and forth, made it very obvious that the whole house was shaking, way back and forth.

My first thought was that several large trees had come down, like maybe a very large one, taking several other large ones with it, and had hit the ground, making the ground shake violently, but when the back and forth shaking motion continued, it became very obvious quite quickly, that we were in an earthquake.

I've already heard that all of the control towers have been evacuated, from Andrews, to Reagan National, in Washington D.C., to JFK, in New York.

My sister felt it in Spring Field, Virginia, and I've heard they felt it in Detroit, NY, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia.

The house was being shook very hard, back and forth, like four to five inches. All of the pictures in the house are lopsided, and the grandfathers clock, stopped.

An old man was walking down the street, and we saw him and went out on the porch and said, "Did you feel that!!! He answered, "Feel what?" LOL...he hadn't felt anything.

I've already called around and my loved ones are all safe.

What an experience! I hope that is the last of it!

Wow, just WOW!

G.

nAz
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey Gayle are you ready for the coming hurricane?

Gayle in MD
08-23-2011, 01:20 PM
After today it'll be a snap, lol.

Actually, I've been up all night, hooked on the Hurricane news, tracking the storm, like I always do.

First thing this morning, I heard there had been an earthquake in Colorado. LIttle did I know I'd be in the midst of one myself before the days end!

Actually, it's really still a little early to have a very good idea about tha track of the Hurricane, but, I'm glued for sure to the tracking. We might have to go up to the ocean, and get the boat out of dock, and block it.

I'm right off the chesapeake Bay, on a creek, here at home, and the boat is just inside the inlet at Ocean City Maryland, so it gets like, gee, we're not sure which direction we need to go first!

LOL...I;ll be in touch and let you know where in the world we end up!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Where were you when the quake hit? Were the buildings really rocking back and forth there? Man, I couldn't believe how violent it felt here in my home!

Unbelievable!

G.

Sev
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Hoping for a 10.0 in Washington.

LWW
08-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Glad that you and yours are safe and well.

Sev
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
BREAKING NEWS.

USGS classifies disturbance as an Earthqueef.

Now back to Gayle.

LWW
08-24-2011, 03:41 AM
<span style="color: #FF6666"><span style='font-family: Impact'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>EARTHQUEEF! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ayL3lrChI)</span></span></span>

Sev
08-24-2011, 07:52 AM
By the way.
Have you noticed that it appears that the females are the ones most terrified by the earth queef?