PDA

View Full Version : If FL House and Senate members have any class...

eg8r
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
they will skip the President's no-jobs address. There will be nothing new and I would prefer to not waste my state taxpayer money paying them to sit and listen to the drivel from this President who only gives speeches. He never produces. Frankly this President has absolutely failed on the jobs front and to think he is all of a sudden going to get any better is just stupid.

I do find it funny that he is going to offer tax cuts in order to help stimulate new jobs. Didn't he listen to the ignorant lefties on this board when they posted tax cuts never work?

eg8r

LWW
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Rumor has it that his "JOBS" plan amounts to tax cuts for the rich and another unemployment benefits extension.

The crowd that believes that:

- Unemployment drives job creation.

- The cure for pollution is coal powered cars.

- Changes in the Sun's energy output doesn't climate, but driving a V8 does.

will, I'm sure, champion the plan.

Soflasnapper
09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I am sympathetic to the idea that these kinds of speeches are a tremendous waste of time. I think they are, and that includes the SOTU address.

Still, it shows the opposite of 'class' to boycott them. A lot of the duties of the Congress are to attend proceedings that are absurdly wastes of time. This is no different. Refusing to attend this one is simply to refuse to perform a traditional duty.

But it's your right to advocate for anything you want, including classless acts. So I imagine you've been on the phone to the Florida Congressional delegations to urge this action? If so, what was the response? Did you get 50% of them to agree? Even one? Or if you haven't made these calls, why not?

eg8r
09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of the duties of the Congress are to attend proceedings that are absurdly wastes of time. </div></div>It is a fine time for them to stand up and quit wasting our taxpayer money.

It is also your right to call a completely classy act, classless. I haven't made the call because it would be a waste of time and by now you should see that I am not keen on wasting money.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Those guys get the same pay regardless. No money is being lost.

Except their ability to use that time to solicit <s>bribes</s> er, donations, surely I must have meant, from their wealthier backers.

Since that is the main thing impeded by their attendance, I would make it mandatory.

LWW
09-08-2011, 02:54 AM
My hope is that another congressional representative has the testicular/ovarian fortitude to call the current POTUS a liar i he blatantly lies

Qtec
09-08-2011, 03:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those guys get the same pay regardless. No money is being lost. </div></div>

Don't do that. Don't hit him with logic and common sense.

Q

Qtec
09-08-2011, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly this President has absolutely failed on the jobs </div></div>

It was going ok until the GOP gained the house.

Q

LWW
09-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Based on what?

Qtec
09-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Its just a fact.

Q

LWW
09-08-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its just a fact.

Q </div></div>

So it wasn't actually based on anything.

But ... I already knew that.

eg8r
09-08-2011, 07:08 AM
LOL, what a schmuck. When Obama comes into office he tells us everything was Bush's fault. He then does absolutely nothing for 2 years and continues to tell us we cannot turn it around overnight and oh yeah it is still Bush's fault. Now we are a few months down the road with the Reps in control of the house and you are already placing all the blame on them.

I got you figured out now, hear me out though...Dems are too stupid and slow to actually do anything in 4 years of control yet the Reps move lightening quick and efficiently in only a few months. No wonder we need more Reps in office.

eg8r

eg8r
09-08-2011, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those guys get the same pay regardless. No money is being lost.
</div></div>So if we were to apply your logic to any salaried position we would the same production and quality if everyone sat around in pointless meetings all the time and never did any work? That is BS and you know it. You would much prefer your salaried employees to be out there working and adding value every second they are expected to work. It is a waste of money and it should be handled in the Oval Office and never should have been a joint Congressional "waste of time".

eg8r

eg8r
09-08-2011, 07:15 AM
You schmuck, it is a strawman argument. He is mentioning something that is not being called into question. Since you are too stupid to comprehend the subject (and sofla purposefully avoiding) of my post is about "production", value add. The idea that they would or would not get paid or whether they are salary or not has nothing to do with the subject. The fact that we are paying them and they should be adding value and doing real work for that money is the subject. Sitting there listening to a lying liar blaming everyone else for his failed policy is not value add but then again for simpletons like yourself you would never be able to comprehend it anyways.

eg8r

Qtec
09-08-2011, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, what a schmuck. When Obama comes into office he tells us everything was Bush's fault. </div></div>

Who's fault was it then? The fairy at the end of the garden?

The month Obama got the keys to the country - that was<u>in the ditch</u>- the US was losing 800,000 jobs a month!

Q

eg8r
09-08-2011, 07:41 AM
LOL, another example of our resident schmuck ignoring the subject.

eg8r

Qtec
09-08-2011, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Who's fault was it then? The fairy at the end of the garden?</div></div>

Q

eg8r
09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Do you really need this explained for you...The point has nothing to do with who's fault it is. The point is that Obama doesn't want any blame placed on him after 2 years in office (he started deflecting on day one) yet you want to place all blame on the new Reps in House after only months. It is your hypocrisy being called but once again it went right over your head.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-08-2011, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Who's fault was it then? The fairy at the end of the garden?</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Repiglicans have done everything they could do, to hold the recovery back, and particularly, job recovery.

Anyone who denies that, isn't playing with a full deck.

Bush himself, and virtually every economist in this country, predicted an unprecedented slow job recovery.

Our recovery was coming along, within just a few months of the crash, this administration was adding thousands of jobs, every month, and saving many jobs, as well, until Repiglicans got the majority back, and since then, we've seen unprecedented obstructionism, and not one single jobs bill, not one, and that, along with their created disasters, like raising the debt ceiling, along with the usual loss in consumer confidence that they knew would follow their obstructive actions, have proven to put us back into a slide, as their policies ALWAYS do!

Bush destroyed our economy, our honor, and our surplus was turned into the worst deficits ever, and the right said, "The deficits don't matter"

Now, when we need to spend, they block investing in re-building our infrastructure, which we need to do anyway, and blocking progress on clean, renewable fuels, which we must do anyway, both of which are job creators, yet they offer nothing but the same old BS, that put us into this deep ditch in the first place.

Cutting taxes, Corporate profitability, neither create JOBS! If those measures did create jobs, we would be seeing huge increases in jobs, since corporate profits are through the roof, and have been going up consistantly, since the crash.

The right is unable to connect the dots. We need to give them each a crayon, and make them prove they can create the correct picture out of the McDonald's children's menu, before they are allowed to vote!

If they didn't learn that Repiglican Presidents, always create recessions, by now, they never will. They want MORE VOODOO economics!

some people never learn a damn thing, even when the facts are undeniable.

The alternate idiot universe does not allow for facts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
09-08-2011, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, what a schmuck. When Obama comes into office he tells us everything was Bush's fault. He then does absolutely nothing for 2 years and continues to tell us we cannot turn it around overnight and oh yeah it is still Bush's fault. Now we are a few months down the road with the Reps in control of the house and you are already placing all the blame on them.

I got you figured out now, hear me out though...Dems are too stupid and slow to actually do anything in 4 years of control yet the Reps move lightening quick and efficiently in only a few months. No wonder we need more Reps in office.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> yet the Reps move lightening quick and efficiently in only a few months. </div></div>

LMAO!

What have they done? Nothing! Not one Jobs Bill! Nothing but obstruct everything!

You're really out of your tree!

This Repiglican Congress has the lowest approval ratings, EVER!
More people disapprove of them, than obama's lowest ratings, which, BTW, are not as low as REagan's were, in the midst of a recession, and HE was re-elected.

That's all we heard them yap about, Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, thenn they get in there and destroy jobs, and not one bill to create JOBS.

It's known as the Do Nothing Congress, HYI, and Pelosi, led the most productive Congress EVER!

The Delusional, Lying, Right Wing. Obstructionist, Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals!

G.

Soflasnapper
09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, what a schmuck. When Obama comes into office he tells us everything was Bush's fault. He then does absolutely nothing for 2 years and continues to tell us we cannot turn it around overnight and oh yeah it is still Bush's fault. Now we are a few months down the road with the Reps in control of the house and you are already placing all the blame on them.

eg8r </div></div>

This is incoherent.

If Obama has done absolutely nothing for 2 years, what were all the complaints about the policies he enacted about? Heard quite a number of those complaints here, and from you as well.

As for the GOP moving lightning quick and all? Sure, in the House. In the Senate, and actually getting the work product of the House into law through passing it in the Senate? Not so much.

Efficiency in the House is built into that system. The Dems were equally efficient there. But inefficiency, delay, and obstruction is built into the Senate by their rules. That's where the Democrats had trouble getting things done, and the GOP has shown no superior ability to move their legislative bids through to law past the Senate.

Moreover, since there is NO impediment to the GOP House majority passing anything they want, it is notable that on the key question of the economy and jobs, they have passed a grand total of... (? crickets chirping, that's right, nothing).

Although it it true, they IMMEDIATELY began their policy of passing nothing about the economy, and have stuck to it. So at least they're consistent.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes, they have consistantly accomplished nothing at all. Haven't even presented a single bill to promote JOBS!

Lotta nerve, IMO.... after all of their "Where are the jobs, Mr. President?" while he was actually doing pretty well, with his policies, and creating jobs, and then they follow up with not one Jobs Bill of their own, and nothing but obstruction?

Blow Hards.

Hypocrites!

G.

eg8r
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Obama has done absolutely nothing for 2 years, what were all the complaints about the policies he enacted about? </div></div>When I meant he has done nothing constructive. You are right he has enacted policy however they did nothing to help other than band aid a wound that is opening up again. If you are satisfied with that then how can we have a discussion?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for the GOP moving lightning quick and all? Sure, in the House. In the Senate, and actually getting the work product of the House into law through passing it in the Senate? Not so much.
</div></div>I am not saying they are lightening quick, I was merely putting to words what qtip was choosing to dance around. Again I will try to explain his hypocrisy...Obama refuses even two years down the road to take blame for failures and rightly so he started on day one of his Presidency. Day 1 was fine, we are not into year 3, when will he take some blame. At this point the failures are still everyone elses fault. Now we have qtip blaming the Reps who have only had majority in the House for half a year and he wants to blame them for everything. Basically giving Obama 3 years blame-free and after a few months blame the Reps for it all. As always qtip is bull of BS.

eg8r

Qtec
09-09-2011, 07:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Day 1 was fine, </div></div>

On day one the US was losing 800,000 jobs a month.
The Nat Debt was 11 T.
The US was running a rising deficit.
You had a banking crisis, a credit crisis, a housing crisis etc etc.

Fine?

Q

eg8r
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On day one the US was losing 800,000 jobs a month.
The Nat Debt was 11 T.
The US was running a rising deficit.
You had a banking crisis, a credit crisis, a housing crisis etc etc.

Fine?

</div></div>You really are a schmuck. Let me see if I can copy paste the discussion and then give you a brief lesson in comprehension...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Obama comes into office he tells us everything was Bush's fault. He then does absolutely nothing for 2 years and continues to tell us we cannot turn it around overnight and oh yeah it is still Bush's fault. Now we are a few months down the road with the Reps in control of the house and you are already placing all the blame on them.
</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sofla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is incoherent.

If Obama has done absolutely nothing for 2 years, what were all the complaints about the policies he enacted about? Heard quite a number of those complaints here, and from you as well.

As for the GOP moving lightning quick and all? </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Day 1 was fine, we are not (this should have been "now") into year 3, when will he take some blame.</div></div>OK schmuck, let's see if we can help you comprehend what we are talking about, suffice to say it is not about the state of the economy.

You blame the reps, well...because that is the idiot you are. I mention (staring with the first quote) that Obama blames Bush from day 1 and is still blaming Bush 2+ years later. I am surprised (not really) that you give Obama 2+ years leeway but then blame the new Reps in the House for everything after only being in charge for half a year.

Sofla then screws it all up because he wasn't thinking before he responded and is caught up in whether Obama actually did anything and never quite understood the reference to the "lightening quick" Reps when all I was saying was you gave Obama 2+ years but the reps get only a few months. You were basically saying the Reps screwed everything up in a couple months. That is lightening quick.

I respond lastly (which you quoted out of text) stating day 1 was fine. The subject is time passed prior to blaming others. Meaning on day 1, the economy was a mess, THAT IS FINE TO BLAME W ON DAY 1 SINCE OBAMA JUST TOOK OFFICE!!!

Now schmuck do you get it or should I think about investing a few more minutes explaining it again?

eg8r