PDA

View Full Version : Give 'Em Hell Barry!!

Gayle in MD
09-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Loved the President's speech!

Very effectively backed the Repigs into a corner.

If they block this, they will be crucified!!!

The American Jobs Act is a very good plan.

I think the vast majority of Americans will back it.

Repigs showed their collective partisan ass! As usual, no dignity and no honor.

G.

LWW
09-09-2011, 02:38 AM
TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>DEAR LEADER HAS PROPOSED TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH ... BRILLIANT!</span>

G.

</div></div>

Qtec
09-09-2011, 02:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what we can’t do – what I won’t do – is let this economic crisis be used as an excuse to wipe out the basic protections that Americans have counted on for decades. I reject the idea that we need to ask people to choose between their jobs and their safety. I reject the argument that says for the economy to grow, we have to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from shortchanging patients. <u>I reject the idea that we have to strip away collective bargaining rights to compete in a global economy.</u> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>We shouldn’t be in a race to the bottom, where we try to offer the cheapest labor and the worst pollution standards.</span> America should be in a race to the top. And I believe that’s a race we can win. </div></div>

Q

LWW
09-09-2011, 03:04 AM
TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.personal-development-is-fun.com/images/manifest-money-throw-away-money.jpg
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>HURRAY, TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH! </span>

Q </div></div>

Sev
09-09-2011, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loved the President's speech!

Very effectively backed the Repigs into a corner.

If they block this, they will be crucified!!!

The American Jobs Act is a very good plan.

I think the vast majority of Americans will back it.

Repigs showed their collective partisan ass! As usual, no dignity and no honor.

G.

</div></div>

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!!!

LWW
09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
TRANSLATED:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN FAVOR OF TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!</span></span>

G.

</div></div>

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!!!

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
09-09-2011, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what we can’t do – what I won’t do – is let this economic crisis be used as an excuse to wipe out the basic protections that Americans have counted on for decades. I reject the idea that we need to ask people to choose between their jobs and their safety. I reject the argument that says for the economy to grow, we have to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from shortchanging patients. <u>I reject the idea that we have to strip away collective bargaining rights to compete in a global economy.</u> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>We shouldn’t be in a race to the bottom, where we try to offer the cheapest labor and the worst pollution standards.</span> America should be in a race to the top. And I believe that’s a race we can win. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Loved it! Perfect presentation, perfect tone, and proof of his willingness to compormise for the good of the country.

Let the Repigs continue to obstruct, and cling to their irrational ideologies, in a time of urgency,.... it won't serve them well, as most people are behind the president's stated views and policies.

We don't need irrational Tea Party nutjobs, to win the election.

Boehner and McConnell have painted themselves into a corner, lol, and now, they can deal with the radical irrational ideologies of the Tea Party obstructionists, as they try to appease moderate independents.

The 'Do Nothing Republican Majority House Of Reps' will have to get off their lazy asses and partisan attacks and join the effort to actually accomplish something beyond obstruction, for a change!

G.

Soflasnapper
09-09-2011, 09:10 AM
The look of Boehner during this speech was priceless.

I give him high marks for controlling himself, and not crying, as he appeared to be on the verge of.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2011, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The look of Boehner during this speech was priceless.

I give him high marks for controlling himself, and not crying, as he appeared to be on the verge of.

</div></div>

LOL, Yep, I was thinking the very same thing, and saying that to my husband.

We were really laughing about that! And Cantor, McConnell, and Ryan, as well, looked like they were going to their own funerals!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Loved it!

Pretty easy to figure out, now that we've heard his speech, why they didn't want to come right out afterward, and start bashing him over it!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Soflasnapper
09-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Cantor immediately began bleating about being bullied, that the president had demanded this be passed or he was going to take it to the people.

Whaaaaaaa!

The old adage is 'be careful what you wish for.' The GOP made much hay out of having had no public presidential proposal, and demanded one be made.

Really, this isn't important as to getting the GOP's passage. It's important in that it gave the president's natural constituency a reminder of the guy they voted for, at long last.

If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, that is the key thing for his re-election chances.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantor immediately began bleating about being bullied, that the president had demanded this be passed or he was going to take it to the people.

Whaaaaaaa!

The old adage is 'be careful what you wish for.' The GOP made much hay out of having had no public presidential proposal, and demanded one be made.

Really, this isn't important as to getting the GOP's passage. It's important in that it gave the president's natural constituency a reminder of the guy they voted for, at long last.

If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, that is the key thing for his re-election chances. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantor immediately began bleating about being bullied, that the president had demanded this be passed or he was going to take it to the people.

Whaaaaaaa!

</div></div>

LMAO! That was hilarious!!!

Word up, Cantor was seen sitting on the capital steps this morning, struggling to get that big foot of his, out of his mouth!

Cantor and Boehner, have since displayed a quick, toning down, of their usual huffing and puffing.

Guess they finally figured out if they huffed and puffed, this time, they could blow their own house down! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LOL!

eg8r
09-09-2011, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, that is the key thing for his re-election chances. </div></div>It is a shame they are too stupid to realize he is all talk and no action. He absolutely fails for a years and then he speaks, gives them goose bumps all over again and they vote him in. Talk about sheeple.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Actually, this president has an astounding record of achievement in very tough partisan circumstances that no other president really has faced in a long time. Clinton came closest as to the rabid partisanship raised against him, but he did not have to deal with a plate full of yesterday's leftover shit sandwich.

Obama's legislative accomplishment record shames most two-term presidents, and he's gotten it all done in less than half his term.

You need to go back to LBJ to find so robust an agenda passed into law, and LBJ was an all-timer with unusual skills and power.

I'm a little surprised to find people like yourself who say he's 'done nothing,' considering this record of accomplishment. I guess either you think what he's done has been all bad, or are simply unaware of most of the things he's done.

eg8r
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, this president has an astounding record of achievement in very tough partisan circumstances </div></div>I can't say I am surprised to see you talking out of both sides of your mouth. First the Reps are obstructing everything in sight and the Dems cannot get anything passed and now you are telling me his closure rate is astounding. Do you ever choose one story and stick with it?

Obama's legislative accomplishment has resulted in yet another downturn in our economy. He has done very little that has resulted in anything positive and surely the sheeple are not dumb enough to vote with their goosebumps and let the loser continue.

eg8r

LWW
09-10-2011, 01:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, this president has an astounding record of achievement in very tough partisan circumstances </div></div>I can't say I am surprised to see you talking out of both sides of your mouth. First the Reps are obstructing everything in sight and the Dems cannot get anything passed and now you are telling me his closure rate is astounding. Do you ever choose one story and stick with it?

eg8r </div></div>

That's the beauty of doublethink.

He absolutely believes both opposing concepts to be inviolable "TRUTH" ... and will draw up whichever the advancement of the regime's agenda demands.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2011, 07:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, that is the key thing for his re-election chances. </div></div>It is a shame they are too stupid to realize he is all talk and no action. He absolutely fails for a years and then he speaks, gives them goose bumps all over again and they vote him in. Talk about sheeple.

eg8r </div></div>

Another delusional, irrational post from Ed, which is totally untrue, and only meant to irritate people.

Do you, Sev and LWW all go to the same kindergarten?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sev
09-10-2011, 08:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, that is the key thing for his re-election chances. </div></div>It is a shame they are too stupid to realize he is all talk and no action. He absolutely fails for a years and then he speaks, gives them goose bumps all over again and they vote him in. Talk about sheeple.

eg8r </div></div>

Another delusional, irrational post from Ed, which is totally untrue, and only meant to irritate people.

Do you, Sev and LWW all go to the same kindergarten?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Nah. But we all get serviced at the same brothel.

ugotda7
09-10-2011, 12:56 PM
[quote=Soflasnapper]Cantor immediately began bleating about being bullied, that the president had demanded this be passed or he was going to take it to the people.

Whaaaaaaa!

If he turns out his coalition by reinvigorating their spirits, <span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">that is the key thing for his re-election chances. </span>[/</span>quote]

And that's what it's all about.

LWW
09-10-2011, 03:48 PM
To the O-cult ... that's what the very existence of the universe is about.

On side note, another of my many O-predictions that is coming true was that the O-cult would be reaching a state of true desperation when they started referring to him as "BARRY" Obama.

Soflasnapper
09-10-2011, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, this president has an astounding record of achievement in very tough partisan circumstances </div></div>I can't say I am surprised to see you talking out of both sides of your mouth. First the Reps are obstructing everything in sight and the Dems cannot get anything passed and now you are telling me his closure rate is astounding. Do you ever choose one story and stick with it?

Obama's legislative accomplishment has resulted in yet another downturn in our economy. He has done very little that has resulted in anything positive and surely the sheeple are not dumb enough to vote with their goosebumps and let the loser continue.

eg8r </div></div>

Both are true. Too complicated for you? I don't blame you. Anyone this side of Ezra Klein finds getting in the weeds of how Congress proceeds a daunting task, and then, hard to believe when you find out.

Congress/.Years ./Motions Filed/Votes on Cloture/Cloture Invoked

...112....2011-2012......24..........17..........10
...111....2009-2010.....136..........91..........63
...110....2007-2008.....139.........112..........61
...109....2005-2006......68..........54..........34
...108....2003-2004......62..........49..........12

From the Senate.gov site (http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/reference/cloture_motions/clotureCounts.htm)

The last column shows how things got done despite these record numbers of filibusters and requirements that cloture be invoked. For '09-'10, 136 times a cloture motion was filed. 91 times that cloture motion came to a vote. 63 times cloture was successfully invoked, by gaining 60 or more votes, winning over 66% of the actual cloture votes held, but only gaining a final vote on the legislation just 46% of the times cloture was filed. Each time cloture has to be invoked burns 5 days off the calendar before it can finally be voted on.

The obstruction was actually much worse than even these numbers show. Requests for unanimous consent are the way the Senate normally proceeds in many and perhaps most of their procedures. Take for instance the need to go to conference committee if the Senate bill passed differs from a House bill passed. Three things have to happen, and here was the part of the letter Sen. Judd Gregg wrote explaining to his caucus how to obstruct everything:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Senate must pass 3 separate motions to go to conference: (1) a motion to insist on its amendments or disagree with the House amendments; (2) a motion to request/agree to a conference; and (3) a motion to authorize the Chair to appoint conferees. The Senate routinely does this by UC [unanimous consent], but if a Senator objects the Senate must debate each step and all 3 motions may be filibustered (requiring a cloture vote to end debate)." </div></div>

Article on Judd Gregg's letter, w/its full text (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/02/read-it-gop-senator-pens_n_377386.html)

This is highly creative, but highly destructive of the Congress' ability to function.

What is more basic than that if the House and Senate differ on bills they've already PASSED in each body, they MUST go to conference. That's the next step. These are entirely necessary steps to get to the conference. And yet, Gregg advises his fellow Republican senators that they can STILL block bills that have passed the Senate and the House from going to conference with these guerilla war tactics. Formerly, the routine was that by UC, the Senate could do all three things in quick succession, and then begin the work of reconciliation of these bills in conference. Under the approach recommended by Gregg, this goes from a 15 minute process to maybe a 15 day delay.

LWW
09-11-2011, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, this president has an astounding record of achievement in very tough partisan circumstances </div></div>I can't say I am surprised to see you talking out of both sides of your mouth. First the Reps are obstructing everything in sight and the Dems cannot get anything passed and now you are telling me his closure rate is astounding. Do you ever choose one story and stick with it?

eg8r </div></div>

Both are true. </div></div>

What other conclusion could an O-cultist possibly come to?

Sev
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Cant wait to hear them squeal when the SCOTUS declares Obamacare unconstitutional.

It will be a memorable moment.

LWW
09-12-2011, 03:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait to hear them squeal when the SCOTUS declares Obamacare unconstitutional.

It will be a memorable moment. </div></div>

They will be told that the bill failed because R obstructionism forced an imperfect bill that they were never in favor of anyway ... and they will shout it from the belfries across the land.

Gayle in MD
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We shouldn’t be in a race to the bottom, where we try to offer the cheapest labor and the worst pollution standards. America should be in a race to the top. And I believe that’s a race we can win.

</div></div>

We MUST destroy Repiglican Fascism, before it's too late!

G.