PDA

View Full Version : Williard Tip Shaper, Best Source?

Sid_Vicious
09-20-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm going to spend some bucks and go ahead and get the Williard setup for installing tips myself. I see these regularly for arounf 399 on websites, and once say that Williard's direct had a sale going a little while back for around 300. Are there any other sources y'all are aware of????sid

09-20-2002, 06:36 PM
How about eBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1858809544

I know the seller and he is very reputable.

Troy
09-20-2002, 08:31 PM
IMO the best price is direct from Willard's, $294.95. PH 1-800-379-0299. Keep in mind that this is the basic setup, 1 each trimmer and tip holder (13 & 14mm) and two collets (12-13.5mm).

I ended up buying all the trimmer sizes (3), tip holder sizes (3), and collet sizes (4), and it was well worth the investment.

Troy...~~~ Also bought a lathe 2 years ago..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif:)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I'm going to spend some bucks and go ahead and get the Williard setup for installing tips myself. I see these regularly for arounf 399 on websites, and once say that Williard's direct had a sale going a little while back for around 300. Are there any other sources y'all are aware of????sid <hr></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
09-24-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanks for that information! I have to juggle a couple of things financially and I will be getting one of these. Too bad you can't alter the basic package, I don't see where I need a 12mm collet, but there's certain to be another that could work for today's needs. So what do you figure you sank into the investment with all the other do-dads???sid

Troy
09-26-2002, 09:18 PM
Sid... The basic collets (12-13.5) fit shafts in that range.

The cost has gone up since I bought my set-up it, but with all the extra collet sizes and trimmer sizes I think I'm in about $450. IMO well worth the investment sinve I'm still using it 3-4 years later.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Thanks for that information! I have to juggle a couple of things financially and I will be getting one of these. Too bad you can't alter the basic package, I don't see where I need a 12mm collet, but there's certain to be another that could work for today's needs. So what do you figure you sank into the investment with all the other do-dads???sid <hr></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
09-27-2002, 06:29 AM
Thanks, I decided to get the larger collets as well. We were directed that way in case we wanted to do house cues cuz of their tapers being steep. It looks like I'll have abilities for all my personal cues except for a 14mm Heubler, a black McDermott BJ and my jumpers. I assume there'd be a need for larger tip holder for those, and another trimmer. That ain't bad for today's investment....sid