PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha reading now?

LWW
09-03-2011, 04:45 AM
I've got three going right now:

1 - <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"FDR - THE FIRST HUNDRED DAYS"</span> by Anthony J Badger.

A somewhat dry but fairly detailed view of FDR's beginnings of the "NEW DEAL" ... it's obvious the author is a leftist, but he does make an effort to see the New Deal from more than FDR's side.

2 - <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"THE PURPOSE GUIDED UNIVERSE - BELIEVING IN EINSTEIN, DARWIN, AND GOD"</span> by Bernard Haisch.

To the atheistic left, this book is absolute heresy. A well educated scientist/astrophysicist who believes ... as I do ... that science not only allows for a Creator, but demands one.

3 - <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"THE ROOTS OF OBAMA'S RAGE"</span> by Dinesh D'Souza.

A fascinating book ... and not at all what I expected. Also, it is entirely different from what's it's detractors have claimed it to be ... leading me to believe that it was panned from a position of ignorance based on the assumption that it was a bash Obama book.

I'm trough 78 of 218 pages and so far it hasn't been that at all. In reality, it has been the in depth biographical research that should have been done by the MSM prior to the election ... and, no, it isn't a birther piece.

What it is, so far, is how Obama became the Obama that he is. Much has been written about how the Obama of the campaign trail wasn't the real Obama that resides in the White House ... and much has been written about how the campaign Obama was carefuly crafted and created.

It has so far been a largely sympathetic look at the molding of Obama from birth to president ... and it largely relies upon taking "DREAMS FROM MY FATHER" and digging into the stories told by Obama himself.

As amazing as it sounds, a quick interpretation is that the current White House is ran as much by a ghost as it is by a man.

Anyone else have any good reads they would suggest?

cushioncrawler
09-03-2011, 05:47 AM
I watched a bit of Big Jim McLain today, 1952, John Wayne.
So naturally i hadta google the history of anti-commy films etc, and McCarthyizm stuff and HUAC stuff etc.

Dont read books much. Mainly i watch docs on tv, and listen to docs on radio, and sip red wine. And google a lot.

But mainly i praktis and experiment on my 12' table. Today i drew 2 straight lines, ie in permanent marker. It woz a slow day.

I still havnt gotten over staying up half the nite and watching ustream of the billiards final tween mike russell and matthew bolton, i overdid the red.
mac.

LWW
09-03-2011, 06:37 AM
With your table's hieroglyphics, and apparent fascination with physics, I would suggest Sir Isaac Newton's three volume "Philosophić Naturalis Principia Mathematica" ... but I fear you might get lost in it Mac.

Beyond that, I find that red wines tender to anger the inner El Dubya whilst white wines tend to mellow it.

We won't even go into the evils of korn likker.

cushioncrawler
09-03-2011, 08:03 AM
White wine would kill me -- too eezy to drink.
I mainly drink a cheap red with the max of tannin -- hard to drink -- i often karnt finish my last glass and havta put some gladwrap on it and put it in the fridge -- givs my liver a chance. I had a bad nite on jack daniels over 20 yrs ago and karnt go near it now.
But if u want a good read (a good laugh) look at some of my articles on keepandshare, under cushioncrawler.
mac.