PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill: Unionize the Military by EO

llotter
09-13-2011, 10:07 AM
So, would unionizing the military via Executive Order help or hurt The Moron? Would the military vote turn more to the Democrat side? Is The Moron really as smart as a chimpanzee or is he a dumb as a rock?

LWW
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011/09/07/warobama_1.jpg

Soflasnapper
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, would unionizing the military via Executive Order help or hurt The Moron? Would the military vote turn more to the Democrat side? Is The Moron really as smart as a chimpanzee or is he a dumb as a rock? </div></div>

I was surprised to hear of this rumor, so I looked it up.

Apparently, it comes from not a WH insider, but a WALL STREET insider (supposedly way knowledgeable about inside the WH matters).

My take is that it is entirely false, and only intended to rile up Obama critics and provide them fodder for their dark ruminations on what a dictator he is. As shown here, with the question of whether he (The Moron (tm)) is as smart as a chimp (a racist comparison, unfortunately) or dumb as a rock.

What, you couldn't work some insults about the First Lady into the post?

Slipping...

eg8r
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What, you couldn't work some insults about the First Lady into the post?

</div></div>Well, for the record your gal pal gayle is the one that refers to W as a chimp. I have not once seen someone from the left call her out for her insults but I will give you time to make it right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As far as your "take", I am in agreement and believe the rumor is false also.

eg8r

LWW
09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What, you couldn't work some insults about the First Lady into the post?

</div></div>Well, for the record your gal pal gayle is the one that refers to W as a chimp.

eg8r </div></div>

It is amazing that there are people who believe that this is racist:

http://www.belch.com/img/Obama_Monkey.jpg

who also believe that this isn't racist:

http://www.suprmchaos.com/bush-chimp1bbb_pg.jpg

Soflasnapper
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, amazing, but showing a white man eating a watermelon or fried chicken isn't racist, but showing an African-American man doing the same, IS.

Just as comparing A-As to the great apes, or monkeys, or chimpanzees, also carries this historical racial impact, whereas with white men, not so much, and not at all.

Why? Because anyone can be stupid, and that was what comparing W to a chimp was all about. When used for A-As, however, this stirs up the historical references to A-As as inferior to real people, stupider, and because of racial reasons.

But in case you disagree, explain how it is and what is racist about depicting W as a chimp? Disparaging A-As, who as some claim to know, are more like chimps? [/racism]

llotter
09-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Why you cannot see that it is you that can only see thing through racist eyes. It is the Left that can only recognize people by group identity. Yes, there are historic references to most, if not all, prejudices, we need to get over that and start viewing people as individuals instead of picking at old scabs for political reasons.

LWW
09-14-2011, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, amazing, but showing a white man eating a watermelon or fried chicken isn't racist, but showing an African-American man doing the same, IS.</div></div>

Why?

LWW
09-14-2011, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just as comparing A-As to the great apes, or monkeys, or chimpanzees, also carries this historical racial impact, whereas with white men, not so much, and not at all.

Why? Because anyone can be stupid, and that was what comparing W to a chimp was all about. When used for A-As, however, this stirs up the historical references to A-As as inferior to real people, stupider, and because of racial reasons.

But in case you disagree, explain how it is and what is racist about depicting W as a chimp? Disparaging A-As, who as some claim to know, are more like chimps? [/racism] </div></div>

I don't think showing GWB as a chimp is racist at all ... nor do I see showing Obama as a chimp to be racist.

I do find both objectionable as they both show a man as being a sub-human species.

IMHO I think we have a couple of dynamics at play here.

1 - A staple of leftist politics, since before the revolutionary war, has been that the negro race is in fact inferior to the white race ... therefor closer to the lower end of the great apes. To that group, showing a white man as a chimp is humorous, while showing a black man as a chimp strikes something deep within the white leftist psyche that they don't want to face up to.

2 - The rest of us who see a man as a man, and all species of man being superior to the lower simian classes. Those find the analogy objectionable whether it's a white man or a black man being depicted ... and see it as objectionable as when the Islamists depict Jews as pigs.