PDA

View Full Version : Obama's new jobs plan

eg8r
08-23-2011, 01:50 PM
What do you think it will include? My guess is that it will include employment killing ideas just as he has offered since he took office. Now, his regulatory agencies have grown at like 10-15% while the private sector grew at a less brisk pace of -5% so I guess his plan will be to add more regulation to further break the back of American businesses thus pushing more companies overseas which is the Democrats way of doing business.

eg8r

Qtec
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think it will include? My guess is that it will include employment killing ideas just as he has offered since he took office. Now, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>his regulatory agencies have grown at like 10-15%</span> while the private sector grew at a less brisk pace of -5% so I guess his plan will be to add more regulation to further break the back of American businesses thus pushing more companies overseas which is the Democrats way of doing business.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Administration Moves Plan To Ax <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Hundreds Of Regulations</span>

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration disclosed plans Tuesday to cut or roll back hundreds of federal regulations, including some that will streamline tax forms at the Internal Revenue Service, let railroad companies pass on installing expensive new technology, and speed up the visa process for low-risk visitors to the U.S.

The administration said the regulations will save businesses up to $10 billion over the next five years and spur job growth in the private sector. </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/23/obama-regulations_n_933878.html)

This is what happens when you get all your info from RW talk radio.

Q

Qtec
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess his plan will be to add more regulation to further break the back of American businesses thus pushing more companies overseas which is the Democrats way of doing business.

eg8r </div></div>

Why don't you check the facts before you utter such garbage?

Q

Qtec
08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Some of the country’s best-known multinationals closely guard a number they don’t want anyone to know: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the breakdown between their jobs here and abroad.</span>

So secretive are these companies that they hand the figure over to government statisticians on the condition that officials will release only an aggregate number. The latest data show that multinationals cut 2.9 million jobs in the United States and added 2.4 million overseas between 2000 and 2009.

Some of the same companies that do not report their jobs breakdown, including Apple and Pfizer, are pushing lawmakers to cut their tax bills in the name of job creation in the United States.

But experts say that without details on which companies are contributing to job growth and which are not, policymakers risk flying blind as they try to jump-start the hiring of American workers.

“It’s an important piece of information that the American people should have,” said Ron Hira, an associate professor of public policy at the Rochester Institute of Technology. “Should you listen to the kind of advice these companies have about how to grow the economy when their record and their model indicates they’ve cut jobs? . . . Or should we talk to people who actually do create jobs in the United States?”

As the country faces an unemployment crisis, President Obama, lawmakers and business lobbyists have all touted the country’s biggest companies as critical to creating jobs.

The head of Obama’s jobs council, General Electric chief executive Jeff Immelt, said during a tour of a company plant in Greensboro, S.C., that firms should be ready to answer questions from the public.

“If you want to be an admired company, you better know, you better have accountability, and you better think through where the jobs are,” he said.

GE breaks out its employment numbers in company filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission. In 2010, about 46 percent of GE’s 287,000 employees worked in the United States, compared with 54 percent in 2000. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bailed-Out Banks Raking In Big Profits

Goldman said it earned $3.19 billion between July and September, nearly the most it has ever made in three months.
Goldman said it earned $3.19 billion between July and September, nearly the most it has ever made in three months. (By Jeremy Bales -- Bloomberg News)

By Binyamin Appelbaum
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 16, 2009

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The nation's largest banks, preserved from failure by federal aid and romping in markets revived by federal aid, are racking up vast profits even as the broader economy struggles to emerge from recession.</span> </div></div>

Q

LWW
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[This is what happens when you get all your info from RW talk radio.

Q

</div></div>

This is what happens when you post data from a moonbat source such as the PuffingtonPost ... that you didn't even read.

Let's review:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>WASHINGTON — The Obama administration disclosed plans Tuesday to cut or roll back hundreds of federal regulations, including some that will streamline tax forms at the Internal Revenue Service, let railroad companies pass on installing expensive new technology, and speed up the visa process for low-risk visitors to the U.S.

The administration said the regulations will save businesses up to $10 billion over the next five years </span>

So his plan is to:

- Reduce the burden on private industry by .0139% of GDP ... if the plan actually reaches it's goal, not counting the new regulations already in the pipeline. IOW ... it amounts to nothing but a light tap on the brakes with the left foot while the right foot holds the accelerator pedal to the floor.

- Make it easier to pay taxes.

- Slow railroad improvement.

- Make it easier for furriners to get a visa. Remember ... Mohammed Atta was a low risk guy also.

WOTTA NIT!

LWW
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Some of the country’s best-known multinationals closely guard a number they don’t want anyone to know: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the breakdown between their jobs here and abroad.</span>

So secretive are these companies that they hand the figure over to government statisticians on the condition that officials will release only an aggregate number. The latest data show that multinationals cut 2.9 million jobs in the United States and added 2.4 million overseas between 2000 and 2009.

Some of the same companies that do not report their jobs breakdown, including Apple and Pfizer, are pushing lawmakers to cut their tax bills in the name of job creation in the United States.

But experts say that without details on which companies are contributing to job growth and which are not, policymakers risk flying blind as they try to jump-start the hiring of American workers.

“It’s an important piece of information that the American people should have,” said Ron Hira, an associate professor of public policy at the Rochester Institute of Technology. “Should you listen to the kind of advice these companies have about how to grow the economy when their record and their model indicates they’ve cut jobs? . . . Or should we talk to people who actually do create jobs in the United States?”

As the country faces an unemployment crisis, President Obama, lawmakers and business lobbyists have all touted the country’s biggest companies as critical to creating jobs.

The head of Obama’s jobs council, General Electric chief executive Jeff Immelt, said during a tour of a company plant in Greensboro, S.C., that firms should be ready to answer questions from the public.

“If you want to be an admired company, you better know, you better have accountability, and you better think through where the jobs are,” he said.

GE breaks out its employment numbers in company filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission. In 2010, about 46 percent of GE’s 287,000 employees worked in the United States, compared with 54 percent in 2000. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bailed-Out Banks Raking In Big Profits

Goldman said it earned $3.19 billion between July and September, nearly the most it has ever made in three months.
Goldman said it earned $3.19 billion between July and September, nearly the most it has ever made in three months. (By Jeremy Bales -- Bloomberg News)

By Binyamin Appelbaum
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 16, 2009

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The nation's largest banks, preserved from failure by federal aid and romping in markets revived by federal aid, are racking up vast profits even as the broader economy struggles to emerge from recession.</span> </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Do you have any idea how badly you must embarrass your friends and family when you post like this?

Yes ... G-S is raping the US public, but you never ask why they get away with it?

The answer is that G-S and the Obama regime are joined at the hip.

eg8r
08-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Would you be referring to reality or the fantasy facts you prefer?

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2011, 06:30 AM
So your links prove I am correct. Democrats drive businesses overseas. It is you idiots that think higher taxes pay the debt off when in reality higher taxes FORCE the hands of the REAL taxpayers to move their money overseas. Apple has the leverage right now to do what they want and cannot be bullied by an inexperienced President who knows absolutely nothing about being in business, how to run a business, etc.

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2011, 06:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Administration Moves Plan To Ax Hundreds Of Regulations

</div></div>So, in an effort to prove me wrong you actually prove me to be 100% correct. Just to help you with a little english comprehension, when they mention is "plan" that means it is not in place but something he is saying he "might" accomplish in the future. Basically his most recent past proves this "plan" will be tough for him to implement considering he has been doing exactly the opposite for the past 18 months or so.

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2011, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"Well I appreciate the fact that President Obama has directed the administration to address regulator overreach, but frankly I think this is almost the fox in the hen house," said Rep. Geoff Davis (R-Ky.). "When we look at the bigger picture, there's a huge encroachment in the private sector and our communities with unfunded mandates and cost of regulations. It was 1.75 trillion last year with over 4000 regulations in the queue ready to implement this year."
</div></div>1.75 trillion last year and qtip is excited about a cut of $10 billion which does not include 4000 new regulations not yet inacted but sitting there waiting to pounce.

Now, for Obama himself to directly respond to qtip...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"Here's what i suggest-- If you hear something's happening but it hasn't happened, don't always believe what you hear," Obama told the crowd. "I'm serious about that."
</div></div>So, in other words, in a direct response to qtip, Obama has asked you to not believe what you have heard from his administration.

eg8r

eg8r
08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said Tuesday that the facts speak for themselves, noting that the administration proposed $9.5 billion in new government regulations in just July. So the proposed savings of this week's initiative -- $10 billion over five years -- could essentially be wiped out in only one month.
</div></div>LOL, great find qtip.

I know, I know, these quotes come from an article on the fox website but if you would like to dispute the quotes then have at it.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/0...test=latestnews (http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/08/23/obama-cuts-red-tape-businesses-want-more?test=latestnews)

eg8r

Qtec
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Administration Moves Plan To Ax Hundreds Of Regulations

</div></div>So, in an effort to prove me wrong you actually prove me to be 100% correct. Just to help you with a little english comprehension, when they mention is "plan" that means it is not in place but something he is saying he "might" accomplish in the future. Basically his most recent past proves this "plan" <u>will be tough for him to implement considering he has been doing exactly the opposite for the past 18 months or so.</u>

eg8r </div></div>

So you claim! You offer no proof.

Your original claim was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so I guess his plan will be to add more regulation </div></div>

I showed that he was actually wanting to cut regulations.

Q

eg8r
08-24-2011, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I showed that he was actually wanting to cut regulations.

</div></div>Yes and you have two things going against you. First, in July he added $9.5 billion dollars worth of new regulations and that is just one month. His past 18 months have proven he is out of control and has 4000 new pieces of legislation already in the queue to be released. Second, you have Obama himself telling you not to believe what you hear. If it is not in process now you need to wait until it actually happens.

eg8r

LWW
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Administration Moves Plan To Ax Hundreds Of Regulations

</div></div>So, in an effort to prove me wrong you actually prove me to be 100% correct.

eg8r </div></div>

He has a propensity for doing that ... I blame illiteracy.

LWW
08-24-2011, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"Well I appreciate the fact that President Obama has directed the administration to address regulator overreach, but frankly I think this is almost the fox in the hen house," said Rep. Geoff Davis (R-Ky.). "When we look at the bigger picture, there's a huge encroachment in the private sector and our communities with unfunded mandates and cost of regulations. It was 1.75 trillion last year with over 4000 regulations in the queue ready to implement this year."
</div></div>1.75 trillion last year and qtip is excited about a cut of $10 billion which does not include 4000 new regulations not yet inacted but sitting there waiting to pounce.

Now, for Obama himself to directly respond to qtip...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"Here's what i suggest-- If you hear something's happening but it hasn't happened, don't always believe what you hear," Obama told the crowd. "I'm serious about that."
</div></div>So, in other words, in a direct response to qtip, Obama has asked you to not believe what you have heard from his administration.

eg8r </div></div>

And in true Obamatron fashion ... he believes both versions of "TRUTH" as posited by dear leader.

LWW
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
No ... he showed that what Obama actually did, as recent as last month, was add $9.5B in new regs.

What Obama also did is prove that you were a pure Obamatron who would believe whatever he spoon fed you.

LWW
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
You forgot the third thing he has going against him ... he's without clue until someone tells him what he thinks.

Qtec
08-25-2011, 03:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I showed that he was actually wanting to cut regulations.

</div></div>Yes and you have two things going against you. First, in July he added $9.5 billion dollars worth of new regulations and that is just one month. His past 18 months have proven he is out of control and has 4000 new pieces of legislation already in the queue to be released. Second, you have Obama himself telling you not to believe what you hear. If it is not in process now you need to wait until it actually happens.

eg8r </div></div>

Again, no links to back up your assertion. Unlike you, I DID find the source.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At Tuesday's GOP Senate caucus lunch, the lawmakers said that they will renew their efforts, supported by business groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>In a memo Barasso handed out to the lawmakers, <u>he claimed</u></span> that the administration in July only has put in $9.5 billion in new regulatory costs by proposing 229 new rules and finalizing 379 rules. Among those he cited were EPA, healthcare reform, and financial regulatory reform rules. </div></div>

So, Sen. Barrosso puts out a memo, without any citations or factual analysis, and you expect me to take his word for it!

As stated, the bulk of any new regulations has to do with badly needed HC and Wall St reform.

Q

LWW
08-25-2011, 03:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Sen. Barrosso puts out a memo, without any citations or factual analysis, and you expect me to take his word for it!

As stated, the bulk of any new regulations has to do with badly needed HC and Wall St reform.

Q </div></div>

So you deny the claim and then admit that it's true?

How typical.

Qtec
08-25-2011, 04:02 AM
No.

Q

LWW
08-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Actually you did.

Ordinarily I would ask someone to make up their mind in a situation like this ... but I understand that in your case you aren't allowed such autonomous thought.

eg8r
08-25-2011, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Sen. Barrosso puts out a memo, without any citations or factual analysis, and you expect me to take his word for it!

</div></div>No, I expect you to stick your head up your rear like you usually do. So now we have Barasso telling us of Obama's $9.5 billion dollar increase in regulation IN ONE MONTH and you praise Obama for finding it in his heart to cut $10 billion in regulations over the NEXT 5 YEARS. You are such a schmuck. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Nope, he never thinks for himself. Just look at the multitude of threads where he quotes and then says nothing. LOL, he tells us he doesn't believe Barasso and then tells us the increase in regulation is for "much needed HC". He flip flops faster than Kerry.

eg8r

LWW
08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
I have saved many quotes from snoopy:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_k07pirzBU34/TN1SNNMXnKI/AAAAAAAAGTw/-zuC3PkEt-Q/s1600/ExplodingCigar.jpg

This is a self portrait

Q </div></div>

Qtec
08-25-2011, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I expect you to stick your head up your rear like you usually do. So now we have Barasso telling us </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Sen. Barrosso puts out a memo, without any citations or factual analysis, and you expect me to take his word for it! </div></div>

You believe him because you want to, not because of real facts that convince you. You are the one with his head up their a$$.

Q

Soflasnapper
08-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Perhaps Sen. Barasso has a handy analysis done by the Heritage Foundation or the Cato Institute or AEI to back up his claim.

Unless the CBO or the CRS has done this analysis and said it, it would have to be one of those think tanks on the right.

Unfortunately, they are not really think tanks at all, but propaganda mills whose work output has been hilariously wrong time after time.

Recently, I think it was Paul Ryan who quoted something from the Heritage website. It was so blatantly false that they themselves pulled their report from their website, which is something I guess, but they never admitted their howling errors.

That is my guess of the source of his numbers. Unless he explains where he got them, it is the leading candidate.

Qtec
08-25-2011, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps Sen. Barasso has a handy analysis done by the Heritage Foundation or the Cato Institute or AEI to back up his claim. </div></div>

Who knows? The point is that he could have just made them up.

Anybody here makes a claim and doesn't back it up with some real facts, then its just an opinion that carries just as much weight as another's...and we all have one.

eg8r and LWW think a memo from some crooked GOPer is Gospel, I don't. The track record suggests otherwise.

Q...........stick around S, we are running out of sane posters. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

LWW
08-26-2011, 03:48 AM
What's truly amazing is that the Obamatrons will cheer on dear leader's new regulations ... clamor for more of it ... and then deny that it even exists when dear leader tells them it didn't ever happen.

This is just another "WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EASTASIA!" moment.

eg8r
08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You believe him because you want to, not because of real facts that convince you.</div></div>You believe Obama because you want to. If you want the real facts then you tell me how many new regulations Obama has put in place and let me know if it totals more than the paltry $10 billion (over an astounding 5 years) is "threatening" to cut. Remember what Obama told you, just because you heard about the cuts it doesn't mean they are actually going to happen.

eg8r

eg8r
08-26-2011, 08:36 AM
So all you have to argue is Barasso's alleged source? Please man up and admit you were better off saying nothing.

Maybe you will check on the regulations that have been enacted or in queue to go into effect under Obama and compare that against the paltry $10 billion cut over 5 freaking years.

eg8r

LWW
08-26-2011, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So all you have to argue is Barasso's alleged source? Please man up and admit you were better off saying nothing.

eg8r </div></div>

He can't do that because that would mean not slavishly defending dear leader.

eg8r
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who knows? The point is that he could have just made them up.

</div></div>Kind of like Obama telling us when he gets back from vacation he will give us his new jobs plan. Then we were told it would just be an outline and now we are being told we will only get some good ideas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The track record suggests otherwise.

</div></div>The track record is the Obama's administration has enacted a ton of new regulation that costs well above the paltry $10 billion he wants to cut over 5 years.

eg8r

Qtec
08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So all you have to argue is Barasso's alleged source? </div></div>

Eh no. That would be you.

Q

Qtec
08-26-2011, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The track record is the Obama's administration has enacted a ton of new regulation that costs well above the paltry $10 billion he wants to cut over 5 years.

eg8r </div></div>

Says who? Barasso?

Q..and round and round we go.

eg8r
08-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I am not arguing his source, the facts are there.

eg8r

eg8r
08-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Nope, Obama does. Just look at the HC bill and all the regulation it enforces and you tell me if it costs more than $10 billion. Come on, are you really this stupid all the time or just when you post on the forum?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
They're all hopelessly brainwashed, as we have known for over a decade!

If they don't believe in Climate Change, the warming of the earth, due to heat producing, burning of fosile fuels, IOW, human behavior, and a proven fact, which over 90% of scientists in the WORLD, accept as proven fact, nor do they believe in the Theory of Evolution, the longest and broadest acceptance of any thheory ever researched, by man, then who cares what they think.

The Fux Noise RW Propaganda Parrots aren't worth our time or attention, IMO.

LWW
08-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Where does one get fosile fuel?