PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed that ...

LWW
09-06-2011, 07:27 AM
... the US seems to no longer have any interest in capturing Al Qaeda leaders and/or other terrorists?

Actually ... and I know this is cruel and unusual punishment in the minds of the left here to remind them of this ... I predicted this even before Obama was elected, and I believe that it would be the result even if McCain had won.

After watching the savaging of Bush/Cheney by a seditious olde skool media and a treasonous congress, and POTUS with half a wit would be politically encouraged to simply kill them as opposed to taking the heat for actually getting information from them.

Sadly, the info which might save innocent lives has now become secondary to the political need to not be brutalized by the moonbat crazy left.

I wonder what data might have been obtained from Osama ... attention aitch and snoopy, Osama was a terrorist leader and not the POTUS ... had he been taken alive?

Does anyone doubt that this could have been achieved?

A tranquilizer dart would immobilize someone far faster than they would bleed out from a gunshot wound, and if they were worried about him wearing a homicide vest ... a head shot would be the last thing you would want since it would likely cause a jolt to the nervous system causing the trigger to be squeezed.

Perhaps you believe the Bush/Cheney tactics were too harsh ... I don't ... but even if you do, it is undeniable that currently we suffer from a policy of political cowardice that is placing the lives of innocents at unnecessary risk.

I find it amazing that the far left opposes the death penalty after a jury trial and years of appeals, but supports it when it saves dear leader from making leadership decisions.

Soflasnapper
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Since the rendition program is still running, you have no basis on which to say what is in the headlines is all that is being done. We may very well be capturing many of them, just with irregular methods and outside standard military operations, operating 'on the dark side, if you will' (--Cheney).

And since whatever bare remnant of Al Qaeda exists, and it is down to perhaps a few dozen, they are not where we can operate with our troops. They are in a different sovereign nation, which has objected to our military going in there. Meaning if we can deal with those persons at all, it is by drone attack.

If our choices are letting them go unscathed because they are where we cannot capture them with troops, or killing them using the one option available, drone strikes, I am surprised to hear you oppose doing that. Why do you support the terrorists?

Stretch
09-06-2011, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since the rendition program is still running, you have no basis on which to say what is in the headlines is all that is being done. We may very well be capturing many of them, just with irregular methods and outside standard military operations, operating 'on the dark side, if you will' (--Cheney).

And since whatever bare remnant of Al Qaeda exists, and it is down to perhaps a few dozen, they are not where we can operate with our troops. They are in a different sovereign nation, which has objected to our military going in there. Meaning if we can deal with those persons at all, it is by drone attack.

If our choices are letting them go unscathed because they are where we cannot capture them with troops, or killing them using the one option available, drone strikes, I am surprised to hear you oppose doing that. Why do you support the terrorists? </div></div>

Well obviously because they have two big things in common. They both hate Obama and want to bring the government down. St.

eg8r
09-06-2011, 12:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And since whatever bare remnant of Al Qaeda exists,</div></div>Uh oh, you and gayle need to get together so that you have just one story to tell because you are both in stark contrast of each other. She has been telling us that they are stronger than ever and we are much more at risk today than ever before of an attack.

eg8r

Sev
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM
It simply because this administration does not want to answer the hard questions that would be asked if any of these guys were placed in GITMO and interrogated.

Not that killing them is a bad thing. However we may be missing opportunities to perform a mass extermination of these cockroaches.

Political triangulation comes prior to anything else.
Acceptable losses are considered a cheap price to pay when attempting to anchor a reelection bid.

Soflasnapper
09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And since whatever bare remnant of Al Qaeda exists,</div></div>Uh oh, you and gayle need to get together so that you have just one story to tell because you are both in stark contrast of each other. She has been telling us that they are stronger than ever and we are much more at risk today than ever before of an attack.

eg8r </div></div>

I haven't seen her post that, but if she takes that position, it is not so, in so far as I've seen or heard.

The estimate for Al Qaeda strength is under 100, I believe, and virtually none or actually none where we could capture them in Afghanistan, but across the border, where we aren't really supposed to be operating with the military.

eg8r
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen her post that, but if she takes that position, it is not so, in so far as I've seen or heard.
</div></div>Just look around. She did not start posting here after you did. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
09-07-2011, 01:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She has been telling us that they are stronger than ever and we are much more at risk today than ever before of an attack.

eg8r </div></div>

Eh...link?

Q

hondo
09-07-2011, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And since whatever bare remnant of Al Qaeda exists,</div></div>Uh oh, you and gayle need to get together so that you have just one story to tell because you are both in stark contrast of each other. She has been telling us that they are stronger than ever and we are much more at risk today than ever before of an attack.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! So you are shocked that those on the Left have varying opinions and don't follow the hive mentality of the Right, huh?

Gayle in MD
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM

eg8r </div></div>

That's a lie, Ed, and you're taking my comments out of context. Such references apply to years ago, after Bush's foreign policy fiasco, and intelligenct from way back then.

Don't ever assume to speak for me.

I have posted several times, about this president's successes in smashing al Qaeda, and killing bin laden. That has nothing to do with the fact that Bush's foreign policy, has created more people around the world, who hate us, or that the innitial result, back then, was that he emboldened and franchised our enemies, including al Qaeda, but not limited to them.

AND IIRC, it was you who was so upset when president Obama killed the man who promoted and planned 9/11, you were grieving over the loss of his life. Some American loyalty! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

We all know the accolades you righties would have given W. had he given a damn about actually killing bin Laden, which he did not!

I suppose it's hard to kill a member of the very family that your whole family has been in bed with for decades, all of the Bush's going all the way back to Preston, in business with terrorists, evil dicaators, and terrorist financiers and supporters.

Let us not forget, it was the Saudi Royal Family, who financed W.'s Oil well disaster in Texas!

No one in America, is as tarnished from doing business with terrorists, and terrorist nations, as the Bush Family Dynasty!!!
yet your side yaps about "paling around with terrorists???? BWA HA HA HA, what colossal hypoocrites!

Talk about terrorist lovers! President Obama kills enemy number one, and you guys are bashing him for doing it, and grieving over how it was accomplished, yet you're all on board with torturing people! Hypocrites Extraordinaire!

Don't ever try to speak for me, because you always take things out of context, twist everything to suit your illogical, irrational, bull****, and lie in the process, just like the rest of the righties on here, all but Sack!

G.

Gayle in MD
09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She has been telling us that they are stronger than ever and we are much more at risk today than ever before of an attack.

eg8r </div></div>

Eh...link?

Q </div></div>

Another of Ed's delustional, twisted statements, taken out of context, dishonestly! Anything to irritate people, that's his motto!

Just another outright lie, from Ed, one of many.

Some Christian.

He supports inhumane torturing under Bush, but he was grieving over the killing of bin Laden, by President Obama! Ed was whining over the loss of a human life, as if bin Laden, deserved to be called human!

Irrational and dishonest, as ever!

G.

eg8r
09-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Blah blah blah. I reserve the right to "assume to speak" for anyone I darn well choose to. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif You are the one touting all the BS and not enjoying it when it is brought back to light and proven wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talk about terrorist lovers! President Obama kills enemy number one, and you guys are bashing him for doing it</div></div>How very gayle like to ask someone else not to lie and she goes off an lies. If you look up hypocrite in the dictionary you will see a pic of Gayle.

eg8r

eg8r
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Do a search and quit with the memory loss garbage.

eg8r

hondo
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a search and quit with the memory loss garbage.

eg8r </div></div>

Why should he? We'll let dearless leader do the search. He's the one who's on here 24/7.

LWW
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a search and quit with the memory loss garbage.

eg8r </div></div>

Why should he? We'll let dearless leader do the search. He's the one who's on here 24/7. </div></div>

At least you acknowledge that they exist.

Soflasnapper
09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Explaining it all, from back in Feb. 2010 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/13/AR2010021303748.html)

This WaPost piece explains the killing vs. capture logic that had then already been evident some time before.

The story explains several different aspects of this deliberate decision. Among the difficulties going into the mix is the Pakistani refusal to allow the US special forces with the CIA's help to perform missions in Pakistan (as someone said earlier on this thread). Another is concern for the safety of US military personnel, with the Black Hawk down situation in mind. Another is where to put these people IF captured, since the NIMBY-minded opposition has created an hysteria about terrorists held in this country. And etc.

LWW
09-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Good catch ... thanks for backing up my point:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When a window of opportunity opened to strike the leader of al-Qaeda in East Africa last September, U.S. Special Operations forces prepared several options. They could obliterate his vehicle with an airstrike as he drove through southern Somalia. Or they could fire from helicopters that could land at the scene to confirm the kill. Or they could try to take him alive.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>The White House authorized the second option.</span> ...

The result has been dozens of targeted killings and <span style='font-size: 11pt'>no reports of high-value detentions.</span>

At the same time, options for where to keep U.S. captives have dwindled. <span style="color: #3366FF">Thanks in large part to the moonbat crazy leftists, seditious olde skool media, and traitorous members of congress.</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Some military and intelligence officials, citing what they see as a new bias toward kills, questioned whether valuable intelligence is being lost in the process. "We wanted to take a prisoner," a senior military officer said of the Nabhan operation. "It was not a decision that we made."</span> ...

All of the CIA's former "black site" prisons have been shut down, <span style="color: #3366FF">Thanks in large part to the moonbat crazy leftists, seditious olde skool media, and traitorous members of congress.</span> and a U.S. official involved in operations planning confirmed that <span style='font-size: 11pt'>the agency has no terrorism suspects in its custody</span>. ...

"There are certain upsides and certain downsides to certain paths," the administration official said. "The safety and security of U.S. military personnel is always something the president keeps at the highest level of his calculus." <span style="color: #3366FF">That last statement was simply precious.</span></div></div>