PDA

View Full Version : Col. Lawrence Wilkerson: "I am Willing to Testify"

Qtec
08-31-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joining Wilkerson and Goodman to discuss Cheney's new book "In My Time," Salon's Glenn Greenwald said that it was disturbing to see the former vice president treated simply as an "elder statesman."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"The evidence is overwhelming... that Dick Cheney is not just a political figure with controversial views, but is an actual criminal, </span>that he was <u>centrally involved</u> in a whole variety not just of war crimes in Iraq, but of domestic crimes, as well, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>including the authorization of warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens in violation of FISA, which says that you go to jail for five years for each offense, as well as the authorization and implementation of a worldwide torture regime</span> that, according to General Barry McCaffrey, resulted in the murder -- his word -- of dozens of detainees, far beyond just the three or four cases of waterboarding that media figures typically ask Cheney about," Greenwald explained.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #990000">"And as a result, Dick Cheney goes around the country profiting off of this, you know, sleazy, sensationalistic, self-serving book, basically profiting from his crimes, and at the same time normalizing the idea that these kind of policies, though maybe in the view of some wrongheaded, are perfectly legitimate political choices to make. And I think thatís the really damaging legacy from all of this."</span></span> </div></div>

Why aren't the media hammering him on the warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens issue?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Colonel Wilkerson, <u>do you think the Bush administration officials should be held accountable </u>in the way that Glenn Greenwald is talking about?" Goodman asked.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"I certainly do," Wilkerson replied. "And I'd be willing to testify, and I'd be willing to take any punishment I'm due. </span>And I have to say, I agree with almost everything [Greenwald] just said. And I think that explains the aggressiveness, to a large extent, of the Cheney attack and of the words like 'exploding heads all over Washington.' <span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>This is a book written out of fear,</u> fear that one day someone will 'Pinochet' Dick Cheney."</span>

Wilkerson was referring to former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, who was arrested in London in 1998 after being indicted for crimes against humanity. It was the first time the principle of universal jurisdiction had been applied to a former foreign head of state. </div></div>

link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/former-bush-official-promises-testify-if-som)

Q

LWW
08-31-2011, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why aren't the media hammering him on the warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens issue?

Q </div></div>

I'll take "BECAUSE IT'S A MOONBAT CRAZY LEFTIST MYTH" for eight hundred Alex.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2011, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joining Wilkerson and Goodman to discuss Cheney's new book "In My Time," Salon's Glenn Greenwald said that it was disturbing to see the former vice president treated simply as an "elder statesman."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"The evidence is overwhelming... that Dick Cheney is not just a political figure with controversial views, but is an actual criminal, </span>that he was <u>centrally involved</u> in a whole variety not just of war crimes in Iraq, but of domestic crimes, as well, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>including the authorization of warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens in violation of FISA, which says that you go to jail for five years for each offense, as well as the authorization and implementation of a worldwide torture regime</span> that, according to General Barry McCaffrey, resulted in the murder -- his word -- of dozens of detainees, far beyond just the three or four cases of waterboarding that media figures typically ask Cheney about," Greenwald explained.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #990000">"And as a result, Dick Cheney goes around the country profiting off of this, you know, sleazy, sensationalistic, self-serving book, basically profiting from his crimes, and at the same time normalizing the idea that these kind of policies, though maybe in the view of some wrongheaded, are perfectly legitimate political choices to make. And I think thatís the really damaging legacy from all of this."</span></span> </div></div>

Why aren't the media hammering him on the warrantless eavesdropping on American citizens issue?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Colonel Wilkerson, <u>do you think the Bush administration officials should be held accountable </u>in the way that Glenn Greenwald is talking about?" Goodman asked.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"I certainly do," Wilkerson replied. "And I'd be willing to testify, and I'd be willing to take any punishment I'm due. </span>And I have to say, I agree with almost everything [Greenwald] just said. And I think that explains the aggressiveness, to a large extent, of the Cheney attack and of the words like 'exploding heads all over Washington.' <span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>This is a book written out of fear,</u> fear that one day someone will 'Pinochet' Dick Cheney."</span>

Wilkerson was referring to former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, who was arrested in London in 1998 after being indicted for crimes against humanity. It was the first time the principle of universal jurisdiction had been applied to a former foreign head of state. </div></div>

link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/former-bush-official-promises-testify-if-som)

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #330000"> There is no question that Cheney, Bush, Rice and Rumsfeld are all War Criminals, and comitted TREASON, and no doubt at all, that Rove, Libby, and Gonzo, committed felonies, AND treason.

Additionally, there is no question that David Addington, at the very least, should be disbarred.

Tragically, Repiglicans figured out long ago, that the Bubba population in this country, is easily fooled, and hence, during the Nixon administration, they bought up all the rural radio stations they could get, and started their propaganda styled shock jock, Bubba brainwashing routine.

It has worked magnificently, as any American who is of sound mind, and has studied the books, documentaries, and experts, including the whistle blowers, like Joe Wilson, who had the courage to speak out and inform Americans of one of the major of many incessant lies of the Bush Administration, which they continue with, to this day, would surely understand, and embrace, as facts, if they ever REALLY read any books, which IMO, they surely do not!

There is no such thing as a conservative, in the Repiglican Party, "Conservative Republican" is an oxymoron.

I am proud to say, that both Bill and Hillary Clinton, former president Jimmy Carter, and our current president, President Obama, can travel all over the world, with no fear of arrest, and are met with rousing applause, everywhere they go.

Those facts don't phase the RW Nutjobs on here, since they maintain their usual denial of facts and reality, preferring to continue to display their gross ignorance, on every subject.

Sad...truly sad to witness.

G.

(The Repiglican offering for the coming election, are about as ppitiful a group of Americans I have ever seen.

Ron Paul...nutjob and liar, apparently he has emotional issues, since I cannot find any proof that he ever reported the murder he CLAIMS to have witnessed.

Rick Perry...nutjob and liar, with severe emotional issues.
Michele Bachmann...nutjob and liar with severe emotional issues, and who has been more on thhe dole, along with her husband, than anyone else in the line up, though all of them have been "On the dole" for governmennt money, one way or other, she is possibly the worst.
Mitt Romney...humongous LIAR and flip flopper, severe emotional issues, who destroyed more jobs than any other former Governor I know of to this day, has no sense of reality, when it comes to how average people live in our society, cannot speak the truth, and proves it everytime he opens his mouth, has mistreated his family dog, proof of that also, and who belongs to a religious organization, which has looked the other way, and failed completely to smash the radical cells of pedophiles and slave owners within their own religious venue. Not one of them, as far as I know, (And I might add, not one Morman politician, neither Romney, OR the former Ambassador to China, also a Morman, nor any other currently or formerly serving Morman in recent history, has spoken out against those sicko Morman men, who are Mormans and own sex slaves, commit pedophilia, and persecute innocents as a way of life, and then dump their victims onto the Government dole, many of them residing in Texas, one of the states of "Radical Extremism."
Palin,.... definitely a nutjob, egomaniac, money grubbing, opportunist, twit, with severe emotional issues!)

</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

eg8r
08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The evidence is overwhelming... that Dick Cheney is not just a political figure with controversial views, but is an actual criminal</div></div>Well with this quote alone we learn that your source is as big an idiot as you are. If the evidence was "overwhelming" then Cheney would be in jail.

eg8r

LWW
08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Either that, or the Obama regime is complicit in the cover up.

Soflasnapper
08-31-2011, 11:19 AM
You do not need a coverup, if blatantly obvious charges are not brought. People get jailed upon charging; no charging, no jailing.

And yes, that's exactly why Cheney remains at large. The O administration ('looking forward, not backwards') refuses to even investigate these charges, still less, bring charges on their findings.

Same as with the Clinton administration, with regard to any number of crimes of the Reagan/Bush years, which they refused to prosecute (IraqGate, etc.).

It's apparently a kind of professional courtesy, the kind that sees for example, the past history of all presidents of Mexico leaving office as a billionaire, so long as they do not look into how their predecessor in the office became a billionaire when it was their turn.

Gayle in MD
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do not need a coverup, if blatantly obvious charges are not brought. People get jailed upon charging; no charging, no jailing.

And yes, that's exactly why Cheney remains at large. The O administration ('looking forward, not backwards') refuses to even investigate these charges, still less, bring charges on their findings.

Same as with the Clinton administration, with regard to any number of crimes of the Reagan/Bush years, which they refused to prosecute (IraqGate, etc.).

It's apparently a kind of professional courtesy, the kind that sees for example, the past history of all presidents of Mexico leaving office as a billionaire, so long as they do not look into how their predecessor in the office became a billionaire when it was their turn. </div></div>

Yep, and of course we know that Bush one, pardoned many from the Reagan Administration, or blocked further investigations.

Additionally, our circumstances when we got rid of Bush one, and Bush two, were so bad, that blowoing a bunch of money doing investigations, was hardly the first thing on the new Democratic President's mind, for either Clinton, or Obama.

The usual situation, once we get rid of a Republican Preaident, is to prevent the pending emergency circumstances, of a Repiglican President's legacy, miserable as they always are.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-31-2011, 12:29 PM
And remember, about the very first thing W did in office was reverse the Presidential Records Act, by his executive order.

Why? Because as of the passage of his father's term in office, and Clinton's (= 12 years), the time had come for the release to public scrutiny many of the records of the Reagan administration, which would have tarred Reagan's record in office and his father's record as Reagan's VP (and acting president during those years).

If these perps are truly above the law (de facto, if not de jure), then at a minimum, we should still have our own version of a truth commission, as has been done in many countries where many of our foreign policy crimes have been committed.

Because of these truth commissions, which were done not to prosecute their own nationals who were guilty, but to lay out the truth of what had happened, people in El Salvador and Guatamela know far more about the genocides and widespread murders committed there under US guidance, permission and support than we here in America know about our own government's complicity in these heinous acts.

ugotda7
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
UGOTDA7: "I am willing to testify that batshit crazy lefties who blindly buy into this nonsense are freakin' idiots."

eg8r
08-31-2011, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's apparently a kind of professional courtesy, </div></div>So would you consider Obama and Clinton just as criminal then for looking the other way?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And remember, about the very first thing W did in office was reverse the Presidential Records Act, by his executive order.

Why? Because as of the passage of his father's term in office, and Clinton's (= 12 years), the time had come for the release to public scrutiny many of the records of the Reagan administration, which would have tarred Reagan's record in office and his father's record as Reagan's VP (and acting president during those years).

If these perps are truly above the law (de facto, if not de jure), then at a minimum, we should still have our own version of a truth commission, as has been done in many countries where many of our foreign policy crimes have been committed.

Because of these truth commissions, which were done not to prosecute their own nationals who were guilty, but to lay out the truth of what had happened, people in El Salvador and Guatamela know far more about the genocides and widespread murders committed there under US guidance, permission and support than we here in America know about our own government's complicity in these heinous acts. </div></div>

Absolutely! And, how about the damages in Chili, by operatives of Freidman??? The Shock Doctrine. Exactly what Bush and Cheney created right under our noses, right here, and it all started with Reagan, Freidman and Thatcher!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Newt made one true statement, lol, and Republicans went NUTS!

They are so transparent, it speaks to the stupidity of the Righties whosuck up their bull.

LWW
09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely! And, how about the damages in Chili, by operatives of Freidman??? The Shock Doctrine. Exactly what Bush and Cheney created right under our noses, right here, and it all started with Reagan, Freidman and Thatcher!</div></div>

I'm with you sister ... if Bush damages my chili there will be hell to pay!