PDA

View Full Version : OBAMA:"YOU SHOULD PASS THIS JOBS BILL RIGHT AWAY!"

LWW
09-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Can anyone link me to the actual bill ... or must we again pass the bill to find out what's in it?

llotter
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
The bill is far too long and complex for the average citizen so you need only trust your elected representatives to do the right thing.

Sev
09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
There is no bill.

LWW
09-11-2011, 04:15 PM
But dear leader said we must pass this jobs bill right away ... and the O-cult told us about how unpatriotic it was to delay the bill's unveiling by even a single day ... and now you say the bill doesn't even exist?

Surely one of our leftists brethren/sistren will work up the testicular/ovarian fortitude to correct your heresy and point me towards the actual bill?

llotter
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no bill. </div></div>

You are so 'old school'

nAz
09-11-2011, 11:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone link me to the actual bill ... or must we again pass the bill to find out what's in it? </div></div>

I could be wrong but i think and i'm sure most intelligent members of congress understood that he means when the bill is presented in the coming days (Monday?), that they should review it as quickly as possible and pass it without too much posturing or rather with out trying to figure how to turn it to GOP political advantage.

I'm curios from what he said in his speech is there anything in it you like or didn't?

LWW
09-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Then why not delay the speech until an actual bill was prepared?

You are a smart guy ... you can figure this out.

LWW
09-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Repeatedly dear leader referred to a supposedly existing bill ... one that could be passed right then on the spot and would take effect the next day:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"There should be nothing controversial about this piece of legislation,"

"Everything in here is the kind of proposal that's been supported by both Democrats and Republicans--including many who sit here tonight-- and everything in this bill will be paid for--everything."

"Pass this jobs bill, and starting tomorrow, small businesses will get a tax cut if they hire new workers or if they raise workers' wages."</span>

eg8r
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, but maybe lww's intent of this post is due to the way one member from the left (on this board) likes to treat bills. When the HC "bill" was being bantered about we referred to it as a bill over and over again and the member here told us it was not a "bill" yet and she was adamant about it. Well now we have Barry telling them to pass the bill and lww "might" be playing the devil, I mean gayle's advocate and asking "what bill?"

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
This is not a clever point.

It wouldn't have mattered had the bill been available prior to the speech-- it still couldn't have been literally passed 'right away' as of that joint Congressional hearing, even had 'unanimous consent' all across the board been available.

In this context, Obama's urging MEANT 'once it is available, in the coming week, pass this ASAP without delay' (i.e., don't use procedural obstructions to bar its final vote taking place, or slow walk the process).

Plain as day.

And as a stunning surprise to the doubters, we have this report:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obama Sends The ‘American Jobs Act’ To Congress
Thomas Lane | September 12, 2011, 11:36AM

President Obama urges Congress to pass the American Jobs Act in an address today from the Rose Garden.

Standing before a varied assembly of American workers from the public and private sectors, President Barack Obama announced Monday morning that he is now sending the text of the "American Jobs Act" to Congress.

Waving a copy of the bill in his left hand, he urged Congress to pass it "immediately," and also asked the public to press for its swift passage. </div></div>

Is it THERE, TODAY? Probably not. Should be there tomorrow or the next day, presumably.

eg8r
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a clever point.

It wouldn't have mattered had the bill been available prior to the speech-- it still couldn't have been literally passed 'right away' as of that joint Congressional hearing, even had 'unanimous consent' all across the board been available.

</div></div>Who asked if it was clever? It is a well-made point. It seems the only time you guys want to admit to anything is if it suits you.

eg8r

LWW
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a clever point.

In this context, Obama's urging MEANT 'once it is available, in the coming week, pass this ASAP without delay' (i.e., don't use procedural obstructions to bar its final vote taking place, or slow walk the process).

Plain as day.

And as a stunning surprise to the doubters, we have this report:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obama Sends The ‘American Jobs Act’ To Congress
Thomas Lane | September 12, 2011, 11:36AM

President Obama urges Congress to pass the American Jobs Act in an address today from the Rose Garden.

Standing before a varied assembly of American workers from the public and private sectors, President Barack Obama announced Monday morning that he is now sending the text of the "American Jobs Act" to Congress.

Waving a copy of the bill in his left hand, he urged Congress to pass it "immediately," and also asked the public to press for its swift passage. </div></div>

Is it THERE, TODAY? Probably not. Should be there tomorrow or the next day, presumably. </div></div>

So why did everyone on the left have their collective panties in a wad that the R's wouldn't cancel their scheduled debate so that Obama could present the bill?

Soflasnapper
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a clever point.

</div></div>Who asked if it was clever? It is a well-made point. It seems the only time you guys want to admit to anything is if it suits you.

eg8r </div></div>

No it is a stupid point, couched in feigned terms which are dishonest.

LWW plays the strict iggy, feigning ignorance that he doesn't know how to find the bill, and asks others to direct him to it.

Which he knows hadn't yet been put forward. Which he knows when put forward will require time-consuming events known as 'hearings' even should the GOP disown their obstructive tactics for this matter. Which he knows because it is self-evident to anyone paying attention.

Soflasnapper
09-13-2011, 04:07 PM
So why did everyone on the left have their collective panties in a wad that the R's wouldn't cancel their scheduled debate so that Obama could present the bill?

The answer is a hard one to find, considering the question is false, as you know.

LWW
09-14-2011, 04:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So why did everyone on the left have their collective panties in a wad that the R's wouldn't cancel their scheduled debate so that Obama could present the bill?

The answer is a hard one to find, considering the question is false, as you know.
</div></div>
REALLY? (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=364056&Searchpage=2&Main=34517&Words=boehner&topic=0&Search=true#Post364056)

eg8r
09-14-2011, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW plays the strict iggy, feigning ignorance that he doesn't know how to find the bill, and asks others to direct him to it.</div></div>Congress talks about an HC bill they are reviewing and working on, we mention all the bad things we don't like in the bill, gaylio screams at the top of her lungs, "THERE IS NO BILL!!!".

eg8r

LWW
09-15-2011, 02:25 AM
She was merely following orders.

One of the appealing things, to bots, about doublethink is that it allows them to show unquestioned love for the bill while denying the bill even exists.

Soflasnapper
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So why did everyone on the left have their collective panties in a wad that the R's wouldn't cancel their scheduled debate so that Obama could present the bill?

</div></div>
REALLY? (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=364056&Searchpage=2&Main=34517&Words=boehner&topic=0&Search=true#Post364056)
</div></div>

Read the thread (again), and didn't see anything like 'everyone' (actually found NO ONE) saying the Republican debate ought to be canceled. Unless I credit your 'contribution' as saying that (but you are a reformed leftist, you claim).

The only way I can see the slightest point is that perhaps some would claim that if the joint Congressional assemblage did overlap the R-debate, that some Representatives who were scheduled to debate would be required to attend the joint session instead. But of course that wasn't the case either.

eg8r
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep and sofla is giving her senility a pass.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep and sofla is giving her senility a pass.

eg8r </div></div>

Neither Gayle nor anyone suggested, let alone demanded, that the Republicans reschedule their debate, in the thread LWW provided as purported proof that was true.

The ONLY colorable call for that was FROM LWW HISSELF, but in his agit-prop method of attributing it to (unnamed and uncited) others.

LWW
09-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Who said anyone demanded?

Soflasnapper
09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Suggested, demanded, whatever-- how about 'mentioned in the slightest degree'?

The idea that the Rs should CANCEL their little debate was not mentioned in the slightest degree.

LWW
09-17-2011, 03:02 AM
How about ... can someone now point me towards the jobs bill?

LWW
09-17-2011, 03:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suggested, demanded, whatever-- how about 'mentioned in the slightest degree'?

The idea that the Rs should CANCEL their little debate was not mentioned in the slightest degree.
</div></div>

Are you now denting that you played the race card on the topic of the R debate not being canceled at Obama's behest?

Soflasnapper
09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I 'dent' nothing, but DO DENY that I ever suggested the Rs cancel their debate, let alone played a race card to suggest they should.

You see, there was a THIRD option, which has evidently escaped your notice.

That option was to allow Obama to speak on that day, AND for the R debate to proceed with its later start overlapping the last half hour of Obama's address, as well.

I don't even see what the problem was supposed to be. Dems are not particularly interested in the R debate, that would be rather the GOP primary voters interest. The GOP primary voters would probably NOT tune into the president, and would have no compunction of TUNING HIM OUT if they did watch the beginning, in order to see the full R debate.

Since the R debate was on a cable outlet, anyone who COULD see it could also likely be able to DVR the whole thing.

The reaction was as if Obama put a roadblock on all the channels, and so made it impossible for people to turn the channel, and thus pre-empted viewership of the debate. Not true.

LWW
09-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Really?

Who signed in on your SN and posted the following:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's review.

Never before has a Speaker of the House declined a request by the WH to address a joint Congressional gathering, even as to its timing.

Never before has such a president making this request been other than a wholly white man.

Some may draw a connection, but of course, that would be horrible. </div></div>

Soflasnapper
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Of course that was I who posted that.

Why does that mean to you that I in any way called for the cancellation of the debate?

The House and the Senate are NOT the sponsors of any of these debates, the debate was not to be held on the floor of the Congress where this joint session was to be held, and there is no colorable claim that the two (barely overlapping) events could not both have occurred as scheduled if they were scheduled on the same day.

Why do you flail so wildly about?