PDA

View Full Version : They're looking for the wrong guy in Libya

Soflasnapper
08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Many may wonder why we cannot find the leader of Libya.

By this evidence, they are probably looking for him under the wrong surname. If they searched using the correct spelling, they'd probably find him listed in the phone book and find him in a flash. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Gaddafi's Son's Passport: 'Gathafi'</span>

The AP Stylebook may need an update. Rebels found the passport of Muhammad Gaddafi, one of the Libyan leader's sons, and with it his preferred Latin rendering of his last name: Gathafi. English-language organizations have never been able to agree on the most accurate spelling of the Libyan leader's name. The New York Times uses “Qaddafi,” The Washington Post styles it “Gaddafi,” and the State Department goes with “Qadhafi.” A 2009 ABCNews.com story found 112 different ways of spelling the ruler's name. Gathafi was one of the least commonly used spellings.</div></div>

From The Atlantic, courtesy of the Daily Beast. (http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/08/24/gaddafi-spelled-name-gathafi.html?om_rid=Nsfshn&om_mid=_BOVU28B8c9Lx8g)

Soflasnapper
08-25-2011, 02:05 PM
With so many AKAs (also known as, or aliases), it's clear that he was a bad man. Who spells their name so many ways to hide who they really are, unless they're evil?

I wonder how he tricked Lindsay Graham and John McCain into thinking otherwise just a year or so ago?

eg8r
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
LOL, it seems the media struggles with all the names from that area of the world. There are even multiple spellings for Osama bin Laden. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
The problem is far beyond simply a spelling issue.

Arabic is a separate alphabet entirely, much like cyrillic (Russian for those who think there are such things as "GALLOP" polls.) and Chinese.

As a side note, my last name translates into Chinese about as well as Qadaffyduck's does into the western alphabet.

Soflasnapper
08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, it seems the media struggles with all the names from that area of the world. There are even multiple spellings for Osama bin Laden. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

You mean Usama, of course. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'm old enough to remember Peking was the capital of China. I think they moved the capital to somewhere else called Beijing (clearly not possibly the same place name).

LWW
08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
You mean it isn't China Town?

Soflasnapper
08-25-2011, 06:51 PM
With 'Chinkamen Square' at its heart? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
08-26-2011, 03:05 AM
I thought it was Tinytim Square?

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2138969_1253320559Tiny_Tim_Tiptoe_Through_the_ Tulips.JPG

Gayle in MD
08-26-2011, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many may wonder why we cannot find the leader of Libya.

By this evidence, they are probably looking for him under the wrong surname. If they searched using the correct spelling, they'd probably find him listed in the phone book and find him in a flash. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Gaddafi's Son's Passport: 'Gathafi'</span>

The AP Stylebook may need an update. Rebels found the passport of Muhammad Gaddafi, one of the Libyan leader's sons, and with it his preferred Latin rendering of his last name: Gathafi. English-language organizations have never been able to agree on the most accurate spelling of the Libyan leader's name. The New York Times uses “Qaddafi,” The Washington Post styles it “Gaddafi,” and the State Department goes with “Qadhafi.” A 2009 ABCNews.com story found 112 different ways of spelling the ruler's name. Gathafi was one of the least commonly used spellings.</div></div>

From The Atlantic, courtesy of the Daily Beast. (http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/08/24/gaddafi-spelled-name-gathafi.html?om_rid=Nsfshn&om_mid=_BOVU28B8c9Lx8g) </div></div>

Gaddafi isn't even there, IMO.

He had a whole network of tunnels to escape the country, completely unnoticed.

I predict that during the next week or so, the whole family will be out of there.

How about those raunchy photo albums full of pictures of Condi Rice, they found in Gaddafi's (the Father) bedroom, next to the bed!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ya think Bush has one full of pictures of the Saudi Prince, he kept making out with, next to his bed, too?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about those raunchy photo albums full of pictures of Condi Rice, they found in Gaddafi's (the Father) bedroom, next to the bed!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

There you go hating on successful self made women of color again ... your partisan racism/sexism is showing today.

Back to reality, the needed counterweight for leftist lies, the photos that charlotte calls raunchy:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110825-condi-moammar-da-03.photoblog900.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110825-condi-moammar-da-02.photoblog900.jpg

Soflasnapper
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was Tinytim Square?

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2138969_1253320559Tiny_Tim_Tiptoe_Through_the_ Tulips.JPG

</div></div>

I like it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
08-26-2011, 12:51 PM
If he didn't include the dominatrix style stiletto high heel boot ensemble, he is pure of heart in his admiration of this 'worst National Security Advisor ever in history' (according to professionals in the field, and I guess, Cheney himself perhaps).

If he DID include them, well...

eg8r
08-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Those are the clean ones. Do you have pics of the raunchy ones? Maybe gayle saves those for herself when the hubby goes to work. :-)

Gayle in MD
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

They match Rick Perry's boots, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif