PDA

View Full Version : Turning Stone Live Stream = Fantastic!

Fran Crimi
09-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Just want to say thanks to Pat Fleming, Jerry Forsyth, Mike Howerton and Al Leon for great streaming and great commentary. I had the streaming on during the week and all weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. The stream was crystal clear and it was television quality. I know that Accu-Stats recently upgraded their equipment to high def and it really shows.

Also, the commentary was great, thanks mainly to Upstate Al and Jerry Forsyth who tirelessly did match after match.

The studio interviews were a total scream! Loved them.

And it was free!! It doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks guys.

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I echo your emotions!

Rich R.
09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
My wife and I were at Turning Stone for the tournament. I have to say, that is one of the best organized and run tournaments I have ever seen. It ran within minutes of the schedule for the entire tournament. My hat is off to Mike Zuglan, his right hand man Dana Bufalo, and all of the other people involved in making this tournament work.

For those that don't know, this event is held in a gorgeous facility, there was $25,000 added prize money, and it was free for spectators both at the arena and on line. I have no idea how they make it work but it was fantastic.

09-14-2011, 10:15 AM
x2. Thanks for a great production, guys!

I agree, Upstate/GoldenQ Al and Jerry Forsyth did a fine job.

Eric

Soflasnapper
09-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I saw you and Cathy stage left many times when they panned the camera a bit. Is the whole tournament held on that 5 tables in a line they showed? (Seems a bit low, but don't know how many were in the field.)

I couldn't get the computer feed up on my tv, but it was gorgeous in full-screen mode on the 'puter. JUST a bit shaky on the feed, to where the balls rolling frequently looked like the gaffe balls with the unbalanced weight-- they'd appear to slightly slow, then speed up, a couple of times, as they rolled. A minor streaming issue, perhaps, and only a slight annoyance (it made it very hard to tell where the balls would end up).

A lot of good matches, plus they had replayable matches from the tourney on tap in case you missed any.

Two comments from the chat area I enjoyed: (of Larry Nevel:) He turned that ball into DUST! (stroking it so hard).

(re: a final day Johnny Archer opponent who I didn't catch):

His mechanics are horrible!
Horrible is too generous a description!
How does a guy with those mechanics get so far in the tournament?
He pockets all the balls! (LOL!)

Rich R.
09-14-2011, 09:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw you and Cathy stage left many times when they panned the camera a bit. Is the whole tournament held on that 5 tables in a line they showed? (Seems a bit low, but don't know how many were in the field.) </div></div>
Phil, the total field was 128 players and it was played on 16 tables, so they could put one quarter of the entire field on the tables at one time.
The venue was fairly large. You can see pictures from last years event on AZB.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=238490
The venue was set up the same way this year except that they had AccuStats set up on one of the end tables.
For the Sunday rounds, they took out three tables and moved the AccuStats up. It was a great room.

Soflasnapper
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
That makes more sense, except that the field was even larger than I imagined it must have been.

Whew!