PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry, like Bush but without the brains.!!

Qtec
08-30-2011, 04:21 AM
LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Politico piece began with:

Another Texas governor who drops his “g’s” and scorns elites is running for president and the whispers are the same: lightweight, incurious, instinctual.

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”</span>

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who <span style='font-size: 14pt'>looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.”</span> Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.</span>
</div></div>

ala Fox News. (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/fox-news-does-it-matter-if-presidential-can)

Michelle Malkin, another nutjob.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Politico piece began with:

Another Texas governor who drops his “g’s” and scorns elites is running for president and the whispers are the same: lightweight, incurious, instinctual.

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”</span>

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who <span style='font-size: 14pt'>looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.”</span> Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.</span>
</div></div>

ala Fox News. (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/fox-news-does-it-matter-if-presidential-can)

Q </div></div>

I object to the insinuation that Bush had Brains! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

llotter
08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
The more I hear Perry, the more I like him. Such things as saying that his goal is to make the federal government as small a part of American lives as possible or calling Social Security a Ponzi scheme are music to my ears. Though I am suspicious of any politician of just saying things that he knows the conservative base will like, I hope he is in fact such an outspoken exception to the rule. Still hoping Palin will enter however and that she upsets everyone's prejudice.

Gayle in MD
09-01-2011, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I hear Perry, the more I like him. Such things as saying that his goal is to make the federal government as small a part of American lives as possible or calling Social Security a Ponzi scheme are music to my ears. Though I am suspicious of any politician of just saying things that he knows the conservative base will like, I hope he is in fact such an outspoken exception to the rule. Still hoping Palin will enter however and that she upsets everyone's prejudice. </div></div>

LMAO! He surely hasn't made the Federal Government a small part of his constant begging for more money in Texas. And, he has proven that his statement change with the weather.

No surpirse however, that both he and Palin, two dummies, who are a joke to most people, including even Karl Rove, so easily have you suckered.

G.

Qtec
09-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes. he also wanted to take a 'Dead Peasant Insurance' on teachers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Dead Peasant Insurance" — A comment on the Rick Perry dead teacher’s scheme

We wrote here about the Rick Perry scam in which he tried to create what sounds like derivatives — insurance-policy-backed bets — on the deaths of elderly Texas teachers.

Shares in those bets would then be sold to the giant European bank UBS, who would market them as investments. Perry and Texas would get a kind of "finder's fee" or creator's fee. UBS would get commissions on the sale. UBS hack Phil Gramm (of Gramm-Leach-Bliley) would get a fee for coming up with the scheme in the first place and pulling it off for his client.

And the investors would see cash if and when these elderly teachers triggering insurance payouts by joining the "choir invisible." To sweeten (hasten) the deal, Perry simultaneously proposed reducing health insurance overage for these teachers. It came apart when the teachers refused to sign up.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>I can't imagine a worse form of predation. Cold; near sociopathic, at least in appearance.</u>

In fact, this kind of scheme has a name: "Dead Peasant Insurance". The lord of the manor takes out insurance on his peasants, works them to the bone, pockets their created wealth, then gets a nice little present when they die. It's a win-win. </span> </div></div> link (http://www.americablog.com/2011/08/dead-peasant-insurance-comment-on-rick.html)

Q

LWW
09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
So, this week, are your handlers telling you that you believe Bush is an evil genius ... or a total dumbarse?

Gayle in MD
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. he also wanted to take a 'Dead Peasant Insurance' on teachers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Dead Peasant Insurance" — A comment on the Rick Perry dead teacher’s scheme

We wrote here about the Rick Perry scam in which he tried to create what sounds like derivatives — insurance-policy-backed bets — on the deaths of elderly Texas teachers.

Shares in those bets would then be sold to the giant European bank UBS, who would market them as investments. Perry and Texas would get a kind of "finder's fee" or creator's fee. UBS would get commissions on the sale. UBS hack Phil Gramm (of Gramm-Leach-Bliley) would get a fee for coming up with the scheme in the first place and pulling it off for his client.

And the investors would see cash if and when these elderly teachers triggering insurance payouts by joining the "choir invisible." To sweeten (hasten) the deal, Perry simultaneously proposed reducing health insurance overage for these teachers. It came apart when the teachers refused to sign up.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>I can't imagine a worse form of predation. Cold; near sociopathic, at least in appearance.</u>

In fact, this kind of scheme has a name: "Dead Peasant Insurance". The lord of the manor takes out insurance on his peasants, works them to the bone, pockets their created wealth, then gets a nice little present when they die. It's a win-win. </span> </div></div> link (http://www.americablog.com/2011/08/dead-peasant-insurance-comment-on-rick.html)

Q </div></div>

In Texas they call Perry, "All hair no cattle" lol.

I swear, he looks more like the chimp everyday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

He reminds me of one of those shady Bookie types, that hang out at the race tracks, lol.

UGH!

Gayle in MD
09-14-2011, 09:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

We must destroy Repiglican Fascism before it's too late!